Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Chili sponsor
(04-19-2023, 09:18 AM)higgy100 Wrote: If I see one more freakin' Skyline commercial where everybody at the table has a smile on their face like they just won the lottery I'm going to puke.

Apparently someone isn't feeling good and hungry... 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 11:08 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I only buy Coneys and I have an impeccable nose and palate: there is little to no distinction between the two in terms of flavour. They're both delicious.

Now, I never have (and never will) had a Way, so there may be a difference there, but Coneys are the same.

From a business standpoint, this is indeed the right way (no pun intended) to go.

If you can't taste the difference between goldstar and skyline...well I dont know what to tell you man. 

Goldstar doesnt have that magic "zest" that Skyline has....which I am pretty sure is just copius amounts of MSG and sodium. 
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 11:13 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Amen.  But turkey and bacon double decker was da bomb.  Almost a pound of bacon it seemed like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah the BLT&E is what i got from there....  and that sandwich is huge lol.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 11:28 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If you can't taste the difference between goldstar and skyline...well I dont know what to tell you man. 

Goldstar doesnt have that magic "zest" that Skyline has....which I am pretty sure is just copius amounts of MSG and sodium. 

i think its Cinnamon
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:40 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This is big news for us Cincinnati chili loyalists.  Hilarious

Who Dey & I miss living in the Cincinnati-area and not getting to eat Skyline when I want.

You and me both, brother. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 11:31 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i think its Cinnamon

Can't be. She's working at a different club, now.  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 11:31 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i think its Cinnamon

*cinnamon, MSG, and sodium. 
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But how do you feel about the Amazon mustache girl?

For some reason she always reminds me of Anthony Davis. Not sure why….
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:18 AM)higgy100 Wrote: If I see one more freakin' Skyline commercial where everybody at the table has a smile on their face like they just won the lottery I'm going to puke.

Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 11:23 AM)michaelsean Wrote: There's a difference in taste.  I like both, but have Skyline way more often.  And get yourself a 4 way.  Just pretend it's spaghetti with a meat sauce with more spices.  

There is a difference sure, but as I mentioned, it's negligible at best.

"Spaghetti and meat sauce..." yup, I'll gladly pay money to eat one of the dishes I've eaten the most in my life, that I've been sick of for over a decade and that is the sole cause of me disliking pasta LOL

Believe me, I've made the Skyline recipe from scratch, 4 times and I love it dearly. I'm not eating that on pasta when I make all of my pasta by hand.

Us Italians can be snobs :$
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 11:28 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If you can't taste the difference between goldstar and skyline...well I dont know what to tell you man. 

I can, but in a coney (for the 3rd time) it's negligible.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 11:50 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: There is a difference sure, but as I mentioned, it's negligible at best.

"Spaghetti and meat sauce..." yup, I'll gladly pay money to eat one of the dishes I've eaten the most in my life, that I've been sick of for over a decade and that is the sole cause of me disliking pasta LOL

Believe me, I've made the Skyline recipe from scratch, 4 times and I love it dearly. I'm not eating that on pasta when I make all of my pasta by hand.

You’re missing out.

I also grew up on homemade Italian food (my mom is 100%), but I absolutely love a good 3-way. Totally different thing.

Do you also refuse to eat any kind of Asian noodles?

Reply/Quote
When I visited Cincinnati and had Skyline, I was disappointed. We have something similar locally called Coney I-Lander and I thought it was way better.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:12 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Damn, and I was hoping that they were going to be bold, and make a move to BA brand chili. (And I'm not talking about Blue Ash..)

I know I'm going to regret asking, but what DO you mean by BA brand chili?  

And for the record, Camp Washington was (at least 50 years ago) the best chili in town for my money.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:32 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Coney crates were edible when you’re drunk at a game but overall Goldstar is nasty.

Glad they finally took their heads out of their asses!

Hopefully they replace it with Skyline but need something like coney crates!

Skyline/Gold Star is debatable and all subjective to taste. No one had their heads in their asses, this is business and who wants to pay to be the sponsor. Gold Star got outbid is all. Has nothing to do with which chili is better.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 12:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re missing out.

I also grew up on homemade Italian food (my mom is 100%), but I absolutely love a good 3-way. Totally different thing.

Do you also refuse to eat any kind of Asian noodles?

Nope, because they're not the same as Western pasta Wink

lol I don't REFUSE to eat it, I just won't choose to eat it, unless I'm in the mood or if I have no choice.

I'll eat 50 coneys before a way, mainly because I don't eat hot dogs at all and I love 'em, not to mention the chili dog is one of my favourite things to eat, Cincy Chili or traditional chili-wise ThumbsUp

Again, I've eaten so much pasta in my life, I'll only eat it if I choose to: I'm sick of the durum wheat noodle.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 12:26 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: When I visited Cincinnati and had Skyline, I was disappointed. We have something similar locally called Coney I-Lander and I thought it was way better.

Cincy chili is actually a Mediterranean Meat Stew, with cloves, cinnamon and other related spices: as a result, it is watery-ish and brown.

It isn't chili: it's just what it's called.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 12:54 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Cincy chili is actually a Mediterranean Meat Stew, with cloves, cinnamon and other related spices: as a result, it is watery-ish and brown.

It isn't chili: it's just what it's called.

Yeah, it wasn't the consistency that I am accustomed to. I like thicker, heartier chili (like our local place does) so I wasn't a huge fan. The cinnamon was okay, I didn't mind but I wasn't much of a fan otherwise. 
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 12:38 PM)3wt Wrote: I know I'm going to regret asking, but what DO you mean by BA brand chili?  

And for the record, Camp Washington was (at least 50 years ago) the best chili in town for my money.

Blazing Anus, of course.  Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 11:50 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: There is a difference sure, but as I mentioned, it's negligible at best.

It's Greek.  Practically the same flavor palate.   Ninja
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote