Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NK announces Closure Of Nuclear Test Site, Suspending Missile Tests
https://www.dailywire.com/news/29709/breaking-north-korea-announces-its-closing-down-ryan-saavedra

Ahead of the meeting with Trump. Looks like Trump admin has done a nice job, Pompeo meeting was a success.

If NK de-Nukes does Trump get legitimate consideration for a Nobel peace prize? He should get consideration despite European global elites hating him for the most part.

Quote:BREAKING: North Korea Announces Closure Of Nuclear Test Site, Suspending Missile Tests
Developing...

Ryan SaavedraApril 20, 2018

ED JONES/AFP/Getty Images
On Friday, North Korean leader Kim Jong-un announced that the nation is suspending missile and nuclear tests and is closing a nuclear test facility ahead of the anticipated meeting with President Donald Trump.

"From April 21, North Korea will stop nuclear tests and launches of intercontinental ballistic missiles," the Korean Central News Agency said, according to Yonhap News Agency. "The North will shut down a nuclear test site in the country's northern side to prove the vow to suspend nuclear test."

In response, Trump tweeted: "North Korea has agreed to suspend all Nuclear Tests and close up a major test site. This is very good news for North Korea and the World - big progress! Look forward to our Summit."

The announcement from North Korea comes after the recent revelation that CIA director and secretary of state nominee Mike Pompeo had visited North Korea over Easter and met with Kim.

In a tweet, Trump said that the meeting Between Pompeo and Kim went "very smoothly."

WATCH:

This is a breaking news story, refresh the page for updates.
Dunno about a peace prize, but I'm anxious to see how this goes. NK halting their program would go a long way to stabilizing that region. But I've got to wonder what we're offering. They aren't doing that for free.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
From what I understand, they aren't doing it because the U.S. wants it. They are doing it because they want a better relationship with China and South Korea.
Hopefully it goes through and isn't another ploy like we've seen from them in the past.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(04-21-2018, 12:09 AM)Benton Wrote: Dunno about a peace prize, but I'm anxious to see how this goes. NK halting their program would go a long way to stabilizing that region. But I've got to wonder what we're offering. They aren't doing that for free.

This would be huge if they can pull it off for the Region and the world. My concern is history tells us not to trust NK.

As for what to they get, they get massive sanctions lifted they are killing NK. I don;t think NK ever though Trump would get China to join in on any sanctions, but he did and that also was a big deal. We heard Trump will piss off China with a trade war, yet Trump seems to have China working closer with US on trade than they have in decades. We heard Trump will start a war with NK, yet he may be on the verge of peace which is a sharp contrast in a very short time.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
I'm no fan of Trump and a lot of his methods. But this could work out, and I hope it does. We'll see how it goes.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Maybe it just took a little bit of crazy to talk to crazy. If it happens I'll be happy, but as pointed out until it actually happens and is monitored for a couple years I am skeptical. Good win for Trump though.
As seen in most of the responses there are a lot of "ifs" in this so far.

NK has shown to be unreliable with their promises in the past.

I heard a story this morning that said part of the reasoning to stop the testing is NK may have HAD to stop because of damage to the mountain where they test too.

Trump might have fallen into a good thing here despite his lack of understanding on the issues and his, shall we say "colorful" style of communicating with other people.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-23-2018, 12:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: As seen in most of the responses there are a lot of "ifs" in this so far.

NK has shown to be unreliable with their promises in the past.

I heard a story this morning that said part of the reasoning to stop the testing is NK may have HAD to stop because of damage to the mountain where they test too.

Trump might have fallen into a good thing here despite his lack of understanding on the issues and his, shall we say "colorful" style of communicating with other people.

I love how people attack Trump acting as though they are more in tune with the issues than our POTUS who is surrounded by experts. His colorful way of telling people screw political correctness, I will tell you in layman's terms my thoughts seems to be working with China, NK, France, Japan and many others while critics like yourself fail to realize his communicating is getting results in DC and around the world which most can't and did not. Obama was a great speaker, but a lousy get it done President. Trump tells us what he is going to do and then he does it. Obama told me if how I could keep my doctors and save $2500 with Obama Care. He said it gracefully knowing it was a lie. I find it ironic Obama is never held to task for his massive lie that effected personally hundreds of millions of Americans.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(04-23-2018, 12:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I love how people attack Trump acting as though they are more in tune with the issues than our POTUS who is surrounded by experts. His colorful way of telling people screw political correctness, I will tell you in layman's terms my thoughts seems to be working with China, NK, France, Japan and many others while critics like yourself fail to realize his communicating is getting results in DC and around the world which most can't and did not. Obama was a great speaker, but a lousy get it done President. Trump tells us what he is going to do and then he does it. Obama told me if how I could keep my doctors and save $2500 with Obama Care. He said it gracefully knowing it was a lie. I find it ironic Obama is never held to task for his massive lie that effected personally hundreds of millions of Americans.

I love the knee jerk defense of Trump from people who claim to know more than everyone else too.   Smirk

Calling people names (Slimeball, Little rocketman, etc,) is not being non-pc...it's being childish and borish. If you would have read my post without the MAGA Glasses you would see that I mentioned the timing seems to have fallen in Trump's favor.  That's all.  Like Reagan with the Berlin Wall the natural progression lead to the person being there at the right time.

Nothing Trump said or did was different other than his inability to have an adult conversation in public.  He has not gotten anything "done" with NK other than make steps to legitimize a dictator by promising a meeting with him.  And NK has done nothing they have not done in the past with promises of denuclearization.   

The rest is moot to the conversation about NK, but I will say plenty of people took Obama to task for that.  My guess is you saw some people that did not so you think he didn't get enough heat for it.  That's your problem, nobody else's.
(04-23-2018, 01:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Like Reagan with the Berlin Wall the natural progression lead to the person being there at the right time.

Pshaw!  Reagan personally took down the Berlin Wall, George W Bush personally caused 9/11, Obama personally killed Osama Bin Laden, Trump personally saved us from nuclear war, and Trent Dilfer personally won SB XXXV!
(04-23-2018, 01:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Calling people names (Slimeball, Little rocketman, etc,) is not being non-pc...it's being childish and borish.

Technically, it's both. Just sayin'.  ThumbsUp
(04-23-2018, 12:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I love how people attack Trump acting as though they are more in tune with the issues than our POTUS who is surrounded by experts. His colorful way of telling people screw political correctness, I will tell you in layman's terms my thoughts seems to be working with China, NK, France, Japan and many others while critics like yourself fail to realize his communicating is getting results in DC and around the world which most can't and did not. Obama was a great speaker, but a lousy get it done President. Trump tells us what he is going to do and then he does it. Obama told me if how I could keep my doctors and save $2500 with Obama Care. He said it gracefully knowing it was a lie. I find it ironic Obama is never held to task for his massive lie that effected personally hundreds of millions of Americans.

Exactly.

Trump is playing hardball with a madman because he knows that "being diplomatic and peaceful" wouldn't work with a psycho like Kim Jung-un.  The media is so leftist and looking for any reason to hate on Trump that this isn't getting nearly enough coverage or praise as it should.

Trump may be unconventional, but he's doing a hell of a job as President: the economy is up, employment is up, North Korea is denuclearizing, etc.
(04-23-2018, 01:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Pshaw!  Reagan personally took down the Berlin Wall, George W Bush personally caused 9/11, Obama personally killed Osama Bin Laden, Trump personally saved us from nuclear war, and Trent Dilfer personally won SB XXXV!

He did!
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(04-23-2018, 02:17 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Technically, it's both. Just sayin'.  ThumbsUp

Whatever 

(04-23-2018, 02:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Exactly.

Trump is playing hardball with a madman because he knows that "being diplomatic and peaceful" wouldn't work with a psycho like Kim Jung-un.  The media is so leftist and looking for any reason to hate on Trump that this isn't getting nearly enough coverage or praise as it should.

Trump may be unconventional, but he's doing a hell of a job as President: the economy is up, employment is up, North Korea is denuclearizing, etc.

To be fair it's the only way Trump knows how to be.

It works well at a long table where you can fire half the people and not pay the rest...it works less well on a national or global scale.  I mean thee will be those who give him sole credit despite every bit of evidence to contrary, but it really isn't that way.
(04-23-2018, 02:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: I mean thee will be those who give him sole credit despite every bit of evidence to contrary, but it really isn't that way.

Apparently, that's what we do here in America. The president is the one that gets the credit and/or the blame for anything and everything that happens to the country regardless if the issue is even due to governmental policies.
(04-23-2018, 02:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Exactly.

But what is to stop NK from just nuking us as soon as we have a non-Trump president in the white house?  Who comes next?  Damn that 2-term limit.
(04-23-2018, 02:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Luvnit2 Wrote: I love how people attack Trump acting as though they are more in tune with the issues than our POTUS who is surrounded by experts. His colorful way of telling people screw political correctness, I will tell you in layman's terms my thoughts seems to be working with China, NK, France, Japan and many others while critics like yourself fail to realize his communicating is getting results in DC and around the world which most can't and did not. Obama was a great speaker, but a lousy get it done President. Trump tells us what he is going to do and then he does it. Obama told me if how I could keep my doctors and save $2500 with Obama Care. He said it gracefully knowing it was a lie. I find it ironic Obama is never held to task for his massive lie that effected personally hundreds of millions of Americans.

Exactly.

Trump does not listen to "experts."  He has been notoriously bad at picking advisors and bad at following their advice. The good to mediocre ones he has picked have been leaving. Hence the "chaos" White House.

If the news reports are correct. Kim has agreed to a moratorium on testing, now that his tests are finished.
He has not offered to "denuclearize." 

As far as a meeting with Kim goes, so far that favors him, not the US, and the heavy lifting so far has been done by South Korea. Our State Department is a shambles. We still don't have an ambassador to North Korea. 

But in Trump world all this Trump talk unleashes the Fox narrative of how trump "gets it done" while others couldn't or didn't.

Trump tells us what he is going to do--and then he tells us some more.  And you wonder why his "accomplishments" don't get more praise and coverage beyond FoxWorld.

PS Obama did not gracefully lie about health care.  He is not to blame if healthcare insurance is a for-profit business in the US. But millions are now covered who previously were not, and no one can be excluded from coverage because of pre-existing conditions.  That is why Obama is thanked rather than "held to task."
Trump took over a booming economy and threw gas on the fire with huge tax cuts. So it is still booming.

Other than that he has not accomplished anything. No immigration reform. No health care reform. No new trade deal with China or anyone else. No US corporations re-patriating those billions of dollars held in other countries.

All we got were some tax cuts when we did not need tax cuts.