Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Defensive Coordinator Ideas
(01-03-2018, 10:29 PM)kevin Wrote: Is Mike Brown and Family really going to Step Off and let Marvin and Lasor hire coaches ?....I hope so....Defensive Coordinator. Running Backs coach. Offensive Line Coach. all other coaches....I hope people understand how critical these moves are, more so than the draft....more so than the draft.....I point to Patriots coaching to show that it all starts with the right coaches, and the right system....I'M HOPING Bengals put together a Super Bowl Coaching Staff. ...I fear Mike Brown and Tobin and these front office clunkers will decide to call all the shots and remain too many cooks stirring the pot. ...I would LOVE Mike Brown and Tobin to back off and let these coaches bring in their own coaches for the first time ever.

Mission failed with the resigning of Marvin. Can't win a SB if you can't win a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
Did Zimmer take any of our good D coaches to Minnesota with him ?....I ask because I really don't know.

Again, these coaching moves now are HUGE and decide Super Bowl or Toilet Bowl....The Great Teams have Great Coaches. ...and it all comes together in a great system...Very possible one of these coaches replaces Marvin if the system is winning games.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 10:58 PM)kevin Wrote: Did Zimmer take any of our good D coaches to Minnesota with him ?....I ask because I really don't know.

Again, these coaching moves now are HUGE and decide Super Bowl or Toilet Bowl....The Great Teams have Great Coaches. ...and it all comes together in a great system...Very possible one of these coaches replaces Marvin if the system is winning games.

Mike Zimmer tried unsuccessfully to take Paul Guenther with him to Minnesota.

I have a feeling Marvin is on the phone with his old Ravens buddy Jack Del Rio as we speak. I can’t imagine anyone not being stoked to come to Cincinnati and coach Geno Atkins, Vontaze Burfict, and William Jackson III.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 10:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Like Jack Del Rio, Steve Spagnuolo hasn’t had great success as a head coach.  It was the same with Dick LeBeau.  All three were studly defensive coordinators though.  The only former defensive coordinator who became a winning head coach is Marvin!

Wow, did not know that.

Kind of makes you wonder about hiring any DC for HC especially in the passing league this has become.

I know Rex did okay with those Jets. But still not a good HC either.

(01-03-2018, 10:51 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I bet it's gonna be..........................DC Paulie G

He ain't leaving.

Please no, i want Del Rio man. This would blow IMHO.

This year shown me what Paulie G could do and it was have his talented D get ran all over... Sad
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 11:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wow, did not know that.

Kind of makes you wonder about hiring any DC for HC especially in the passing league this has become.

I know Rex did okay with those Jets. But still not a good HC either.

Please no, i want Del Rio man. This would blow IMHO.

This year shown me what Paulie G could do and it was have his talented D get ran all over... Sad

Jack Del Rio coached Ray Lewis in Baltimore under Marvin. What do you think he could do with Vontaze Burfict?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 11:10 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Jack Del Rio coached Ray Lewis in Baltimore under Marvin.  What do you think he could do with Vontaze Burfict?

Could run him out of the league with the way they have it out for him lol

Still he would really help the Defense as a whole by just playing more aggressive and more man to man.

This is what this Defense is best at. Need some fire at DC, Paulie seems like a softy.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 11:03 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Zimmer tried unsuccessfully to take Paul Guenther with him to Minnesota.

I have a feeling Marvin is on the phone with his old Ravens buddy Jack Del Rio as we speak. I can’t imagine anyone not being stoked to come to Cincinnati and coach Geno Atkins, Vontaze Burfict, and William Jackson III.

And Dunlap. The DC job should be one of the more enticing jobs around the league.

Reply/Quote
Ray Horton
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 11:03 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Zimmer tried unsuccessfully to take Paul Guenther with him to Minnesota.

I have a feeling Marvin is on the phone with his old Ravens buddy Jack Del Rio as we speak.  I can’t imagine anyone not being stoked to come to Cincinnati and coach Geno Atkins, Vontaze Burfict, and William Jackson III.

Not to mention Dunlap & Lawson.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
It’s gotta be Jack Del Rio, right?

How else can this franchise reconcile the fans with re signing Marvin?

Letting PA go is one thing, considering they’ve retained the OC of the last rated offense. The only way they can save face is by bringing in someone like JDR to resurrect this defensive unit. It’s the logical & perfect fit.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Chuck Bresnahan
Reply/Quote
One of the reasons that Del Rio makes a lot of sense is because he's probably not going to be on anyones short list for HC anytime soon. He'd be here a good while and be able to build his defense. Hell, his next head coaching job could be succeeding Marvin in a few years.
Reply/Quote
While everyone is dreaming of JDR, if we go with the normal promote from within, Haslett gets the gig.
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:21 AM)SouthernStripes Wrote: While everyone is dreaming of JDR, if we go with the normal promote from within, Haslett gets the gig.

Haslett has let a lot of people down as DC in the past.

He was a terrible DC in DC.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 10:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Like Jack Del Rio, Steve Spagnuolo hasn’t had great success as a head coach.  It was the same with Dick LeBeau.  All three were studly defensive coordinators though.  The only former defensive coordinator who became a winning head coach is Marvin!

Belicheat was a defensive coordinator. He was also a special teams coach I believe.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:33 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Haslett has let a lot of people down as DC in the past.

He was a terrible DC in DC.

Trust me, I'm well aware of Haslett's track record.
As I mentioned above, I'm also aware of Mikey B's track record when it comes to hiring coaches. 
I'd love to bring in JDR or Spags. But I'm not getting my hopes up for someone outside the organization. 
Hopefully, when it comes to the DC, we're all pleasantly surprised like with Paul Alexander finally getting the boot.  :andy:
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 11:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ray Horton

good call.  I could definitely see that
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:45 AM)SouthernStripes Wrote: Trust me, I'm well aware of Haslett's track record.
As I mentioned above, I'm also aware of Mikey B's track record when it comes to hiring coaches. 
I'd love to bring in JDR or Spags. But I'm not getting my hopes up for someone outside the organization. 
Hopefully, when it comes to the DC, we're all pleasantly surprised like with Paul Alexander finally getting the boot.  :andy:

Thankfully PA did get the boot brother, great seeing you around. Rock On

(01-04-2018, 09:58 PM)bonesaw Wrote: good call.  I could definitely see that

Yep, Ray Horton is a good call and could definately see it happening. Like Del Rio more though.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:45 AM)SouthernStripes Wrote: Trust me, I'm well aware of Haslett's track record.

Getting rid of PA makes me think, hey, anything is possible.  When the seemingly impossible happens, the doors of possibility fly open and suddenly nothing is off the table.

And then you realize the more likely scenario is that PA is the sacrificial lamb, the scapegoat, the bone thrown to the paying public before they all run away and then it's back to business as usual.  

Eh, one or the other.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 10:35 PM)McC Wrote: Getting rid of PA makes me think, hey, anything is possible.  When the seemingly impossible happens, the doors of possibility fly open and suddenly nothing is off the table.

And then you realize the more likely scenario is that PA is the sacrificial lamb, the scapegoat, the bone thrown to the paying public before they all run away and then it's back to business as usual.  

Eh, one or the other.

Still, some hope. I will take it over hiring Guenther as HC and MB making him keep PA...
Reply/Quote