Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Coaches generally like to draft a QB...
(01-01-2019, 02:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We can't get DeShawn Watson.

QB is not a big need for this team.  that is why we will not take one in the first round.  Guys like Watson are RARE.

Of the 25 QBs drafted in the first round since we took dalton in 2011 only FIVE have a better career passer rating than Dalton.  Almost half (11 of 25) have a career passer rating in the 60's or 70's.

QB wasn't a big need for KC a couple years ago either, but they were forward thinking. 

You suggest 1st RD QB is a crao shoot, but assert we cannot get one equal to DeShaun Watson.Kid from tOSU might be something special and the kid from MIZZOU looked good with his arm and legs yesterday
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 04:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: QB wasn't a big need for KC a couple years ago either, but they were forward thinking. 

You suggest 1st RD QB is a crao shoot, but assert we cannot get one equal to DeShaun Watson.Kid from tOSU might be something special and the kid from MIZZOU looked good with his arm and legs yesterday

OMG!  You found another first round pick that worked out!

I never said NONE of them were any good.  There have been some great ones, but it is still a crap shoot.  Plus QB is not a great need.

We have some positions that are near the bottom of the league.  No one claims Dalton is near the bottom of the league.  We need to address the bigger problems first.  
Reply/Quote
I don't think there will be a QB worthy of our 1st rounder. Haskins will go in the 4-8 range. The Bengals won't do what it takes to trade up for him (plus I think he's going to be a bust).

As much as it sickens me to say it, the team needs to blow things up like the Browns. Trade away the old guys with value (AJ, Geno, Dunlap), keep drafting well, clear cap space, accumulate assets, and aim for 3-4 years from now with a QB on a rookie contract.
Reply/Quote
If the titans let Mariota go I'd sign em.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 08:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I remember just a few years ago everyone was complaining about Hue being "too cute" with all his different formations and multiple motions.  

"We need to forget all this complicated stuff.  To be a good team you have to line up and beat teams instead of trying to trick them".

I realize we were trying to make lemonade out of lemons and what not, but there was an amount of "Zampese will be cut out the cuteness and let Dalton control the offense more" optimism, to be sure.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 04:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: OMG!  You found another first round pick that worked out!

I never said NONE of them were any good.  There have been some great ones, but it is still a crap shoot.  Plus QB is not a great need.

We have some positions that are near the bottom of the league.  No one claims Dalton is near the bottom of the league.  We need to address the bigger problems first.  
Whether they want to claim it or not; Andy was 26 of 33 QBs in passer rating this year. He beat a journeyman, a couple guys that got benched, a couple rookies on terrible teams, and 1 new to the system. You may not consider near the bottom, but others may. 

WTS, I'm pretty sure you missed the point. You assert it's a crapshoot, but also assert there's no DeShawn Watson. 

If we get a new school offensive mind as HC and he wants to go QB, then  I support it 100%. I've already said I'm willing to roll with Andy; I just don't wear the blinders
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 05:53 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: If the titans let Mariota go I'd sign em.

Why would you do that?  Mariota has suffered a good bit of injuries, and is currently having nerve issues.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 04:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: OMG!  You found another first round pick that worked out!

For all we know Mike Brown might be done with the Dalton era.

He would never say that obviously.

Hiring a new coach and letting him make the change might put Brown in a better light.

I'm not saying I want Dalton gone.  Just a theory to throw out there.

I think whomever takes the HC should roll with Andy going into next season personally, and plan for the future replacement.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 09:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why would you do that?  Mariota has suffered a good bit of injuries, and is currently having nerve issues.

Yes he has, but we could sign him and have him sit behind Dalton to put heat on Andy and when we realize we have someone better we throw Mariota in the game and if Mariota still struggles with the injuries we can look toward the draft for a franchise qb. Or keep Andy as the backup..
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 11:50 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Yes he has, but we could sign him and have him sit behind Dalton to put heat on Andy and when we realize we have someone better we throw Mariota in the game and if Mariota still struggles with the injuries we can look toward the draft for a franchise qb. Or keep Andy as the backup..

So, you want to tie up starting QB money from the salary cap, to have Mariota sit the bench?  That makes little sense, especially on a team that really needs starting OL and LBs.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote