Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NYJ DL Sheldon Richardson suspended for Bengals game
(07-05-2016, 09:16 PM)BengalChris Wrote: So sorry to hear about his meeting with the commissioner's gavel.

I guess laying out AB was three times as bad.

The commissioner's rational for suspensions is ridiculous. 1 game suspension for that crazy sht. 143 MPH alone should warrant more than that. Not to mention the gun(s) and possibility marijuana.

Reply/Quote
(07-04-2016, 06:16 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: He's been in the league since 2011... what's your point?

Talent around him
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2016, 06:21 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Carr was hurt week 1, and week 2 and 3 we were close to losing, week 4 we gave up a billion yards and 7 scores, week 5 we couldn't stop the run to save our lives and let the Seahawks score 14 points in the 3rd letting them take a huge lead, and we played good against the Bills. So, in all of those weeks we played good against the Raiders w/o their starting QB and the Bills w/o their starting QB.... I rest my case.

Carr wasn't hurt the entire game, and before he was...zero points.  On the road, opening week.

The defense didn't let the Seahawks score 14 points in the third quarter, the offense had a fumble returned for a TD.  And, although they did give up yards on the ground, they held Wilson to 212 yards passing and one TD.  

The Cheifs, who were scoring a lot at that point of the season, didn't get a single TD...all FGs.

As far as facing the Bills without their starting QB, the Bengals faced Cleveland twice after Burfict's return and their QBs were all backups.  They also faced a pathetically weak offense in the Rams and Flacco was out their second meeting so that goes both ways. 

I think your case is weak.   Tongue
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 07:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Carr wasn't hurt the entire game, and before he was...zero points.  On the road, opening week.

The defense didn't let the Seahawks score 14 points in the third quarter, the offense had a fumble returned for a TD.  And, although they did give up yards on the ground, they held Wilson to 212 yards passing and one TD.  

The Cheifs, who were scoring a lot at that point of the season, didn't get a single TD...all FGs.

As far as facing the Bills without their starting QB, the Bengals faced Cleveland twice after Burfict's return and their QBs were all backups.  They also faced a pathetically weak offense in the Rams and Flacco was out their second meeting so that goes both ways. 

All great points, reps. Cool
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2016, 05:50 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Lol, you think Bodine was the only one on Donald? They double teamed him that whole game.

Donald is able to play a higher % of snaps, which is another positive over Atkins. Donald has more stamina, probably due to Atkins having sickle cell anemia.

You are helping to prove my point. They doubled Atkins too and he still got his...

Donald played a higher amount of snaps and he is a wonderful DT, but that is why over the course of the year
Donald's stats were better across the board. It is not cause he is better than Atkins. Geno has sickle cell and
needs to be spelled but usually only in Denver for a large amount of time.

Geno has never had a problem anywhere besides Denver that i have ever seen.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2016, 05:50 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Lol, you think Bodine was the only one on Donald? They double teamed him that whole game.

Donald is able to play a higher % of snaps, which is another positive over Atkins. Donald has more stamina, probably due to Atkins having sickle cell anemia.

He absolutely does NOT have Sickle Cell Anemia.

Geno's better than Donald, period. Eat it and stop.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 02:42 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He absolutely does NOT have Sickle Cell Anemia.

I believe he has some condition related to SCA.  I'm not sure it really manifests except at high altitudes.  My guess is they rotated him to keep him fresh - especially the second year removed from his knee injury.

But I agree that he's better than Donald.   Just as quick and stronger.   I hope Billings turns out to be everything I'm hoping and that the two of them wreak havoc in the middle this year - especially in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
The Burfict suspension is a culmination of things. It's not his first time being in trouble. The next infraction, no matter how small, Burfict will probably get suspended for the year.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 02:42 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He absolutely does NOT have Sickle Cell Anemia.

(07-06-2016, 03:00 PM)3wt Wrote: I believe he has some condition related to SCA.  I'm not sure it really manifests except at high altitudes.  My guess is they rotated him to keep him fresh - especially the second year removed from his knee injury.

But I agree that he's better than Donald.   Just as quick and stronger.   I hope Billings turns out to be everything I'm hoping and that the two of them wreak havoc in the middle this year - especially in the playoffs.

Geno has sickle cell trait. He doesn't have the disease, but he does carry the gene. It's the same thing that Ryan Clark has. Geno is used in a rotation while playing in Denver so it doesn't affect him too much.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 03:00 PM)3wt Wrote: I believe he has some condition related to SCA.  I'm not sure it really manifests except at high altitudes.  My guess is they rotated him to keep him fresh - especially the second year removed from his knee injury.

(07-06-2016, 04:32 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Geno has sickle cell trait. He doesn't have the disease, but he does carry the gene. It's the same thing that Ryan Clark has. Geno is used in a rotation while playing in Denver so it doesn't affect him too much.

Exactly; we went over this in 2012, I believe, when we played Denver (it was in Cincinnati, but I still brought it up lol).

SCA is the actual disease that can be fatal to the 'nth degree.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 07:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Carr wasn't hurt the entire game, and before he was...zero points.  On the road, opening week.

Carr was hurt about middle of the 2nd quarter of the game, so it's not like he was in there long. Plus Carr was still getting used to his new rookie #1 receiver.

The defense still played like crap against the Seahawks. They let them stay on the field forever by letting them have about the same amount of rushing yards as what Wilson had through the air. The defense didn't play a good game against the Seahawks by any means.

They let Alex Smith have the most yards of his career against us. Letting him have almost 400 yards, and the run game had a little over 100 yards too. I don't think the defense stopped them from scoring once. Good thing our offense was going off at that point, or we would have lost.

The Bengals also played Arizona (who was the #1 offense), and Pittsburgh twice (who was the #3 offense). So, it's not like the Bengals had a cupcake schedule in the second half of the season.

The defense looked a lot worse before Burfict came back. It shows in the stats, and if you actually watch the game.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 06:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Talent around him

And Geno doesn't have talent around him? lol
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 01:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are helping to prove my point. They doubled Atkins too and he still got his...

Donald played a higher amount of snaps and he is a wonderful DT, but that is why over the course of the year
Donald's stats were better across the board. It is not cause he is better than Atkins. Geno has sickle cell and
needs to be spelled but usually only in Denver for a large amount of time.

Geno has never had a problem anywhere besides Denver that i have ever seen.

A DT having more stamina is a good thing not a bad thing... He was able to get a higher % of snaps played because he's able to. Atkins isn't able to stay on the field anywhere close to what Donald is able to. The stats are in favor of Donald being better. You provide nothing saying Atkins is better other than "I feel like he's better" and "That one game Atkins had better stats than him". Just because you feel like he's better doesn't make him better, just because Donald didn't play that well one game, and Atkins did isn't an argument. You have no real argument saying Atkins is better.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 05:12 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Carr was hurt about middle of the 2nd quarter of the game, so it's not like he was in there long. Plus Carr was still getting used to his new rookie #1 receiver.

The defense still played like crap against the Seahawks. They let them stay on the field forever by letting them have about the same amount of rushing yards as what Wilson had through the air. The defense didn't play a good game against the Seahawks by any means.

They let Alex Smith have the most yards of his career against us. Letting him have almost 400 yards, and the run game had a little over 100 yards too. I don't think the defense stopped them from scoring once. Good thing our offense was going off at that point, or we would have lost.

The Bengals also played Arizona (who was the #1 offense), and Pittsburgh twice (who was the #3 offense). So, it's not like the Bengals had a cupcake schedule in the second half of the season.

The defense looked a lot worse before Burfict came back. It shows in the stats, and if you actually watch the game.

Oh fiddlesticks.  Maybe if your boyfriend had some sort of combination of the Steel Curtain and the 85 Bears' defense he could throw less than 4 interceptions in a big game.

ZING!!!
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 10:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh fiddlesticks.  Maybe if your boyfriend had some sort of combination of the Steel Curtain and the 85 Bears' defense he could throw less than 4 interceptions in a big game.

ZING!!!

What are you even talking about
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 05:18 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: A DT having more stamina is a good thing not a bad thing... He was able to get a higher % of snaps played because he's able to. Atkins isn't able to stay on the field anywhere close to what Donald is able to. The stats are in favor of Donald being better. You provide nothing saying Atkins is better other than "I feel like he's better" and "That one game Atkins had better stats than him". Just because you feel like he's better doesn't make him better, just because Donald didn't play that well one game, and Atkins did isn't an argument. You have no real argument saying Atkins is better.

Our DL is used in more of a rotation than the Rams is. You saying that Donald having more chances and more snaps
doesn't equate to better stats is telling. I digress, i have a better argument than you and it seems pretty much everyone
agrees with me. Who could tell if Geno could of had another half a dozen sacks if he had more chances...

You definately have not proven that Donald is the better DT in this thread if that is what you are trying to do.

In the end it is just your opinion as it is mine that Geno is the better pass rushing DT.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2016, 02:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Our DL is used in more of a rotation than the Rams is. You saying that Donald having more chances and more snaps
doesn't equate to better stats is telling. I digress, i have a better argument than you and it seems pretty much everyone
agrees with me. Who could tell if Geno could of had another half a dozen sacks if he had more chances...

You definately have not proven that Donald is the better DT in this thread if that is what you are trying to do.

In the end it is just your opinion as it is mine that Geno is the better pass rushing DT.

lol, if Atkins was able to stay on the field he would. Donald is able to stay on the field longer because he has more stamina than Atkins. I don't see how anyone could think that being on the field longer is a negative. Only a homer would think that honestly. Why would you think that we would take Atkins off of the field? The only reason why anyone would do that is because he's tired, and they want him to stay fresh. You don't have a better argument. Your argument is "I just feel like he's better". My argument is "Look at the stat sheet".

The stat sheet has proven that Donald is a better DT. Geno has almost nothing better than Donald in the stat sheet.
Reply/Quote
Geno Atkins's play contributes to more wins than Donald's does.

Scoreboard!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2016, 05:44 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: lol, if Atkins was able to stay on the field he would. Donald is able to stay on the field longer because he has more stamina than Atkins. I don't see how anyone could think that being on the field longer is a negative. Only a homer would think that honestly. Why would you think that we would take Atkins off of the field? The only reason why anyone would do that is because he's tired, and they want him to stay fresh. You don't have a better argument. Your argument is "I just feel like he's better". My argument is "Look at the stat sheet".

The stat sheet has proven that Donald is a better DT. Geno has almost nothing better than Donald in the stat sheet.

I've seen my share of dumbass arguments on here, but that one is worth note..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2016, 11:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've seen my share of dumbass arguments on here, but that one is worth note..

Donald is on the field a higher % of defensive snaps. How does that not show he has more stamina than Atkins? Atkins is on the field ~75% of the time the defense is on the field, and Donald is on the field ~80% of the time.
Reply/Quote