Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Defensive Coordinator Ideas
(01-04-2018, 10:35 PM)McC Wrote: Getting rid of PA makes me think, hey, anything is possible.  When the seemingly impossible happens, the doors of possibility fly open and suddenly nothing is off the table.

And then you realize the more likely scenario is that PA is the sacrificial lamb, the scapegoat, the bone thrown to the paying public before they all run away and then it's back to business as usual.  

Eh, one or the other.

Nah, the only problem is Mike Brown.  Just as it has been, and will be, until he ever retires or passes away.  His problem is that he loves too much, as my Spanish speaking friends like to say.  Once Mike likes and has trust in a person, it's there for life, or until another close to him pries it away.  Thanks Marv, sayonara Alexander.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 10:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nah, the only problem is Mike Brown.  Just as it has been, and will be, until he ever retires or passes away.  His problem is that he loves too much, as my Spanish speaking friends like to say.  Once Mike likes and has trust in a person, it's there for life, or until another close to him pries it away.  Thanks Marv, sayonara Alexander.

I guess Marv won the favorite son battle.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 10:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nah, the only problem is Mike Brown.  Just as it has been, and will be, until he ever retires or passes away.  His problem is that he loves too much, as my Spanish speaking friends like to say.  Once Mike likes and has trust in a person, it's there for life, or until another close to him pries it away.  Thanks Marv, sayonara Alexander.

It is pretty funny how some fellas in here act like MB is the guy behind the darkside, hell he even looks like the star wars
dude. But he honestly seems like a good person he just doesn't know what he is doing. I don't care what anybody says, a
winning team, especially a SB winning team would be better for him and for everyone in Cincy.

In the end i just hope MB understood this and that is why he moved on from his long time friend.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 10:49 PM)McC Wrote: I guess Marv won the favorite son battle.

In spite of us being stuck with Mediocre Marv, I'll still take new blood (Lazor) over stale blood (Alexander) any day, every day, just because.  Alexander has been an anchor weighing down this team, for years.  Good riddance!

Now, as far as DC goes, I'd most definitely like to see new blood, from outside the "tree" come in.  However, if it does happen to be Jack Del Rio, I would be just as pleased.  At least he knows how LBs are supposed to perform.  Under Pauly G. our LBs were lackluster, and now as DC he's taken a premier unit that was under Zimmer, and turned them into meme fodder.  We have too many talented veterans on this defense for that to be the case./

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Teryl Austin, currently with Detroit, is flying in tomorrow.

Thoughts on him at DC?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 10:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In spite of us being stuck with Mediocre Marv, I'll still take new blood (Lazor) over stale blood (Alexander) any day, every day, just because.  Alexander has been an anchor weighing down this team, for years.  Good riddance!

Now, as far as DC goes, I'd most definitely like to see new blood, from outside the "tree" come in.  However, if it does happen to be Jack Del Rio, I would be just as pleased.  At least he knows how LBs are supposed to perform.  Under Pauly G. our LBs were lackluster, and now as DC he's taken a premier unit that was under Zimmer, and turned them into meme fodder.  We have too many talented veterans on this defense for that to be the case./

Not a big Paulie G fan but I can't stop thinking that Marv had to much to do with the bend don't break.  Zim had the power to do what he wanted but Paulie didn't.  I think he'll be a lot different in his next job.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 11:00 PM)thillan Wrote: Teryl Austin, currently with Detroit, is flying in tomorrow.

Thoughts on him at DC?

Don't like him from what i saw of the Lions D this year. Maybe injuries had a lot to do with it?

Don't know why Del Rio is not the first dude Marv thought of replacing Paulie G.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 11:00 PM)thillan Wrote: Teryl Austin, currently with Detroit, is flying in tomorrow.

Thoughts on him at DC?

Teryl Austin is a solid candidate but he already interviewed to become the Lions’ head coach. I think it will be offered to him.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:21 AM)SouthernStripes Wrote: While everyone is dreaming of JDR, if we go with the normal promote from within, Haslett gets the gig.

Welcome back around!
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 11:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't like him from what i saw of the Lions D this year. Maybe injuries had a lot to do with it?

Don't know why Del Rio is not the first dude Marv thought of replacing Paulie G.

I’m sure he is. The two go way back.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 11:02 PM)McC Wrote: Not a big Paulie G fan but I can't stop thinking that Marv had to much to do with the bend don't break.  Zim had the power to do what he wanted but Paulie didn't.  I think he'll be a lot different in his next job.  

Could it have anything to do with Mike Z having the personality to command an army, and Paul G having the personality to lead the band.  
Just as with Paul Alexander.  You can have the best schemes ever, drawn out on paper.  But, if you can't get the personnel to execute those schemes, what good are you?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Thoughts on him at DC?

Not this guy. Please.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:34 AM)Synric Wrote: Belicheat was a defensive coordinator. He was also a special teams coach I believe.

There have been plenty. Belichick, Landry, Schottenheimer, Chuck Noll, Parcells, etc etc. 

Only some of the best HCs ever. 

Some of the shit that's said around here, man...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
A guy who should be in consideration is Mike Vrabel. The guy has all the traits I like to see in a coach and is a guy who could be groomed to be a replace HC of the future.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not jim caldwell, can you imagine him and Marvin on the sidelines? Neither one says a word during the game. They'd prolly be doing sign language with one another.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 11:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not this guy.  Please.

Yeah Austin stinks. I want Del Rio
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 04:27 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Not jim caldwell, can you imagine him and Marvin on the sidelines? Neither one says a word during the game. They'd prolly be doing sign language with one another.

LOL! My thoughts exactly!
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 10:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thankfully PA did get the boot brother, great seeing you around. Rock On

Yep, Ray Horton is a good call and could definately see it happening. Like Del Rio more though.

Not quite sure what Horton has accomplished other than leaving the Browns once and then getting fired by the Browns .. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Does Del Rio work cheap! The best DC in the world could come here, but, MB wouldn't pay enuff to keep him!
Reply/Quote
I'll throw in Greg Schiano (DC at Ohio State)

Reply/Quote