Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's 2nd Mock of 2022...
K Green is dropping like rock. He is athletic and versatile so they must see something where he is losing value.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 01:07 PM)pulses Wrote: If you were going to draft a Guard in the 2nd Cole Strange has been moving up boards and would be a good pick there. Salyer has been slipping it seems. I've seen him in the 4th and 5th in some of the mocks i've seen lately.

I don't know much about Strange, what kind of Guard is he? Athletic? A Mauler?

I like Salyer cause he is a bit of both.

(04-22-2022, 01:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pretty good mock.  I might have liked to have seen a TE and Safety in there, somewhere.

Yeah, kept looking for one in there, just couldn't find one of value in this Mock.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 03:26 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: K Green is dropping like rock.  He is athletic and versatile so they must see something where he is losing value.

Yeah it is weird, I was seeing him in the late teens a couple months ago. Has to be something other than just the Combine...
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 03:26 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: K Green is dropping like rock.  He is athletic and versatile so they must see something where he is losing value.

His RAS was pretty bad (5.99), especially for being touted as an athletic guy.
Compare him to the likes of Ikem Ekwonu (8.51), Zion Johnson (9.75), Tyler Linderbaum (8.84), and Trevor Penning (9.95), and he's naturally going to fall due to concern over athleticism/explosion/strength.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 05:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't know much about Strange, what kind of Guard is he? Athletic? A Mauler?

Yeah, kept looking for one in there, just couldn't find one of value in this Mock.

Strange is better than Salyer IMO. Strange is atheltic with great hand usage and footwork and is perfect for wide zone blocking.31 reps of 225. He played mostly LG in college but played some LT too i believe. Took snaps at the senior bowl  at C and scouts were impressed there as well.  He's a late 2nd 3rd rounder right now. 6'5 307
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 06:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: His RAS was pretty bad (5.99), especially for being touted as an athletic guy.
Compare him to the likes of Ikem Ekwonu (8.51), Zion Johnson (9.75), Tyler Linderbaum (8.84), and Trevor Penning (9.95), and he's naturally going to fall due to concern over athleticism/explosion/strength.
Jonah WIlliam's RAS was in the 5's as well. 5.49 to be exact
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 06:23 PM)pulses Wrote: Jonah WIlliam's RAS was in the 5's as well. 5.49 to be exact

Yep. And there were concerns about his athletic ability then too. He was injured in the predraft process though, recovering from his shoulder injury.
Doesn't mean Green ISN'T athletic, just that there could be concerns.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 06:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep. And there were concerns about his athletic ability then too. He was injured in the predraft process though, recovering from his shoulder injury.
Doesn't mean Green ISN'T athletic, just that there could be concerns.

Green is very slow and doesn't have good feet for a wide zone scheme. Good player tho.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 06:41 PM)pulses Wrote: Green is very slow and doesn't have good feet for a wide zone scheme. Good player tho.

And it could come down to a similar situation as Linderbaum, but in a different way.
Green could be a better fit in some schemes compared to others, and thus could fall because of that.
Very good player who should be able to start and play well as a rookie with whoever takes him.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 06:17 PM)pulses Wrote: Strange is better than Salyer IMO. Strange is atheltic with great hand usage and footwork and is perfect for wide zone blocking.31 reps of 225. He played mostly LG in college but played some LT too i believe. Took snaps at the senior bowl  at C and scouts were impressed there as well.  He's a late 2nd 3rd rounder right now. 6'5 307

Absolutely on Strange.
Crazy athletic.
He will turn 24 before the start of the season though, so he's older.
He's also not as refined, and coming from a smaller school.
Salyer more of a mauler that's a better fit in a power scheme. Also better length and bigger than Strange.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I like to read the final comments on each player in the NFL.com draft section. Strange has a good one from an NFC scout.

"If you can find the tape, go watch him against South Carolina in 2018. He was probably about 285 pounds but that joker was getting after it against Javon Kinlaw, who was a lot bigger and stronger." -- Scouting director for NFC team
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 07:13 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I like to read the final comments on each player in the NFL.com draft section.  Strange has a good one from an NFC scout.

"If you can find the tape, go watch him against South Carolina in 2018. He was probably about 285 pounds but that joker was getting after it against Javon Kinlaw, who was a lot bigger and stronger." -- Scouting director for NFC team
I'd have no problem taking Strange in 2 or 3.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 05:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't know much about Strange, what kind of Guard is he? Athletic? A Mauler?

I'm not much of a fan of the PFF simulator.  It seems like their algorithm is written to put the user in a worst case scenario, most every single pick. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 09:18 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not much of a fan of the PFF simulator.  It seems like their algorithm is written to put the user in a worst case scenario, most every single pick. 

I tend to agree. When I use it for a Bengals mock draft teams in the first round never pick QBs. I get it, it is a weak draft class for QBs but literally every single known guy is there at 31 in the PFF mock. I doubt Willis and Pickett last until pick 31.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 09:18 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not much of a fan of the PFF simulator.  It seems like their algorithm is written to put the user in a worst case scenario, most every single pick. 

I've never had issues with PFF. Relatively speaking at least, compared to TDN and PFN,  they seem like the better/best. I always have a DB/OL/S available worthy of the 31st pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 11:23 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: I've never had issues with PFF. Relatively speaking at least, compared to TDN and PFN,  they seem like the better/best. I always have a DB/OL/S available worthy of the 31st pick.

PFF is way off this year having 2nd round guys at 244 and 193 and some others all over the place....
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 08:13 PM)pulses Wrote: PFF is way off this year having 2nd round guys at 244 and 193 and some others all over the place....

How much of that is actually off though? Projections are ALL over the place this year with this class. I've not seen many agree on a lot in this class for rankings.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 09:51 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I tend to agree. When I use it for a Bengals mock draft teams in the first round never pick QBs. I get it, it is a weak draft class for QBs but literally every single known guy is there at 31 in the PFF mock. I doubt Willis and Pickett last until pick 31.

Adjust the "Care for Positional Value" slider in the advanced settings.  
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 10:45 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: How much of that is actually off though? Projections are ALL over the place this year with this class. I've not seen many agree on a lot in this class for rankings.

Josh Paschal is a consensus 2nd or 3rd round guy not a 6th rounder......Parham is gonna be gone in the 2nd or 3rd and not in the 7th.....some are off ALOT
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 11:26 PM)Whatever Wrote: Adjust the "Care for Positional Value" slider in the advanced settings.  

Thank you for the tip.
Reply/Quote