Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naming Rights
The Bengals' recent deal with Kettering Health to be the team's health partner, included naming rights to the practice fields. Whether it includes naming the practice bubble itself is not public yet. Selling naming rights, is one way for the Bengals to raise cash. I don't see them renaming the stadium at least while Mike Brown is alive. I can picture however, one day, the team playing on P&G Field at Paul Brown Stadium

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 02:35 PM)pally Wrote: The Bengals' recent deal with Kettering Health to be the team's health partner, included naming rights to the practice fields.  Whether it includes naming the practice bubble itself is not public yet.  Selling naming rights, is one way for the Bengals to raise cash.  I don't see them renaming the stadium at least while Mike Brown is alive.  I can picture however, one day, the team playing on P&G Field at Paul Brown Stadium

Another move that gets me excited that we're becoming a modern franchise! 

They'd be stupid not to sell the naming rights to the practice bubble. 

While selling the naming rights to the stadium does sound smart, I actually kind of respect Mike for honoring his old man.

I have a friend pretty high up at P&G and that actually doesn't sound like it's too bad of an idea.

All these franchises that we were so far behind for so long have (in a lot of cases) hit their max while we're ascending as a team and then also as a franchise and a fanbase by evolving and picking up steam!

The future looks very bright!

I just hope we put that money (from selling the practice field) into improving the team with whatever they need.

Improving the stadium would also be nice but I think the county is doing that with something like 495 million.
Reply/Quote
Just make a statue of Paul Brown and put in front of PBS. There is really no need to cost the team Milliions of Dollars because of pride!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 02:35 PM)pally Wrote: The Bengals' recent deal with Kettering Health to be the team's health partner, included naming rights to the practice fields.  Whether it includes naming the practice bubble itself is not public yet.  Selling naming rights, is one way for the Bengals to raise cash.  I don't see them renaming the stadium at least while Mike Brown is alive.  I can picture however, one day, the team playing on P&G Field at Paul Brown Stadium

I would be fascinated to see who actually owns the stadium naming rights. The Bengals don't own the stadium so, could Hamilton County just rename it at some point?
Reply/Quote
Name the stadium after me and I'll pay em $50.. Beat that! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 03:50 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I would be fascinated to see who actually owns the stadium naming rights. The Bengals don't own the stadium so, could Hamilton County just rename it at some point?

Considering all the things that are in the lease with the county I'd be shocked if something as valuable as the naming rights were not explicitly addressed.   Given that the county didn't sell the naming rights around 2009 (huge sales tax decline from recession), I think it is safe to say the team owns those rights.  

Btw, this is one of the things that really gets Jerry Jones going.  He doesn't think the Bengals are really trying to max franchise value and one of the things he points at is the stadium naming rights.  Interesting perspective since most locally think Mike Brown only cares about maxing value; some of his peers don't think he's even trying.
Reply/Quote

I love the fact that its Paul Brown Stadium and is not sold out to highest bidder...hope it stays that way
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 04:16 PM)BRM13 Wrote: Considering all the things that are in the lease with the county I'd be shocked if something as valuable as the naming rights were not explicitly addressed.   Given that the county didn't sell the naming rights around 2009 (huge sales tax decline from recession), I think it is safe to say the team owns those rights.  

Btw, this is one of the things that really gets Jerry Jones going.  He doesn't think the Bengals are really trying to max franchise value and one of the things he points at is the stadium naming rights.  Interesting perspective since most locally think Mike Brown only cares about maxing value; some of his peers don't think he's even trying.

Googled it... The Bengals paid $5,000,000 for the naming rights long ago. Yikes Hamilton County!
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 04:51 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Googled it... The Bengals paid $5,000,000 for the naming rights long ago. Yikes Hamilton County!

people still saying yikes? oof
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 03:59 PM)grampahol Wrote: Name the stadium after me and I'll pay em $50.. Beat that! 

I don't care what you pay the team. I'm gonna beat it anyway. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 03:20 PM)J24 Wrote: Just make a statue of Paul Brown and put in front of PBS. There is really no need to cost the team Milliions of Dollars because of pride!

Well it is their money. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 05:14 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: people still saying yikes? oof

People are still saying oof? Sheesh.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 06:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: People are still saying oof? Sheesh.

People are still saying sheesh? Ouch. 
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 05:14 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: people still saying yikes? oof

LOL, yeah... that gets a "Yikes". The Browns stadium naming rights went to First Energy. The terms: 17 years $102 MILLION dollars

So, yeah, big ***** yikes to the top brass at Hamilton County for giving that to the Bengals for virtually free.
Reply/Quote
Mike should rename it to "Kiss my ass in Cleveland..You dumb bastards fired my dad and signed Watson Stadium" 
Or "Paul Brown's Ironic Revenge Stadium" 
Somewhere in Paulie heaven he has to be laughing his ass off about the Watson and Mayfield thing.. And to think we thought Mike being cheap was even half as dumb as Cleveland itself.. 

What team wouldn't want to visit Kiss my ass in Cleveland Stadium and announcers would love it.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Skyline Stadium has a nice ring to it.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 09:40 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Skyline Stadium has a nice ring to it.

As goofy as it would be to name the stadium after Skyline, I do really like that name. Sounds great. Are there any other stadiums or arenas named after fast food franchises?
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 06:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well it is their money. 

Yeah I know 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 11:35 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: As goofy as it would be to name the stadium after Skyline, I do really like that name. Sounds great. Are there any other stadiums or arenas named after fast food franchises?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoothie_King_Center

Lol
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2022, 12:31 AM)ATOTR Wrote: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoothie_King_Center

Lol

L O L. Alright, I hate that one. Doesn’t sound as nice as Skyline, but nice to know there is at least another arena somewhere.
Reply/Quote