Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
New Uniform Reveal Today: I was there....
Just left the event and saw the new uniforms.... AMAZING!!!!! Couldn't be more thrilled and the Bengals went first class with the event. Everyone was so accommodating and nice. I had to sign an NDA and they made us put our phones in lockers, so I cannot give any serious details.

I was invited with literally less than an hour notice to when we had to be there for the event. My apologies that I couldn't take the 2 other members I had offered to if I was invited. I had very little notice, like, minutes, before we had to rush out the door.

I can't give any serious details, but I can say that everything is 1st class with them. Wildly excited for not just the new look, but the quality of the garment, the materials, how it wears, etc.They let us try them on, took our pics, fed us, etc.

My little boy and I were the very first fans they let see the jerseys, try them on, etc. and we were blown away by the presentation and the things they are implementing around the stadium for fans as well (beyond the ROH). The Bengals really are listening and care. We got to keep our "New Stripes" lanyards and they gave us a pair of fitted draft day hats.

Also, Elizabeth Blackburn was wildly nice and generous with her time, engaging my son and myself to ask about us and then show us around to all of the features of the new jerseys, the concepts that didn't make it, what they were going for, etc.

Well done, Bengals! I was skeptical, but now just so eager to see them game day. On the mannequins, it was easy to envision them on the players. And when we tried them on, just a 1st rate jersey.

They will look CLASS, CUTTING EDGE, UNIQUE, and at the same time be something you will want to wear... and NOT just on game days. This stuff will POP on game day and on fans. Anyone concerned should 100% NOT be. Miles better than what they have now.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 04:24 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Just left the event and saw the new uniforms.... AMAZING!!!!! Couldn't be more thrilled and the Bengals went first class with the event. Everyone was so accommodating and nice. I had to sign an NDA and they made us put our phones in lockers, so I cannot give any serious details.

I was invited with literally less than an hour notice to when we had to be there for the event. My apologies that I couldn't take the 2 other members I had offered to if I was invited. I had very little notice, like, minutes, before we had to rush out the door.

I can't give any serious details, but I can say that everything is 1st class with them. Wildly excited for not just the new look, but the quality of the garment, the materials, how it wears, etc.They let us try them on, took our pics, fed us, etc.

I was really bummed at the leaked pics when I saw them, but in person, that was all washed away instantly.

My little boy and I were the very first fans they let see the jerseys, try them on, etc. and we were blown away by the presentation and the things they are implementing around the stadium for fans as well (beyond the ROH). The Bengals really are listening and care. We got to keep our "New Stripes" lanyards and they gave us a pair of fitted draft day hats.

Also, Elizabeth Blackburn was wildly nice and generous with her time, engaging my son and myself to ask about us and then show us around to all of the features of the new jerseys, the concepts that didn't make it, what they were going for, etc.

Well done, Bengals! I was skeptical, but now just so eager to see them game day. On the mannequins, it was easy to envision them on the players. And when we tried them on, just a 1st rate jersey.

They will look CLASS, CUTTING EDGE, UNIQUE, and at the same time be something you will want to wear... and NOT just on game days. This stuff will POP on game day and on fans. Anyone concerned should 100% NOT be. Miles better than what they have now.

Elizabeth Blackburn is an unexpected and welcome surprise.  IDK if the new way of doing things is stemming from her ideas or something else, but she's certainly making me feel better about where the team is going than her parents or grandfather did.

Can't wait to see the new uniforms on Monday.
Reply/Quote
ehem, without breaking your NDA, were they the same unis that were posted here?

Dont answer that, let me ask you a different question.. Do you like pancakes? YES or NO?

PS. What's with all this NDA everyone is dishing out as of late, I'm gonna start using NDAs myself for everything. If you all can send me a copy of a blank NDA, thanks.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 04:31 PM)samhain Wrote: Elizabeth Blackburn is an unexpected and welcome surprise.  IDK if the new way of doing things is stemming from her ideas or something else, but she's certainly making me feel better about where the team is going than her parents or grandfather did.

Sounds like we're finally modernizing the franchise in terms of uniforms and it sounds like a few other things in the stadium!

Let's just hope we decide to modern with things like an indoor practice facility and scouts, too, just to name a few!
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 04:31 PM)samhain Wrote: Elizabeth Blackburn is an unexpected and welcome surprise.  IDK if the new way of doing things is stemming from her ideas or something else, but she's certainly making me feel better about where the team is going than her parents or grandfather did.

Yes! After meeting her, she is A+!
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 04:35 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: ehem, without breaking your NDA, were they the same unis that were posted here?

Dont answer that, let me ask you a different question.. Do you like pancakes? YES or NO?

PS. What's with all this NDA everyone is dishing out as of late, I'm gonna start using NDAs myself for everything. If you all can send me a copy of a blank NDA, thanks.

So, I will say that even if you hated what was posted here you will like what you see Monday morning. Personally, I don't see how you couldn't. The only people who will hate them are those who wanted traditional, blocks & stripes, or old school looks. That is NOT what these are. After seeing, feeling, and touching them, the jerseys on the hanger were NOT really representative of what the Bengals put together.

I didn't mind the NDA at all. This is the Bengals project to unveil and I think they deserve to have their own thunder for that. In these days of hype and scoop media getting all of the spotlight and everyone with a phone able to post media and get attention world wide, I think the Bengals being generous enough to let fans in for a sneak peak while not wanting them to broadcast it to the world is understandable. 
Reply/Quote

Been a season ticketholder for a while and have met Blackburn a couple times. she has been involved for a good amount past decade so not surprised
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 04:48 PM)PDub80 Wrote: So, I will say that even if you hated what was posted here you will like what you see Monday morning. Personally, I don't see how you couldn't. The only people who will hate them are those who wanted traditional, blocks & stripes, or old school looks. That is NOT what these are. After seeing, feeling, and touching them, the jerseys on the hanger were NOT really representative of what the Bengals put together.

I didn't mind the NDA at all. This is the Bengals project to unveil and I think they deserve to have their own thunder for that. In these days of hype and scoop media getting all of the spotlight and everyone with a phone able to post media and get attention world wide, I think the Bengals being generous enough to let fans in for a sneak peak while not wanting them to broadcast it to the world is understandable. 

You are never going to have a 100% in support of a uniform change.. I do think if they had changed the helmet though you might have had 90%  haters...
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 04:51 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Been a season ticketholder for a while and have met Blackburn a couple times. she has been involved for a good amount past decade so not surprised

You're talking about Katie. Elizabeth is the daughter who is overseeing the fan experience, marketing, etc. She's been there roughly a year or so.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 04:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You are never going to have a 100% in support of a uniform change.. I do think if they had changed the helmet though you might have had 90%  haters...

Oh, man, thank goodness they kept the helmet!
Reply/Quote
Thank you for that update. Can't wait to see what they look like on Monday. Was thinking I might get my little one a jersey for his birthday and if they are as good as you're bragging, I'll be excited to get him that purchase
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 05:20 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Thank you for that update. Can't wait to see what they look like on Monday. Was thinking I might get my little one a jersey for his birthday and if they are as good as you're bragging, I'll be excited to get him that purchase

My son liked the orange best. I though it worked great for kids, too.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 04:53 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Oh, man, thank goodness they kept the helmet!

Did they have any thought of orange color tone change in prototypes if not the finished product?

I just wondered if that was even on the table out of pure curiosity.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Front office is thinking well if we’re gonna lose we may as well look good Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 05:43 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Did they have any thought of orange color tone change in prototypes if not the finished product?

I just wondered if that was even on the table out of pure curiosity.

They nailed the orange and, I think, it looks like that was a focus for sure.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 05:54 PM)GodFather Wrote: Front office is thinking well if we’re gonna lose we may as well look good Ninja

they lost a lot of money because of COVID last year, so I suspect they're trying to make it up with new jerseys Wink
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 06:06 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: they lost a lot of money because of COVID last year, so I suspect they're trying to make it up with new jerseys Wink

They said the new jersey process took 3 years from start to finish.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 04:24 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Just left the event and saw the new uniforms.... AMAZING!!!!! Couldn't be more thrilled and the Bengals went first class with the event. Everyone was so accommodating and nice. I had to sign an NDA and they made us put our phones in lockers, so I cannot give any serious details.

I was really bummed at the leaked pics when I saw them, but in person, that was all washed away instantly.

Dude, so happy for you and your son, what a great experience it must have been for the both of you! Thank you for this awesome post! Cant wait for everything to go fully public. Elizabeth is brining a new day just on her own from the sounds of it. This is exciting. 
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 06:14 PM)PDub80 Wrote: They said the new jersey process took 3 years from start to finish.

IF that's the case, they get a pass. Tiger
Reply/Quote

My only fear now is that they won't live up to your hype. But almost anything will be better than the old ones. 
Reply/Quote