Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Network Says Marvin Will Be Fired!
(12-02-2018, 09:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: D was doing great today until they encountered adversity. Game went from 7-3 to 21-3 because of 2 turnovers. 

Yeah, well just throw that into the pile of "too little, too late".  Because at this point, it's about the equivalent of trying to piss on a forest fire, in an attempt to put it out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 09:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well the 65 yard run can after one of the turnovers I pointed to, so that skewed the rushing numbers a little.

Also you don't get any actual points for rushing yards. I realize it's hard to look at it rationally when we're mad, but the D was not the problem today. 

Not mad, just tired.

I think this season has beaten people’s expectations down.

So a 65 yard run doesn’t count? It’s mind numbing what fans will do to rationalize at best an ok performance
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 09:58 PM)N_B Wrote: Not mad, just tired.

I think this season has beaten people’s expectations down.  

So a 65 yard run doesn’t count?  It’s mind numbing what fans will do to rationalize at best an ok performance

Of course it counts. That's why I said "until we faced adversity (2 T.O.s). 

The lack of discipline is something I cannot stomach. Poor play, poor players, better team; sure. But when you commit as many penalties as we have the past couple weeks and you don't respond to the adversity; change is required. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:13 PM)TigerJ@w Wrote: Interesting, do they delete posts around here they do not like?  I mean, within minutes of posting?  Just curious what this place is like due to my post on this thread is gone.

Depends on what you post but my best advice is, don't ask in public. PM a mod or admin.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis to be fired you say?

[Image: super-troopers-quites-shit-turns-purple....=625&h=402]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Only the packers would fire a HC who has taken them to the playoffs 9 times and a Super Bowl victory.
Reply/Quote
If Marvin gave a damn about the Bengals he would walk away before he destroys everything he has built here.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 11:26 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: If Marvin gave a damn about the Bengals he would walk away before he destroys everything he has built here.

DingDing

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course it counts. That's why I said "until we faced adversity (2 T.O.s). 

The lack of discipline is something I cannot stomach. Poor play, poor players, better team; sure. But when you commit as many penalties as we have the past couple weeks and you don't respond to the adversity; change is required. 

Agreed my man
Reply/Quote
If the Vikes miss the payoffs Zimmer may be available
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:55 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Only the packers would fire a HC who has taken them to the playoffs 9 times and a Super Bowl victory.

Some NFL Teams want Super Bowls and view less as failure.

Here we treat a single playoff win as if it's a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 12:57 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: If the Vikes miss the payoffs Zimmer may be available

I hate to say it, but I don't know that Zimmer would be that much of an upgrade. He had what...1 good year in Minnesota?

At this point, I'd take any change though...just to get Marvin out. The players have tuned him out.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 01:05 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Some NFL Teams want Super Bowls and view less as failure.

Here we treat a single playoff win as if it's a Super Bowl.

Playoff win? No, Mikey's SB is getting another 4th round comp pick in the next draft
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 01:06 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I hate to say it, but I don't know that Zimmer would be that much of an upgrade. He had what...1 good year in Minnesota?

At this point, I'd take any change though...just to get Marvin out. The players have tuned him out.

In Minnesota zimmer has had half the tools Marvin has had and more success (in a shorter window). I'd gladly take zimmer over Marvin.
Reply/Quote
If we are to fire Marvin Lewis or void his contract if it's a team option, then the question becomes what to do with the coaching staff.

If they go to Hue Jackson the feeling I get is that basically the fans are done and have no plan of ever showing up again.

They won't be able to give tickets away at that point.

I've yet to hear a positive response from a Bengals fan on Hue as anything more than a WR coach or from a few as OC.

Basically they feel it would be like hiring Dave Shula after knowing how he did as HC.

I know it'll be strange and I'm not sure how everyone would feel about this, but here is what I would do.

I would move Alex Van Pelt to OC. You know why Mike McCarthy is available? He upset Aaron Rogers! Why? Because he got rid of his guy Alex Van Pelt.

Knowing that he'll be the next head coach if he shows he can handle the OC job.

We would need a stop gap HC, I don't how people would feel about this.

I would get on the phone, as of right now and hire Sam Wyche for a 4 year contract, with a five year option for the team.

He's 73 right now and that would make him 77-78 when his contract ended. Give him a 3 year contract with him if that's more desirable for him because of age.

Call Boomer Esiason, get this offense together and have them work together. Have Andy running this high tempo offense with Boomer and Sam this offseason.

Boomer is maybe one of the smartest QB's ever, he ran a Peyton Manning style offense before Peyton Manning.

I guarantee our offense would be high flying and extremely fun to watch next year.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 02:15 AM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: If we are to fire Marvin Lewis or void his contract if it's a team option, then the question becomes what to do with the coaching staff.

If they go to Hue Jackson the feeling I get is that basically the fans are done and have no plan of ever showing up again.

I've yet to hear a positive response from a Bengals fan on Hue as anything more than a WR coach or from a few as OC.

Basically they feel it would be like hiring Dave Shula after knowing how he did as HC.

I know it'll be strange and I'm not sure how everyone would feel about this, but here is what I would do.

I would move Alex Van Pelt to OC. You know why Mike McCarthy is available? He upset Aaron Rogers! Why? Because he got rid of his guy Alex Van Pelt.

I would get on the phone, as of right now and hire Sam Wyche for a 4 year contract, with a five year option for the team.

He's 73 right now and that would make him 77-78 when his contract ended. Give him a 3 year contract with him if that's more desirable for him because of age.

Call Boomer Esiason, get this offense together and have them work together. Have Andy running this high tempo offense with Boomer and Sam this offseason.

Boomer is maybe one of the smartest QB's ever, he ran a Peyton Manning style offense before Peyton Manning.

I guarantee our offense would be high flying and extremely fun to watch next year.

Bang Head

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Why would you guys really believe this?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course it counts. That's why I said "until we faced adversity (2 T.O.s). 

The RB was as rookie that was 5'9" and weighed 180 pounds soaking wet...and ran all over our D (for a second straight week). I wouldn't say the D was apart of a winning solution, either.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 02:15 AM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: If we are to fire Marvin Lewis or void his contract if it's a team option, then the question becomes what to do with the coaching staff.

Who lets these guys in?

Reply/Quote
I wonder what's going on down at PBS today. Is anybody who matters pissed?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote