Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nearly $70 million under the Cap has produced this underwhelming free agency period?
(03-13-2024, 11:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Now Bell on a team friendly deal. Our FA class is getting better quickly.

Yes sir, both were nice moves to say the least and we get Bell for practically nothing on vet minimum while Carolina pretty much pays lol
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 08:56 AM)BengalFanInCanada Wrote: This tread title starting to smell badly.

It’s almost like you need to wait until the FA period officially starts prior to crying like a baby.

lol
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 06:08 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yeah, it's kinda like an annual ritual. 

Some people are just going to whine when we don't sign every all pro out there, while they completely forget about having Burrow and Chase's contracts to pay for, and most likely Higgins'.
Reply/Quote
I don’t think we are doing too bad actually. More than I expected us to do in FA this year already. I like the Gesicki pick up, huge red zone target. I’m glad we got Bell back, might not be the same player but it will be nice to have better communication in the secondary. I agree with you on Moss, not impressed but not mad either. Mixon was highly overrated, Moss is still fairly young and a better blocker. We need to address the lines and get Reader back. All in all it’s really not that bad dude.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have trudged along fixing their issues prudently and methodically. They did that last year with Irv Smith & Nick Scott and struck out. They did it in ‘21 with success and Awouzie, Trey, and Hilton among others. We’ll see about ‘24.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 09:50 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I don’t think we are doing too bad actually. More than I expected us to do in FA this year already. I like the Gesicki pick up, huge red zone target. I’m glad we got Bell back, might not be the same player but it will be nice to have better communication in the secondary. I agree with you on Moss, not impressed but not mad either. Mixon was highly overrated, Moss is still fairly young and a better blocker. We need to address the lines and get Reader back. All in all it’s really not that bad dude.

I am glad we are making moves but with a nice balance financially but Im disappointed in Gesicki move if we don;t draft our future TE in this year draft, tired of the revolving door of TEs that have been on the down side year before..
Moss (26) vs Mixon (27) is lateral (outside of saving money) move, he adds to some areas but subtracts in other areas.another area where I want a RB in draft to compete.

The moves yesterday I am more happy with Rankins and Bell.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I am glad we are making moves but with a nice balance financially but Im  disappointed in Gesicki move if we don;t draft our future TE in this year draft, tired of the revolving door of TEs that have been on the down side year before..
Moss (26) vs Mixon (27) is lateral (outside of saving money) move, he adds to some areas but subtracts in other areas.another area where I want a RB in draft to compete.

The moves yesterday I am more happy with Rankins and Bell.

I have a funny feeling Gesicki is not the future TE. He already makes his living more in the slot and I think that is what Pitcher and Zac are envisioning. 
Reply/Quote
I don't judge the roster until camp ends and we're waiting for week 1.

The front office is doing well thus far.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:35 PM)Joelist Wrote: I have a funny feeling Gesicki is not the future TE. He already makes his living more in the slot and I think that is what Pitcher and Zac are envisioning. 

Well a good amount of TEs move out now to slot so not unique.. but he still is a TE not a WR.. no way to i think they signed him to replace Boyd.. and giving him a 1 year indicates that to me
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 08:56 AM)BengalFanInCanada Wrote: This tread title starting to smell badly.

It’s almost like you need to wait until the FA period officially starts prior to crying like a baby.

Blasphemy!
Reply/Quote
Last years FA fails set the "trust level" back when it came to the FO / Coaches.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I'm going to take glass half full approach. Maybe Jackson Carmen as a starter at RT would be better than Jonah. Don't spend on guys just to spend spend on quality not quantity.
Reply/Quote
The one great thing we have going is this team has all the leverage over Tee. There's nothing that says we can't trade him at just about any point and they'll still have the option to tag him again next season if his agent wants to play stupid. One thing Mike Brown is good for is holding leverage when the opportunity is there. He might be a bumbling old fool, but I wouldn't want to have to try to bluff him in poker holding 2s and 3s..  LOL
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 01:33 PM)Stewy Wrote: Blasphemy!

You tell him…I don’t know how you do it north of the border but down here you don’t wait - you overreact the second free agency starts.
Never too early to panic.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 01:50 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I'm going to take glass half full approach. Maybe Jackson Carmen as a starter at RT would be better than Jonah. Don't spend on guys just to spend spend on quality not quantity.

You say that now, and what happens if he sucks, like he has for the past 2-3 year, and he’s giving up 1 sack/game. A lot of people take the side of, wel let’s see how this player does with the starting job…

Once the season starts- we’re set. There’s no hero coming in to save the team. If we have awful d line, o line, or corners, too late. Our season is underway and we’re losing games. We’re in win now mode with Burrow being in the early year of his massive contract and Chase on rookie deal. Now is the time to win a chip.
Reply/Quote