Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Network Says Marvin Will Be Fired!
(12-02-2018, 01:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am with the vast majority who thinks we need a new HC, thought that last year as well.

But, if ML figures out a way to get an injury riddled team into the playoffs, then it becomes up for debate again. I don't see ML doing leading team to playoffs from 5-6 position, but if he did I may rethink my position.
OC for Ohio State would be perfect as he is getting a job as a head man somewhere. And Mike Brown has ties to Ohio State and likes their program. Just Saying 
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 10:22 AM)McC Wrote: I wonder what's going on down at PBS today.   Is anybody who matters pissed?

Mikey probably bought everyone a nice McDonalds breakfast 

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 12:50 PM)Trademark Wrote: If Hue becomes coach I’m turning in my fandom. I can’t stand Hue

need hue to help us get a few of them number 1 overall picks back to back
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 10:22 AM)McC Wrote: I wonder what's going on down at PBS today.   Is anybody who matters pissed?

Not likely. Mikey always takes the long term view
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 02:14 AM)Benton Wrote: In Minnesota zimmer has had half the tools Marvin has had and more success (in a shorter window). I'd gladly take zimmer over Marvin.

I would LOVE to have Zimmer in here. With the talent this team has, and the fire he would light under their asses, man o man....
Reply/Quote

We were projected to win 4-5 games by the media. I seriously doubt they are.
Reply/Quote

Nope ! They have the "injury excuse" to ride and throw around. They'll blame the season on that and pretend this team had a chance before all the injuries and keep operating as before.

"We'll get em next year"

Bengal Fan Hell will continue
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 01:06 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I hate to say it, but I don't know that Zimmer would be that much of an upgrade. He had what...1 good year in Minnesota?

At this point, I'd take any change though...just to get Marvin out. The players have tuned him out.

5th season
2 division titles
13-3 season last year + playoff win (over an excellent Saints team...with Keenum as his QB)
45-30-1 career record (.599 win %)

That's a better track record than Marvin. I doubt Minny fires him though, barring a total collapse this year. They're currently 6-5-1.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 12:10 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Not likely. Mikey always takes the long term view

A long term view...with very low standards where he often only sees positives...even if the positives are all from 4 years ago.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 12:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was half-asleep, but NFL Network said that Marvin is likely to be fired.

They acknowledged that Mike Brown is a tight ass and doesn't like to pay coaches or players if they're with the team (which I thought was hilarious that even they're saying he's a tight ass), but that Marvin's contract was a one year deal with a TEAM OPTION for a second year, meaning that Mike can let him go without paying him anything.

I do fear that he'll do something stupid like just promote Hue (who I think isn't a much better head coach than Marvin) or sign a shitty coach.

Marvin, I appreciate that you brought us some winning seasons when this franchise was known as a joke, but it's time to move on.

The writing appears to be on the wall!

Oh pleaseeeee!  Cool  It's Ground Hog day again!  Didn't they go through the same song and dance last year??  ML has survived a 4-11-1 and a 4-12 season.  5-11 isn't going to scare MB.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 12:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Nope ! They have the "injury excuse" to ride and throw around. They'll blame the season on that and pretend this team had a chance before all the injuries and keep operating as before.

"We'll get em next year"

Bengal Fan Hell will continue

Mikey the Clown does actually not need excuses. Every year it is "aw shucks, we did not quite meet our goals but I like our team and we are going in the right direction".

He loves Marvin the Clapper because he takes all the flack and he is not too demanding. 

Until further notice, the Clown and Clapper show will still be on stage. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Fired? LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 10:09 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: The RB was as rookie that was 5'9" and weighed 180 pounds soaking wet...and ran all over our D (for a second straight week). I wouldn't say the D was apart of a winning solution, either.
That dude and Burfict collided and Burfict went to the sideline hurt.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 05:40 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: That dude and Burfict collided and Burfict went to the sideline hurt.

Tez needs his roids back Ninja

Reply/Quote