Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name a movie that should not have had a sequel
(06-12-2015, 02:18 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Speaking of sequels one of the funniest movies you have probably not see is "Hamlet 2".

It is a parody of the old "high school teacher defies authority and motivates underachievers" movie.  Steve Coogan (a very underrated actor here in the United States) plays the drama teacher who wants to put on his musical "Hamlet 2".  Since every major character in Hamlet dies at the end, the story is about how Hamlet and Jesus Christ use a time machine to go back and save everyone.  It features the song "Rock me Sexy Jesus" and the best line is when Jesus says "If my dad finds out what I am doing he will crucify me."

The weird thing is that the ending is actually moving.  

It didn't win a lot of critical praise, but I really liked it.

This movie is awesome.  It's really worth seeking out.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 02:18 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Speaking of sequels one of the funniest movies you have probably not see is "Hamlet 2".

It is a parody of the old "high school teacher defies authority and motivates underachievers" movie.  Steve Coogan (a very underrated actor here in the United States) plays the drama teacher who wants to put on his musical "Hamlet 2".  Since every major character in Hamlet dies at the end, the story is about how Hamlet and Jesus Christ use a time machine to go back and save everyone.  It features the song "Rock me Sexy Jesus" and the best line is when Jesus says "If my dad finds out what I am doing he will crucify me."

The weird thing is that the ending is actually moving.  

It didn't win a lot of critical praise, but I really liked it.

I will give it a look...
Reply/Quote