Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NFLN Top 10 Players 2022
Burrow just narrowly missing the top 20 at 21. Not bad for his 1st full season.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I don’t think guys like D Henry are better than him but it looks like he’s going to be ranked higher. I know the usual 4 QBs will be in the top 20 along with the 2 Rams, D Adams and Watt from the Steelers. Myles Garrett and Justin Jefferson have to be on there, too.
Trying to remember the other obvious ones. Kelce and maybe Williams the Tackle?

I don’t think Tyreek Hill has been on the list yet either.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 01:09 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I don’t think guys like D Henry are better than him but it looks like he’s going to be ranked higher. I know the usual 4 QBs will be in the top 20 along with the 2 Rams, D Adams and Watt from the Steelers. Myles Garrett and Justin Jefferson have to be on there, too.
Trying to remember the other obvious ones. Kelce and maybe Williams the Tackle?

I believe the WR’s in front of Chase are:

Adams
Kupp
Jefferson
Tyreek
Deebo

And the QB’s in front of Burrow:

Brady
Mahomes
Rodgers
Allen

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 01:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I believe the WR’s in front of Chase are:

Adams
Kupp
Jefferson
Tyreek
Deebo

And the QB’s in front of Burrow:

Brady
Mahomes
Rodgers
Allen

Add Russell Wilson to the QB list

Plus add these guys to the top 20
Derrick Henry
Jonathan Taylor
Trent Williams
Travis Kelce
Myles Garrett
Micah Parsons
Aaron Donald
TJ Watt
Jalen Ramsey

Can’t think of who the last one could be. It of course will be someone obvious that I should have known…maybe AJ Brown?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 02:01 AM)pally Wrote: Add Russell Wilson to the QB list

Plus add these guys to the top 20
Derrick Henry
Jonathan Taylor
Trent Williams
Travis Kelce
Myles Garrett
Micah Parsons
Aaron Donald
TJ Watt
Jalen Ramsey

Can’t think of who the last one could be. It of course will be someone obvious that I should have known…maybe AJ Brown?

Russell Wilson was #61.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 03:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Russell Wilson was #61.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Darn…missed him when I looked through the list. Now I have to come up with another for the top 20.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 06:43 PM)pally Wrote: #38 JOE MIXON!!!

narrator comment....the FIRST of the Bengal triplets to be on the list

I like Mixon a lot but I am surprised he is ranked this high.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 01:00 AM)basballguy Wrote: So they are saying there are 20 players in the NFL that are better than every single Bengal?  Ya ok

Longevity and consistency also come into play with these rankings. Burrow and Chase both only really have 1 year. I bet if they do this for another 2-3 years (or maybe even just this year) they're both top 10 or top 15. 
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 01:09 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I don’t think guys like D Henry are better than him but it looks like he’s going to be ranked higher.  I know the usual 4 QBs will be in the top 20 along with the 2 Rams, D Adams and Watt from the Steelers. Myles Garrett and Justin Jefferson have to be on there, too.
Trying to remember the other obvious ones.  Kelce and maybe Williams the Tackle?

That's a toss up. Henry is a 2000 yard rusher and one of the most dominant running backs the league has ever seen.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 01:00 AM)basballguy Wrote: So they are saying there are 20 players in the NFL that are better than every single Bengal?  Ya ok

That's what they are saying, yes.

Here are some guys who they very likely have above them:
- Mahomes
- Josh Allen
- Brady
- Rodgers
- Adams
- Jefferson
- Kelce
- Henry
- Kupp
- Taylor
- Donald
- TJ Watt
- Ramsey
- Darius Leonard
- Myles Garrett
- Tyreek Hill
- Deebo Samuel

I wonder if there might be another couple DBs, maybe an OL or two.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 10:23 AM)ochocincos Wrote: That's what they are saying, yes.

Here are some guys who they very likely have above them:
- Mahomes
- Josh Allen
- Brady
- Rodgers
- Adams
- Jefferson
- Kelce
- Henry
- Kupp
- Taylor
- Donald
- TJ Watt
- Ramsey
- Darius Leonard
- Myles Garrett
- Tyreek Hill
- Deebo Samuel

I wonder if there might be another couple DBs, maybe an OL or two.

JC Jackson.
Trent Williams

Edit: Micah Parsons hasn't been on the list yet so he must have made top 20.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 09:53 AM)AlphaBengal Wrote: That's a toss up. Henry is a 2000 yard rusher and one of the most dominant running backs the league has ever seen.

At 250 lbs Henry's top speed was measured greater than Ja'marr Chase's.

Dude is an absolute freak of nature.  One of the greatest athletes on the planet.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 11:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: At 250 lbs Henry's top speed was measured greater than Ja'marr Chase's.

Dude is an absolute freak of nature.  One of the greatest athletes on the planet.

Yeah he’s definitely a unicorn at the position. He was on pace to rewrite the record books as well last year before he got injured. And he played decently well against us in Nashville on one foot in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 11:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: At 250 lbs Henry's top speed was measured greater than Ja'marr Chase's.

He’s a great player I just don’t value the RB position as much. Last game I saw him in he was not the dominant player on the field. But I get it. He’s proven and has had a great career.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 12:02 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Yeah he’s definitely a unicorn at the position. He was on pace to rewrite the record books as well last year before he got injured. And he played decently well against us in Nashville on one foot in the playoffs.

There is a piece of my recollection missing, and maybe it was just the timing of things, but he actually wasn't on a record setting pace last season. At least, not for yards or TDs. He was on pace to absolutely shatter the carries record, though. He was headed towards a staggering 465 carries. However, at his efficiency, he would have "only" tallied 1,991 yards. He would have had 21 TDs. I am guessing the record setting pace is before he put on terrible performances in week 7 & 8, just looking at the data. 

Dude absolutely stunk it up in the postseason, there is no argument around that. With context of his foot injury, it is understandable, but he barely averaged three yards per carry on 20-ish carries. He was a shell of himself. 
Reply/Quote
The final 20 in alphabetical order. The player none of us thought of in the top is Colts LB Shaquille Leonard. If I were a betting person, I would place Aaron Donald at #1.

Reply/Quote
Cool with Burrow at 21 and Mixon and 38. I think if this OL plays good this year Mixon could really spring board up there.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 03:14 PM)pally Wrote: The final 20 in alphabetical order.  The player none of us thought of in the top is Colts LB Shaquille Leonard.  If I were a betting person, I would place Aaron Donald at #1.

Wait, did I miss where Chase was slotted?  If Ramsey is top 20 and got owned by Chase...
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 09:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Wait, did I miss where Chase was slotted?  If Ramsey is top 20 and got owned by Chase...

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 09:27 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Underrated not mentioned Logan Wilson he was a big help in playoffs

Agree but feel he will be overlooked this year. 

Betting he is definitely on next years list though

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote