Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NFLN Top 10 Players 2022
Man, OBJ's old, injured, doesn't have a team and wasn't on the list last year. Putting him at 90 is nuts. Esp with CeeDee at 95.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 11:41 PM)tms Wrote: Man, OBJ's old, injured, doesn't have a team and wasn't on the list last year. Putting him at 90 is nuts. Esp with CeeDee at 95.

OBJ better than Pitts and Lamb? Guess we’re time traveling now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Damn, Z Martin at 68! Less and less likely that Carman's on the list this year :p
Reply/Quote
OBJ shouldn't be a Top 30 WR...let alone 90th best player in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 10:51 PM)tms Wrote: It means zilch but I've always enjoyed this list. I'll say Joe comes in at #10 (QB4) this year. I'll give Ja'Marr #19 (WR4). I think Bates'll be the odd man out, just doesn't have the #'s. He didn't even make the PB... granted neither did Joe, but at least he was Comeback POY. Bates is a tougher case to make and they'll just pick someone else imo.

I'm changing my mind. The first 40 have been populated by safeties with still a bunch on the board, including Derwin, M-Will and Byard. Bates'll get named too. 
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 09:27 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Underrated not mentioned Logan Wilson he was a big help in playoffs

Agree 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
OBJ is popular, and young guys look up to him

Weird, but, that clown has a bunch of fans. New York media still loves him too
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 04:54 PM)pally Wrote: Tonight the NFLN starts announcing their top 100 players of 2022

Last season, the Bengals had 2 players on the list

83  Trey Hendrickson  
90  Jessie Bates

This season I predict they will be joined by

locks:

Ja'Marr Chase  
Joe Burrow

Good Shot
Joe Mixon

Long Shot but deserves it

DJ Reader

What do you think?

If Tee Higgins takes another step and stays healthy all season, I could see him cracking the top 100.  He was amazing in the playoffs and was fighting an injury.  Plus, everyone seems to be commenting on how big he looks this season, some swearing he is taller.  

And I agree with yours.  Reader belongs there and since it is voted on by players (I believe?) then he has a shot.  
Reply/Quote
Trey Hendrickson was better in 2022 but dropped 5 spots. Brian Burns who wasnt as good was rated higher...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 07:58 AM)Synric Wrote: Trey Hendrickson was better in 2022 but dropped 5 spots. Brian Burns who wasnt as good was rated higher...

former teammate Cam Jordan agrees with you on Trey

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 11:15 PM)pally Wrote: Cardinals RB James Conner clocked in at 80.  Joe Mixon has got to be in the list.  He is generally considered to be ranked higher than Conner

WTF

I have never considered Conner to be even close to top 100.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 10:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Never would have guessed Mac Jones in the top 100. 

East/West coast media bias type of thing?
Reply/Quote
This top 100 list is pretty trash so far.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 09:47 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: East/West coast media bias type of thing?

players vote....some do it with thought, some do it slapdash, some just vote for teammates and friends, and most ignore it.  

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 10:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Never would have guessed Mac Jones in the top 100. 

And above Kyle Pitts, no less.
Pitts was one of only 3 TEs to get 1000+ receiving yards last year, and he did it as a rookie.
Very, very few rookies at TE reach that milestone.
He had the highest YPC for TEs with 10+ targets. 15.1.

Meanwhile, Mac Jones was...
15th in passer rating
17th in passing YPG
13th in passing yards
14th in pass TDs
8th in completion percentage (behind Tua actually)

I'm sorry, but middle-of-the-pack at the position doesn't seem worthy of Top 100 amongst all NFL players to me.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 09:47 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: East/West coast media bias type of thing?

I'm going with sippy tit. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 10:54 AM)ochocincos Wrote: And above Kyle Pitts, no less.
Pitts was one of only 3 TEs to get 1000+ receiving yards last year, and he did it as a rookie.
Very, very few rookies at TE reach that milestone.
He had the highest YPC for TEs with 10+ targets. 15.1.

Meanwhile, Mac Jones was...
15th in passer rating
17th in passing YPG
13th in passing yards
14th in pass TDs
8th in completion percentage (behind Tua actually)

I'm sorry, but middle-of-the-pack at the position doesn't seem worthy of Top 100 amongst all NFL players to me.

There's a whole lotta questionable and just bad picks on this list so far. The funny thing is, it's done by the players. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 11:17 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There's a whole lotta questionable and just bad picks on this list so far. The funny thing is, it's done by the players. 

They pay them to catch footballs, throw footballs, tackle and block. They don't pay them for their critical thinking skills.
Reply/Quote
I can think of at least 18 Bengals maybe more better than Cordarrell Patterson of the Falcons
Reply/Quote
Justin Herbert is #40...since we know JoeyB will be on the list, NFL players believe he is better than Herbert

Reply/Quote