If I could "wish" what we should do:

Fire Lazor

Move Hue to OC

Demote Marvin to DC

Hire Brain Billick as HC.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 07:58 PM)Edge Wrote: Problem #2....Katie & Troy, I would likely wager, will operate in no other fashion other than Mikey. 

The issue at hand is simply that this family does not have the nose for the game. Fiscal, sure, but not the game itself. I miss Paul Brown....at least we witnessed the ability to make the SB, even should have won them, and potential to go back at it again.

Supposedly, Mike Brown liked Coughlin and Katie liked Marvin 16 years ago.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Supposedly, Mike Brown liked Coughlin and Katie liked Marvin 16 years ago.

I believe so. I do remember wanting Coughlin over Lewis simply for the tougher discipline. Not sure if that would've translated into a winning record since those days Tom was not very well received by many players simply because of his tough love approach. I was amazed the Giants gelled together with his personality. Not so sure the Bengals may have done the same, who knows.
"In my mind, I'm already there"
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If I could "wish" what we should do:

Fire Lazor

Move Hue to OC

Demote Marvin to DC

What makes you think Marvin would be a good DC?
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:15 PM)Edge Wrote: I believe so. I do remember wanting Coughlin over Lewis simply for the tougher discipline. Not sure if that would've translated into a winning record since those days Tom was not very well received by many players simply because of his tough love approach. I was amazed the Giants gelled together with his personality. Not so sure the Bengals may have done the same, who knows.

I don't think Coughlin would have been happy doing things the Mike Brown way.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:17 PM)N_B Wrote: What makes you think Marvin would be a good DC?

Well, he used to be.  All he needs is HOFers at every level and he's yer man.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 07:35 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I just don’t understand how MB just let’s these things happen for so long? That’s far beyond bad ownership. If Marvin isn’t released within the next 24hrs, my head may explode. Ugh!

It goes back to accountability, or the lack thereof. Marvin has never been held responsible by Mike...for anything. Never. In fact, he's routinely rewarded Marvin for his failures. He gets a new deal after 2010, when he had a 60-67-1 record in 8 years and was coming of 3 losing seasons in he previous 4. After the embarrassing playoff meltdowns in '13 and '15, not only was he not fired, he was given extensions both times. Then, this past offseason when his contract was up again and Mike could have easily parted ways without spending a dime, he instead rewards him with another contract despite back-to-back losing seasons.

I mean, Marvin's not stupid. Why in hell would he ever want to leave a gig like this...where he's never responsible for anything and he continuously get rewarded for his failures?
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:15 PM)Edge Wrote: I believe so. I do remember wanting Coughlin over Lewis simply for the tougher discipline. Not sure if that would've translated into a winning record since those days Tom was not very well received by many players simply because of his tough love approach. I was amazed the Giants gelled together with his personality. Not so sure the Bengals may have done the same, who knows.

They didn’t gell. Players hated him in NY. They managed to get it done after stumbling into the wild card at 9-7; twice. But they did not like him at all.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It goes back to accountability, or the lack thereof. Marvin has never been held responsible by Mike...for anything. Never. In fact, he's routinely rewarded Marvin for his failures. He gets a new deal after 2010, when he had a 60-67-1 record in 8 years and was coming of 3 losing seasons in he previous 4. After the embarrassing playoff meltdowns in '13 and '15, not only was he not fired, he was given extensions both times. Then, this past offseason when his contract was up again and Mike could have easily parted ways without spending a dime, he instead rewards him with another contract despite back-to-back losing seasons.

I mean, Marvin's not stupid. Why in hell would he ever want to leave a gig like this...where he's never responsible for anything and he continuously get rewarded for his failures?

It's un$%^@#^* believable !
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It goes back to accountability, or the lack thereof. Marvin has never been held responsible by Mike...for anything. Never. In fact, he's routinely rewarded Marvin for his failures. He gets a new deal after 2010, when he had a 60-67-1 record in 8 years and was coming of 3 losing seasons in he previous 4. After the embarrassing playoff meltdowns in '13 and '15, not only was he not fired, he was given extensions both times. Then, this past offseason when his contract was up again and Mike could have easily parted ways without spending a dime, he instead rewards him with another contract despite back-to-back losing seasons.

Yep. And what message does that send to the players?

We rarely waive a player for mistakes or poor play. Heck, we keep starting them in some cases.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. And what message does that send to the players?

We rarely waive a player for mistakes or poor play. Heck, we keep starting them in some cases.

That there's no accountability here, no responsibility. It doesn't matter if u don't do your job, look at our HC nothing but failure and he's in his 16th season. Players play out their contracts no matter how bad they suck because of MB's idiotic honor the contract BS. (which is just a money saving ploy) The culture here is totally broken !
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:01 PM)ah5 Wrote: Simple fire hue Marv and lazor and hire mcarthy.

If McCarthy can't win with one of the best QBs in the league what makes you think he can come here and win?
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:17 PM)N_B Wrote: What makes you think Marvin would be a good DC?

D was doing great today until they encountered adversity. Game went from 7-3 to 21-3 because of 2 turnovers. 

Reply/Quote
mccarthy wins suprebowl but he's been fired. marvin hasn't won a playoff game, why us, WHY!
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If I could "wish" what we should do:

Fire Lazor

Move Hue to OC

Demote Marvin to DC

Why keep the stank? Let’s go with a whole new, fresh start!
Reply/Quote
I expect Marvin to be back next season. The one-year option is speculation. And every time someone speculates Marvin will be held accountable, he comes back with new levels of failure.

At most, Marvin will get to pick out some new coordinators after blaming the last ones.
Reply/Quote
If this team is just going to name Hue the coach what's the point Marvin is a better coach. (not bye much I know)
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 09:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: D was doing great today until they encountered adversity. Game went from 7-3 to 21-3 because of 2 turnovers. 

Great? How many rushing yards did we give up?

We have played 12 quarters of defense under ML as d coordinator. We’ve played like 3 good quarters
Reply/Quote
I don’t care who takes over, Mediocre Marv needs to be Fired! He needed to be Fired years ago and then we would’ve had Zimmer take over. At least make a change to show you care about winning it all. 26 years since last playoff win and 16 years of a HC with no playoff wins. A SuperBowl HC gets Fired today and Mike F Brown just sits there. Why people go to the games is beyond me. To party I guess. Sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 09:46 PM)N_B Wrote: Great?  How many rushing yards did we give up?

We have played 12 quarters of defense under ML as d coordinator.  We’ve played like 3 good quarters

Well the 65 yard run can after one of the turnovers I pointed to, so that skewed the rushing numbers a little.

Also you don't get any actual points for rushing yards. I realize it's hard to look at it rationally when we're mad, but the D was not the problem today. 

Reply/Quote