Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
NFL is Rigged
(09-20-2016, 06:36 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: They'll let us pull out the occasional victory as long as it doesn't hurt their golden boys, but any game they deem significant is not going to go our way.  The last two games against Pitt are proof of that.

Officials have sucked since the beginning of time, not just against the Bengals. The only reason we lost last year was because of Hill. The reason we lose games and can't win in the playoffs is because the Bengals play with absolutely no passion until one of their players gets knocked out.

I know we as a society like to blame others for our (The Bengals) problems but at some point we have to stop blaming the refs for our own (The Bengals) ineptitude.
Reply/Quote
I've completely avoided reading up on the game and tuned out before the 4th quarter ended, but I've already decided to not buy a damned thing put out by the NFL and automatically assume that these games are rigged, ESPECIALLY games involving teams that have won more than a super bowl or two.
Steelers and Packets automatically get favorable calls so there's really only one recourse and that is to not hand over one red cent to the league or teams. Might watch the games, but commercials are automatically ignored and I'll be damned if I will ever buy anything to wear with anything even remotely connected to the NFL. It's rigged to favor teams that bring in the TV and advertising revenue and yes, believe it or not when you put on your Bengals jersey or hat or whatever you are directly giving the NFL free advertising. If they want me to be a walking billboard they can do what everyone else has to do, PAY ME TO do it. I'm not going to be a walking billboard for the NFL, Bengals or any other team unless they pay me to do it, ESPECIALLY when I know that the games are rigged.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 06:53 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I 100% agree. I don't know why they put that crew on our game. Weren't they the crew that screwed over a team in primetime last year?

Yes. And it's the same crew that had the infamous "non-catch" with Dez Bryant in the playoffs.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 08:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have one other that I didn't even think about until later.  The rookie TE, Brimgate?, that caught the first TD pass.  That looked a LOT like the Gresham TD against the ratbirds years ago where the ball squirted out when he hit the ground in the end zone and they ruled he didn't maintain possession through the act of catching the ball.  

That was a 1:00 PM game on Sunday November 20, 2011.  I was there watching the game with my cousins.  Gresham made that touch down right in front of me.  He clearly caught the ball as he entered the end zone.  I never understood why it wasn’t a touchdown.

The other things I remember about that game was that Ray Lewis was wearing a big black trench coat and he didn’t play because he was injured. But he still went through his crazy gyrations before the game.

I remember Pacman tackling Torey Smith by grabbing his hair and pulling him to the ground.  It seemed odd that it was a legal tackle while horse collar tackles are illegal.

The Ravens had a Ring of Honor ceremony that day.  I think it was for one of their retired kickers.

The other thing that I didn’t know until that game was that the Ravens have a fairly large musical band that takes up a chunk of prime seats in the stadium.
Reply/Quote
There are definitely teams that the league favors. Watch ANY show on the NFL network and you can see that. Just by the amount of coverage a given team gets.
Reply/Quote
As asked on http://www.thefixisin.net , Would you leave a multi BILLION dollar business up to chance? 
Ask yourself why exactly are certain players that are just so-so paid multi million dollar contracts? Is it because they're better than guys with much better stats and who make more tackles and score more touchdowns? It's scripted entertainment and part of the script is made up controversy and "blown calls". I'm pretty sure that major injuries often are scripted so certain players will miss entire seasons only to return the following season to play twice as good as the previous season before the alleged injuries. After all,  how many of you have actually seen the so called surgery that would allow someone to heal so well, so quickly that it could hold up to being battered around by 300 pound men for several years? I've had surgery, minor stuff and even that doesn't heal up enough for that type of punishment. 
I'm not buying it anymore.  I'll still hope that the Bengals win and I'll watch games, but when I watch I do so with the same skeptical eye that watches the movies that are scripted and nobody really gets hurt. 
Reply/Quote
The only small market team that catches any breaks is the packers - and even they don't catch many breaks. Yup - rigged!
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 01:53 PM)BengalD Wrote: The only small market team that catches any breaks is the packers - and even they don't catch many breaks.  Yup - rigged!

They catch breaks because of their legacy, same with Pittsburgh. People like any team that has a history of championships...even if most of those championships came over 25 years ago.

Now, a small market team without previous championships can definitely do really well and even win it all, but it's going to take said team to play near perfection to accomplish that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote