Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New NFL consideration for Bills-Bengals game and
playoff seeding....Random Number Generator.

If there is a situation in which declaring a no contest between Bengals and Bills that results in a seeding issue after Sunday's games - a random number will be drawn to determine a game to remove from KC's schedule to even out the number of games to 16 amongst the Bills, KC and Bengals..... thoughts?

Reply/Quote
I do suppose it could be in effect for the Ravens as well if we lose to them...? 

As to the #1 seed, if KC loses it impacts us tremendously, as well as the Bills.  If KC wins it only impacts the Bills, assuming they play and win Sunday.

Reply/Quote
I don't like the "IF" scenario here. "If there is a seeding issue." Let's be honest. There is already an issue. This wait and see approach is unprofessional by the NFL. Our approach against the Ravens changes knowing the outcome of last night's game, which was cut short to the unfortunate tragedy.

My suggestion since I've only offered my useless bickering? Since resuming the game seems demonizing to a lot of people, flip a damn coin. We're leaving it to chance regardless with a number generator... At least we know where we stand going in against Baltimore.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 01:40 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: I don't like the "IF" scenario here. "If there is a seeding issue." Let's be honest. There is already an issue. This wait and see approach is unprofessional by the NFL. Our approach against the Ravens changes knowing the outcome of last night's game, which was cut short to the unfortunate tragedy.

My suggestion since I've only offered my useless bickering? Since resuming the game seems demonizing to a lot of people, flip a damn coin. We're leaving it to chance regardless with a number generator... At least we know where we stand going in against Baltimore.

The NFL does not want teams to play any differently in their last game.  Play the games to win, afterwards see if there are any issues, subtract one game from any team involved in a conflict that has played 17 games, the winning percentage and tie breakers will determine seeding.  Very simple, no moving games, adding weeks, etc.

There is talk that Buffalo may forfeit this Sunday.  If so, and we win and KC loses, the Chiefs have an 80% chance of having to drop a win from their schedule and we are the #1 Seed.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 01:47 AM)casear2727 Wrote: The NFL does not want teams to play any differently in their last game.  Play the games to win, afterwards see if there are any issues, subtract one game from any team involved in a conflict that has played 17 games, the winning percentage and tie breakers will determine seeding.  Very simple, no moving games, adding weeks, etc.

There is talk that Buffalo may forfeit this Sunday.  If so, and we win and KC loses, the Chiefs have an 80% chance of having to drop a win from their schedule and we are the #1 Seed.

If Buffalo forfeits this Sunday, that lets the Patriots in, right?  I am sure Pitt and Miami would not like that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 01:47 AM)casear2727 Wrote: The NFL does not want teams to play any differently in their last game.  Play the games to win, afterwards see if there are any issues, subtract one game from any team involved in a conflict that has played 17 games, the winning percentage and tie breakers will determine seeding.  Very simple, no moving games, adding weeks, etc.

And that's their prerogative but that hands NE the final playoff spot and you would have to think the Dolphins and Steelers would throw a hell of a fit especially if either wins their Sunday Game.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 02:25 AM)Von Cichlid Wrote: If Buffalo forfeits this Sunday, that lets the Patriots in, right?  I am sure Pitt and Miami would not like that.

(01-04-2023, 02:27 AM)cinci4life Wrote: And that's their prerogative but that hands NE the final playoff spot and you would have to think the Dolphins and Steelers would throw a hell of a fit especially if either wins their Sunday Game.

I don't think the Bills give a hoot about Pitt or Miami, if their team isn't ready or doesn't want to play that is solely on the Bills to decide.

Reply/Quote
The only way that the game is played is if good news comes out about Hamlin, he's breathing on his own, he's going to survive, something like that. No game will be played untilnthere is good news about Hamlin
Reply/Quote
No matter what someone gets the short stick here. We were on our way to winning this one and overtaking the bills in seeding. Then if the chiefs lose we could get the top seed. But we would have probably ended up the 2 if the game was played.

That said, you can’t just assume the bengals would win, as the bills could have come back and cemented the top seed.

A tie helps the chiefs, and hurts us in terms of moving up the standings.

No matter what, someone gets the short end of the stick so it’s a tough call.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This weekend: KC LOSS, BUF WIN, CIN WIN... Bills #1, KC #2, Bengals #3 seeds. (Bengals possibly 'robbed' of #1 seed)
Playing the Bills/Bengals game could result in the Bengals getting the #1 seed. Bills don't want to play.

This weekend: KC WIN, BUF WIN, CIN WIN... KC #1, Bills #2, Bengals #3 seeds. (Bills possibly 'robbed' of #1 seed)
Playing the Bills/Bengals game could result in the Bills getting the #1 seed. Bengals don't need to play.

The NFL needs to decide before Saturday whether the Bills/Bengals game is being resumed.

Because without it being resumed,

Bills do not control their own destiny anymore to getting #1 seed - they need help from the Raiders. And if KC wins, Bills are #2, and have no reason to play vs. Patriots on Sunday, they can rest.

Bengals won the division against the Ravens. They have the #3 seed locked up regardless of the result on Sunday. Bengals can rest.

Both the Bills and Bengals will NOT rest their players if there is a resumption of the Bills/Bengals game in Week 19.
Reply/Quote
I will be very very surprised if the Bills forfeit this weekend.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 09:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I will be very very surprised if the Bills forfeit this weekend.

The Bills will not forfeit this weekend's game against the Patriots.

But if KC beats the Raiders, and the Bills/Bengals game won't be resumed, then the Bills will rest their starters this weekend.

If KC loses to the Raiders, and the Bills/Bengals game won't be resumed, the Bills will definitely play hard against the Patriots to try to get the #1 seed.
Reply/Quote
With all of these options being presented, I disagree with any of them that hurt us. Tie, no contest, etc. If it hurts our chances at the #2 seed in the very least, I don't think I'll be happy with that. Nor should any of you. We were the home team, and we were winning. Regardless of who could come back in that game. Shouldn't matter. Call me ruthless or careless, I know in my heart that I care for Damar and his loved ones more than this stupid ass game, but don't let these big wigs decide what's best for us for seeding, to hell with that ideology. This is a sport based off skill, not chance. Resume the game, move the playoffs up a week. We win, we win, we lose we lose. If we're stuck with the 3rd seed and have to play @ BUF and/or @ KC, most of you are going to look back at how we got robbed and be pissed. Especially if we lose @ BUF. Prayers for Damar regardless of any outcome with seeding. This stuff just works me up.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
They could just flip a weighted coin for the game and call it like that. At the time the game was called, the Bengals had a 57% win chance according to Joe Goodberry. That would be more realistic than just a random number generator.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 04:37 AM)WhoDeyNation9 Wrote: The only way that the game is played is if good news comes out about Hamlin, he's breathing on his own, he's going to survive, something like that. No game will be played untilnthere is good news about Hamlin

No, at some point they are going to say you have to play or forfeit. This young man may be in the hospital for a long time. Is the league supposed to cancel the rest of the season? It's easy to say no football until Hamlin is stable, but there are many factors involved. Everyone looks at the league and the million-dollar athletes, but there are also local businesses and stadium vendors, etc. that it affects.
Reply/Quote
uhhh lol no
Reply/Quote
I feel like the Bengals are really going to get the shaft here.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 10:04 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: They could just flip a weighted coin for the game and call it like that. At the time the game was called, the Bengals had a 57% win chance according to Joe Goodberry. That would be more realistic than just a random number generator.

I actually really like this. Generate the number randomly or somehow randomly determine the outcome with the Bengals having a 57% chance to win and the Bills having a 43% chance to win. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
This is honestly feeling like the game won't be played, and the Bengals just have to live with the third seed.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Random number generator randomly sucks.....

FFS, Roger Goodell needs to make a freakin' decision and let people know what is going to happen, good, bad or indifferent. This is not leadership. In 2001, the face of NASCAR died in a horrific crash, in front of the whole Daytona Motor Speedway and on National television. Outside of Richard Petty, no driver in NASCAR was better known or more beloved than Dale Earnhardt. 7 days later, the other drivers, including his relatives, fired their engines in North Carolina and went racing. The train keeps rolling. While we all wish the best for Hamlin, and according to his family this morning he is trending up, the NFL can't crawl into a cocoon and get into analysis paralysis. They are going to have to let teams know what the standings are and what is on the line this weekend. The longer this decision takes, the more people aren't going to like the results.
Reply/Quote