13 29.55%
22.73%
10 22.73%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Schedule Release
(05-07-2024, 09:00 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: It was better being shit and all our games starting at 6pm Sunday evening LOL

That was one of the bright spots of the '90s:  the scheduling consistency. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
We're a top five team in some rankings but most don't have us outside of the top ten, but we still won't get many just because the NFL loves the Steelers and Ravens, even though this site says we had the most TV viewers in the division last year.

We were still 17th in league-wide viewers, so I doubt the schedule makers do us any favors.

If they were smart, they'd absolutely give us more primetime games because, once Burrow has some protection and starts putting up big numbers and wins, he'll get a lot of new fans, as will the team.

We're only behind the Ravens in Super Bowl odds, so maybe they'll take notes from Vegas and realize that we'll have a lot of people interested in our team once we start winning games.

I voted three but I'm thinking maybe the schedule makers take their heads out of their asses and give out games based on what will be the best games and what teams will be successful.

I still don't think we'll get the Ravens or Steelers in primetime because the NFL won't want to see them lose on the big stage, but maybe times are changing.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2024, 01:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We're a top five team in some rankings but most don't have us outside of the top ten, but we still won't get many just because the NFL loves the Steelers and Ravens, even though this site says we had the most TV viewers in the division last year.

We were still 17th in league-wide viewers, so I doubt the schedule makers do us any favors.

If they were smart, they'd absolutely give us more primetime games because, once Burrow has some protection and starts putting up big numbers and wins, he'll get a lot of new fans, as will the team.

We're only behind the Ravens in Super Bowl odds, so maybe they'll take notes from Vegas and realize that we'll have a lot of people interested in our team once we start winning games.

I voted three but I'm thinking maybe the schedule makers take their heads out of their asses and give out games based on what will be the best games and what teams will be successful.

I still don't think we'll get the Ravens or Steelers in primetime because the NFL won't want to see them lose on the big stage, but maybe times are changing.

Didn't we have a prime time game removed after Burrow was hurt? Wouldn't that knock down our viewership in 2023? Wouldn't Burrow getting hurt cost of viewers in 2023?

My point is 17th is actually very good when you factor in the loss of a beloved QB nationally.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
PFF thinks that the Ravens could open up at home on Sunday night with us as one of the possible oppponents.

It says the Orioles have changed their start time to earlier in the day, which why would they do that if the Ravens weren't going to play that night?

It also notes that they could have switched because of their new deal with Roku.

The other possible opponents for the Ravens are Bills, Broncos, Browns, Commanders, Raiders, and Steelers.

With the Browns and Steelers looking like they'll be middle-of-the-pack, at best, it would make for a very entertaining game that would draw lots of fans since it could be a preview of the AFCC game.

They could also have us open up their and play week 18 in the Jungle and that would be pretty epic.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2024, 01:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Didn't we have a prime time game removed after Burrow was hurt? Wouldn't that knock down our viewership in 2023? Wouldn't Burrow getting hurt cost of viewers in 2023?

My point is 17th is actually very good when you factor in the loss of a beloved QB nationally.

Good point. 

Hopefully that means our fan base is growing!
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2024, 12:27 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That was one of the bright spots of the '90s:  the scheduling consistency. 

As a STH, I've come to appreciate 1pm Sunday games.  I can take my kid, it doesn't disrupt my schedule, and I don't have to miss work the next day.  Most prime time home games require some planning with both work and home commitments.  

I'm pretty happy to have 2-3 prime time per season.  
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 08:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Don't know how many primetime games, but...
Week 1: @Baltimore
Week 18: Browns

Ravens can't be home Week #1 due to the Orioles at home that same Sunday
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 09:31 PM)BengalsFanInNOKY Wrote: Ravens can't be home Week #1 due to the Orioles at home that same Sunday

They could alternate the times to make it work. I’m not looking up the schedule, but if it’s a 1p game, they could do SNF. Alternatively, if orioles don’t play on Monday at home, MNF.

You are likely right, but it could be done, if the nfl wants it.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 09:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: even when the bengals have joe burrow and go to consecutive afc title games, they get the minimum. Dont expect more until they outright win the super bowl. Then maybe they'll get 4

in 2023 the NFL gave Bengals 4 (rams, bills, ravens, jags) so that sinks your theory but after a down year last year, I think they will end with 3 this year
Reply/Quote
Ravens-Chiefs open the season on Sep 5

Since we play both, that is one weekend we know who we will not play.

Browns are rumored to be one of the Brazil teams opening weekend so if we open with a AFCN opponent it is the Steelers

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2024, 09:05 AM)pally Wrote: Ravens-Chiefs open the season on Sep 5

Since we play both, that is one weekend we know who we will not play.

Browns are rumored to be one of the Brazil teams opening weekend so if we open with a AFCN opponent it is the Steelers

Packers and the Eagles in Brazil not Browns

Reds away on 8th September so 95% likely to be at home to start

So it’s either
Steelers
Browns
Raiders
Broncos
New England
Redskins

Anyone of them is a winnable home opener to get us 1-0 even the Browns
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2024, 05:54 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Perhaps this is a year we don't open against an AFCN opponent. The previous SB winner usually opens the following season, and what better opening storyline for the year than "Three time SB Patty Mahomes goes up against possible Comeback Player of the Year Joe Burrow, giving us the matchup we DIDN'T get in 2023!"? I'm picking that as our opener and one of our PrimeTime games. Away, in Arrowhead.

I think we finish the season against the Stoolers.

I like it. Let's open up in Arrowhead please and beat them Chiefs down! Mellow

Then let's end the season in a high note with our backups beating the stoolpitt down. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 05:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Good point. 

Hopefully that means our fan base is growing!

Have to give some cred to Jake Browning. The team was still entertaining with him at QB and his girlfriend in the stands with her tighty whiteys.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2024, 01:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Have to give some cred to Jake Browning. The team was still entertaining with him at QB and his girlfriend in the stands with her tighty whiteys.

I agree but that could also mean that our viewership will rise even more with her not drawing viewership lol

Jake Browning did keep us decent to watch and hopefully that means that our viewership will rise even more with Burrow back and some people switching over to our game in hopes of seeing her lol.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2024, 10:25 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Packers and the Eagles in Brazil not Browns

So it’s either
Steelers
Browns
Raiders
Broncos
New England
Redskins

Steelers play the Falcons week 1
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2024, 10:25 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Packers and the Eagles in Brazil not Browns

So it’s either
Steelers
Browns
Raiders
Broncos
New England
Redskins

I think the Pats will be "On to Cincinnati" w/o Bill. The Trent Brown Bowl 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Cowboys @ Browns their first game.

Looking like a nice home opener if the Steelers play the Falcons.
Reply/Quote
Record prediction? Anyone?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Based on odds (week 2 and 3 being on the road) our first game is likely at home and guaranteed to be against either the Broncos, Raiders, Commanders, Pats. I can get down with that.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I just want Game 1 to also not be divisional.
Reply/Quote