Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Network Says Marvin Will Be Fired!
You will hate the day the backup coach (Hue) is now the HC. I don't like Marvin either, but he better not be replaced with someone who is clearly worse.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 01:56 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You will hate the day the backup coach (Hue) is now the HC. I don't like Marvin either, but he better not be replaced with someone who is clearly worse.

ThumbsUp 

Spot on, please no Hue Jackson as HC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 12:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was half-asleep, but NFL Network said that Marvin is likely to be fired.

They acknowledged that Mike Brown is a tight ass and doesn't like to pay coaches or players if they're with the team (which I thought was hilarious that even they're saying he's a tight ass), but that Marvin's contract was a one year deal with a TEAM OPTION for a second year, meaning that Mike can let him go without paying him anything.

I do fear that he'll do something stupid like just promote Hue (who I think isn't a much better head coach than Marvin) or sign a shitty coach.

Marvin, I appreciate that you brought us some winning seasons when this franchise was known as a joke, but it's time to move on.

The writing appears to be on the wall!

Correction they said he could be fired because the Bengals don't have to pick up his 2019 option.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 06:35 PM)Always a Bengal Wrote: Correction they said he could be fired because the Bengals don't have to pick up his 2019 option.

...but they will.
Reply/Quote
I think this is the game that gets Marvin fired or removed from his DC duties. There's been a total lack of discipline (penalties) ever since he's taken on the DC responsibilities and that's directly on the HC.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Marvin needs to be fired immediately. But, I'm afraid he'll hang on a few more years.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 07:13 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Marvin needs to be fired immediately. But, I'm afraid he'll hang on a few more years.

I would have had a padlock and a note on his office door--GTFO.  We'll mail your shit to you.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 12:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was half-asleep, but NFL Network said that Marvin is likely to be fired.

They acknowledged that Mike Brown is a tight ass and doesn't like to pay coaches or players if they're with the team (which I thought was hilarious that even they're saying he's a tight ass), but that Marvin's contract was a one year deal with a TEAM OPTION for a second year, meaning that Mike can let him go without paying him anything.

I do fear that he'll do something stupid like just promote Hue (who I think isn't a much better head coach than Marvin) or sign a shitty coach.

Marvin, I appreciate that you brought us some winning seasons when this franchise was known as a joke, but it's time to move on.

The writing appears to be on the wall!

We had this conversation last year and the media was saying their goodbyes only for him to come back. you've been a fan long enough Brad to know better...
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 07:16 PM)GodFather Wrote: We had this conversation last year and the media was saying their goodbyes only for him to come back. you've been a fan long enough Brad to know better...

Yep. I won't bother getting excited until Hobson himself is reporting it.

Not that NFL Network actually reported anything. Sounds more like speculation. Good luck with that. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
How many years was Alexander the Great a waste on the team? 24-25? So Marvin has at least 8 more seasons before Mike Brown might consider moving on from him. The ONLY way Lewis ever leaves this team is if he wants to.
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis won’t even be fired if the Bengals go 0-16. As proof I submit Mike Brown wants Hue Jackson on the coaching staff who actually has coached a team to an 0-16 record.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 01:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I don't really have anything against Simmons, but he's been here 16 years just like Marvin. 

I just think this organization needs a fresh face, a new voice and a different approach...and it needs to come from outside...someone who's has nothing to do with the past 16 years. 

I don't think Marvin is going anywhere next year, but when he eventually does, I really hope they go with an outside hire.

A thousand times this. If this fan base has any chance of being rewarded for its loyalty, this would be the way it will happen.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 07:26 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: A thousand times this. If this fan base has any chance of being rewarded for its loyalty, this would be the way it will happen.

While I love the idea, when's the last time Mike Brown showed any concern for the fan base? We're loyal to his team. Unfortunately, that has never been reciprocated.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 01:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I don't really have anything against Simmons, but he's been here 16 years just like Marvin. 

I just think this organization needs a fresh face, a new voice and a different approach...and it needs to come from outside...someone who's has nothing to do with the past 16 years. 

I don't think Marvin is going anywhere next year, but when he eventually does, I really hope they go with an outside hire.

I 100% agree with you, but the problem is that Mikey doesn't view the past 16 years in any sort of negative way. He sees 4 division titles and 7 playoff trips...not the 9 times where we missed the playoffs, the 0-7 playoff record, the 3 consecutive losing seasons, etc etc.

I saw him defend a losing record (Marv's record from 2005-2010). After that, I realized just how low Mike's bar is.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I just don’t understand how MB just let’s these things happen for so long? That’s far beyond bad ownership. If Marvin isn’t released within the next 24hrs, my head may explode. Ugh!

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 07:26 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: A thousand times this. If this fan base has any chance of being rewarded for its loyalty, this would be the way it will happen.

Tiger Agreed.

Now a couple of points:

1. I am 100% sure that this front office would/will consider Hue's Head Coaching in Cleveland as an aberration. Different place, different players etc.
2. Let's not forget Katie and her Hunny-bunny. They could be at Sunday dinner at Daddy's house lobbying hard for a fresh start as we speak...

BTA, Marvin is like a bad rash...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
I'll believe it when I see it.
Reply/Quote
Yawn. Next man up?? Hue Jackson and another 15 years of mediocrity. Hell yeah!!
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 07:39 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger Agreed.

Now a couple of points:

1. I am 100% sure that this front office would/will consider Hue's Head Coaching in Cleveland as an aberration. Different place, different players etc.
2. Let's not forget Katie and her Hunny-bunny. They could be at Sunday dinner at Daddy's house lobbying hard for a fresh start...

BTA, Marvin is like a bad rash...

Problem #2....Katie & Troy, I would likely wager, will operate in no other fashion other than Mikey. 

The issue at hand is simply that this family does not have the nose for the game. Fiscal, sure, but not the game itself. I miss Paul Brown....at least we witnessed the ability to make the SB, even should have won them, and potential to go back at it again.
"In my mind, I'm already there"
Reply/Quote
Simple fire hue Marv and lazor and hire mcarthy.
Reply/Quote