Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NFLN Top 10 Players 2022
(08-26-2022, 10:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 24

Thanks Nicomo, as I was wondering the same thing as SHRacer. 

Still think Chase should be higher. He was a monster reason we got to the SB...

Jefferson is great but I think Chase is a touch better too just comparing the 2 LSU WR's.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 01:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks Nicomo, as I was wondering the same thing as SHRacer. 

Still think Chase should be higher. He was a monster reason we got to the SB...

Jefferson is great but I think Chase is a touch better too just comparing the 2 LSU WR's.

Agreed. And you can’t even say “but one year” because Parsons is in the top 20.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 01:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Agreed. And you can’t even say “but one year” because Parsons is in the top 20.

Exactly and Chase won ROTY over Parsons.

Need to be a little consistent in these things NFLN...
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 05:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Exactly and Chase won ROTY over Parsons.

Chase had more people to jump over than Parsons did

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 05:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Exactly and Chase won ROTY over Parsons.

Andrew Whitworth said on twitter very few players fill out the NFL Top 100 form and half of those don't fill it out correctly. He said hes seen people write 1 name down in all the spots or only players from the same college etc.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 07:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Andrew Whitworth said on twitter very few players fill out the NFL Top 100 form and half of those don't fill it out correctly. He said hes seen people write 1 name down in all the spots or only players from the same college etc.

Okay, take it with a grain of salt then...
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 07:20 PM)pally Wrote: Chase had more people to jump over than Parsons did

That is true.
Reply/Quote
Josh Allen at #13 is rather bizarro. I would have thought he would be in the top 5 but to not even be in the top 10 is strange

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 08:31 AM)pally Wrote: Josh Allen at #13 is rather bizarro.  I would have thought he would be in the top 5 but to not even be in the top 10 is strange

My guess would be because he regressed a little last year. His completion percentage went down 6%, had less yards, less touchdowns, and more interceptions. The Bill's also had a worse record than the year before.

He played great in the playoffs but regular season was spotty.
Reply/Quote

Don't they do an offensive ROTY and defensive ROTY? 
Reply/Quote
espn’s list is much different.
Mahomes #1
Brady was #1 on the players list but #20 on the espn “experts” list.
Chase at 14 but Burrow at 26 is interesting…
Hendrickson, Higgins and Bates all made their list but I don’t see Mixon on there unless I missed him somewhere.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34459811/nfl-rank-2022-predicting-top-100-players-stats-notes-quotes-league-best-including-patrick-mahomes-no-1
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 09:06 AM)TheFan Wrote: Don't they do an offensive ROTY and defensive ROTY? 

Chase won the Pepsi NFL Rookie of the year (the one we all voted for each week and for the year and in which Chase had to overcome the massive Dallas fanbase). 

As far as the AP Rookie of the Year, Chase won the Offensive Rookie of the Year and Parsons won the Defensive Rookie of the Year. 

As far as the Pro-Football Writers, the overall Rookie of the Year was Parsons, who was also their Defensive Rookie of the Year, while Chase was their Offensive Rookie of the Year.

As far as the Sporting News, Chase won their NFL Rookie of the Year award.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 09:02 AM)TheFan Wrote: My guess would be because he regressed a little last year. His completion percentage went down 6%, had less yards, less touchdowns, and more interceptions. The Bill's also had a worse record than the year before.

He played great in the playoffs but regular season was spotty.

Yep

And I'm getting on board with those that believe the Allen hype train has went a bit overboard with him. Is he a good QB ? sure Is he the all world QB he's been made out to be ???
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 09:06 AM)TheFan Wrote: Don't they do an offensive ROTY and defensive ROTY? 

Yes they do, sorry.

(08-29-2022, 11:36 AM)Nepa Wrote: Chase won the Pepsi NFL Rookie of the year (the one we all voted for each week and for the year and in which Chase had to overcome the massive Dallas fanbase). 

As far as the AP Rookie of the Year, Chase won the Offensive Rookie of the Year and Parsons won the Defensive Rookie of the Year. 

As far as the Pro-Football Writers, the overall Rookie of the Year was Parsons, who was also their Defensive Rookie of the Year, while Chase was their Offensive Rookie of the Year.

As far as the Sporting News, Chase won their NFL Rookie of the Year award.

All true hard to say with all of these awards lol
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 11:40 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

And I'm getting on board with those that believe the Allen hype train has went a bit overboard with him. Is he a good QB ? sure Is he the all world QB he's been made out to be ???

I agree.  He is big and strong and runs well.  I think that must be more important in fantasy football than it is in real life.

I am not saying Allen is not a good QB.  I just agree with bengalfan that he is getting a bit overhyped.
Reply/Quote