Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.22 Average
#NFL Rigged???
Fear not, Bengals fans. All is well. 

It's actually in 2025 but whatever. Later is better than never, no?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 06:08 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I went and double-checked the rule and this seems to explain the logic here. 

To me, that seems like a reasonable answer as to why Burrow's pass was IG whereas Mahomes' was not. 

(01-31-2023, 01:54 AM)Roland Wrote: Why?  Burrow was also hit in his throwing motion.  Basically the officials decided that they knew his intent and ignored this aspect of the rule.

Burrow threw the ball directly into the ground, as he's known to do on broken screen plays. He just didn't get it close enough to Perine.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:16 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Why the **** would I need to check Twitter? To see even more people’s doofy claims of conspiracy?

Do you have any idea how many people it would take to pull off the shit that you suggest? And it’s been going on for decades and no one involved has ever come clean? The mental gymnastics required to actually believe this shit is comical.

The league is clearly rigged. Who won the SB after 9/11? The Patriots, who won after Hurricane Katrina happened? The Saints, Peyton's last season, the Broncos, Ray Lewis' last season, the Ravens, now they are hyping up the fact it's the first time two black QB's are facing each other in the SB. Also Andy Reid is facing his old team and the Kelce brothers are facing each other, the NFL is scripted entertainment
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 03:21 AM)Trademark Wrote: The league is clearly rigged. Who won the SB after 9/11? The Patriots, who won after Hurricane Katrina happened? The Saints, Peyton's last season, the Broncos, Ray Lewis' last season, the Ravens, now they are hyping up the fact it's the first time two black QB's are facing each other in the SB. Also Andy Reid is facing his old team and the Kelce brothers are facing each other, the NFL is scripted entertainment

Damn if only Trey Lance hadn't got injured the 49ers might have had a chance.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 02:23 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Burrow threw the ball directly into the ground, as he's known to do on broken screen plays. He just didn't get it close enough to Perine.

He also throws it at his the receiver's feet.  There's no way they can determine that being hit didn't change the trajectory to make it go straight into the ground instead of at Perine's feet.  That's why that clause is in the rule in the first place.  

Burrow has two guys on him.  One twisting him to the left and the other striking his arm.   The fact that Joe rifled the ball doesn't mean that it wasn't physically affected and knocked off target.  Burrow was just as "physically affected" in his throw as Mahomes.  The officials simply decided they knew what he was doing and ignored the rule. 

This is exactly where much of the NFL "bias" comes from.  Officials who make calls based on what they think rather than what they see.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 02:23 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Burrow threw the ball directly into the ground, as he's known to do on broken screen plays. He just didn't get it close enough to Perine.

The ball was not thrown directly into the ground. And perine was 5 yards away.  I honestly don't know if the rules give a yardage definition for what intentional grounding is, but if it's 5 yards, then they absolutely missed a few hundred intentional grounding calls this year around the league.  

Edit: 5 yards away from where the ball landed
Reply/Quote
Rigged? I don't get into that.

The NFL has had an officiating problem for a long time, and that game was embarrassing. Sure, the Chiefs played great, but the Bengals were right there and that game should have gone to overtime. The officials killed drives and extended drives with nonsense.

Why are NFL refs all senior citizens? If a 35 year old can be a head coach, we can get some younger referees with all of their faculties intact.

SkyJudge needs to be implemented in some way. Heck, even the "purest" sport of baseball is going to robot umps to fix the mess that has been the biased strike zone.

Both games this weekend were horribly officated, as were so many during the regular season.
Reply/Quote
Maybe I'm crazy but I feel like the NFL should encourage refs to not throw a flag at the end of the game that basically causes a loss. Sure they can fine the hell out of the perpetrator but its so frustrating to lose a game off of a foul that pretty much did nothing to change a play.

Makes it worse seeing the bad holding going on during the same exact play. Or the no call on Burrow the previous drive.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 03:21 AM)Trademark Wrote: The league is clearly rigged. Who won the SB after 9/11? The Patriots, who won after Hurricane Katrina happened? The Saints, Peyton's last season, the Broncos, Ray Lewis' last season, the Ravens, now they are hyping up the fact it's the first time two black QB's are facing each other in the SB. Also Andy Reid is facing his old team and the Kelce brothers are facing each other, the NFL is scripted entertainment

Don't forget Jerome Bettis' final season... the Stealers won the SB as a #6 seed.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 01:54 AM)Roland Wrote: Why?  Burrow was also hit in his throwing motion.  Basically the officials decided that they knew his intent and ignored this aspect of the rule.

Because Burrow's pass was much more obvious as a grounding. He pegged it into the ground five yards behind the LOS. His arm wasn't even angled forward like he was trying to get it downfield. Mahomes's was, it was an obvious attempt downfield but he had a defender straight into his chest that affected him. Basically, Mahomes was trying to throw the ball down field whereas Joe was intentionally throwing the ball away to avoid a sack. Joe does this often and it is normally no issue because he gets it close enough. That time, he didn't and the contact wasn't severe enough to avoid the flag. 

Off-topic and not directed at you specifically, but the thing I hate the most about the loss is this miserable loser mentality of "the refs screwed us". I am sitting here arguing why a penalty wasn't called on the Chiefs, but not because I like the Chiefs, because I think it was a reasonable call. When Joe did it, I mentioned to my wife "shit that's going to be grounding" and was surprised when a flag wasn't thrown immediately. I don't think this is a controversial call. There are two calls that I really question, and that is Hilton's PI and the block-in-the-back no call on the final punt return. I think both of those were missed. 
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 10:46 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: ... There are two calls that I really question, and that is Hilton's PI and the block-in-the-back no call on the final punt return. I think both of those were missed. 

The refs also ignored a late hit on Burrow.
Reply/Quote

Why did the NFL script the bengals to make the Super Bowl last year?

The Bills were the darlings of the NFL, the replay of last year's Bills/KC ‘greatest game ever' was supposed to happen this past Sunday in Atlanta. Why script the Bengals in that game instead of the Bills? Makes no sense. Still could have has KC win and the Super Bowl you’re saying is scripted happen. Even with the Bengals dominance, it would have taken just 2 properly timed holding calls to make the Bills Bengals game 13-13 with the Bills driving late to win the game on a FG. That would be a much more entertaining game (for the general audience) than a blowout, right?
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 10:52 AM)Tomkat Wrote: The refs also ignored a late hit on Burrow.

That one is also fair. The rule says something like "a hit where the defender clearly knew the ball had left". The hit was violent, but was well after the fact. I would have expected that to be called as well. 
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 03:54 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: The ball was not thrown directly into the ground. And perine was 5 yards away.  I honestly don't know if the rules give a yardage definition for what intentional grounding is, but if it's 5 yards, then they absolutely missed a few hundred intentional grounding calls this year around the league.  

Edit: 5 yards away from where the ball landed

It wasn't even close to back to the line of scrimmage. I watched this one over and it was ig.
Reply/Quote
I watched some stuff on youtube...Pat McAfee, etc. They said the Eagles and 49ers was reffed atrocious too.

They don't think the nfl is rigged. They felt refs are just terrible.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 10:59 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I watched some stuff on youtube...Pat McAfee, etc. They said the Eagles and 49ers was reffed atrocious too.

They don't think the nfl is rigged. They felt refs are just terrible.

Yes, Philly/SF was a shit show too. I think a part of the problem is the "all star" crews they assemble. I think they'd be better served to keep the regular season crews intact, and send the highest graded crews to the postseason instead of highest graded individual officials.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:47 PM)Alice Wrote: Did you express this opinion in support of the Saints in 2018?

I did.....that was awful.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 03:28 AM)Roland Wrote: He also throws it at his the receiver's feet.  There's no way they can determine that being hit didn't change the trajectory to make it go straight into the ground instead of at Perine's feet.  That's why that clause is in the rule in the first place.  

Burrow has two guys on him.  One twisting him to the left and the other striking his arm.   The fact that Joe rifled the ball doesn't mean that it wasn't physically affected and knocked off target.  Burrow was just as "physically affected" in his throw as Mahomes.  The officials simply decided they knew what he was doing and ignored the rule. 

This is exactly where much of the NFL "bias" comes from.  Officials who make calls based on what they think rather than what they see.

I was able to watch that play and say to myself, "shit, that could be grounding", knowing with 100% certainty that Joe was throwing the ball into the ground to avoid a sack, knowing Perine was around the area. Joe just did a poor job by throwing the ball straight down and not getting it closer to Perine. 

Reply/Quote
It's not rigged Ossai lost us the game. We may have lost it in OT anyway but it was Ossai. Home teams get away with more way its always been unless you go full ****** like Burfict.
Reply/Quote

By that logic, the Jets or Giants should have won after 9/11. The Saints won the Superbowl in 2010, Why not 2006 the year after Katrina?

For the Ray Lewis SB, Joe Flacco played out of his mind in his contract year.

The NFL is not scripted, there is too much media with too much time to fill. All they do is look for stories. What else are these outlets supposed to do between games? 
Reply/Quote