Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
New Uniform Reveal Today: I was there....
(04-20-2021, 04:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Again, that has nothing to do with Elizabeth Blackburn. That’s on Mike, Tobin, and her parents. She’s not in charge of free agency, or our scouting department. But what SHE is in charge of, she’s really good at.

The problem is that she's essentially been used as the face of the franchise these last 4 months.  Mike isn't doing interviews, Katie isn't doing interviews, and Troy isn't doing interviews.

So they're essentially tossing her to the wolves.  Sending how her out there with the ammo equivalent of free hot dogs and new uniforms isn't going to go over well with some fans after making no changes at: GM, Director of Personnel, Scouting department, Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, and Defensive Coordinator.

I will say that I agree with you that she shouldn't be judged on things outside of her control.  I'm not writing this to pile on or anything like that.  But...BUT, for me personally her making the rounds is having the opposite of the desired effect they're seeking.  It all just sounds like marketing bullshit meant to sell product (tickets, apparel).  I definitely don't care about social media and emoji posts, I don't care about free hot dogs, and new uniforms were way down my list in things that needed to change.

She may very well be good at her job but I do think the organization could do a better job of reading the room.  When you've had the 30 year stretch they have had, then the last 5 years, and then the last 2 years, having a mid 20's bubbly female go out there and talk about change and wanting to win more than anything is going to ring hollow if there aren't structual changes to the organization.

Just my 2 cents...
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 03:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There's a thought that some have that new jerseys and some in-stadium perks are nice, but investing more into acquiring talent to improve on-field performance will do more than new jerseys and in-stadium perks when it comes to fan interest.
So when those people see those things, they brush them off because they see them as just a consolation prize.

I just don't understand that logic. It's not a zero sum game. Investing in fan experiences, the stadium, new uniforms, branding, etc doesn't take away from anything they are or can be doing on the field or in the personnel department. Those two things have literally zero to do with each other in terms of budgeting or how the Bengals fiscally operate. 

Yet, some fans think that's the case? My goodness.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 04:36 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The problem is that she's essentially been used as the face of the franchise these last 4 months.  Mike isn't doing interviews, Katie isn't doing interviews, and Troy isn't doing interviews.

So they're essentially tossing her to the wolves.  Sending how her out there with the ammo equivalent of free hot dogs and new uniforms isn't going to go over well with some fans after making no changes at: GM, Director of Personnel, Scouting department, Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, and Defensive Coordinator.

I will say that I agree with you that she shouldn't be judged on things outside of her control.  I'm not writing this to pile on or anything like that.  But...BUT, for me personally her making the rounds is having the opposite of the desired effect they're seeking.  It all just sounds like marketing bullshit meant to sell product (tickets, apparel).  I definitely don't care about social media and emoji posts, I don't care about free hot dogs, and new uniforms were way down my list in things that needed to change.

She may very well be good at her job but I do think the organization could do a better job of reading the room.  When you've had the 30 year stretch they have had, then the last 5 years, and then the last 2 years, having a mid 20's bubbly female go out there and talk about change and wanting to win more than anything is going to ring hollow if there aren't structual changes to the organization.

Just my 2 cents...

You are blending together 2 different subjects.

On field performance vs fan experience, outreach, and branding.

Of course, the best branding the Bengals can do is win. But her job isn't on that side of the business. And she isn't the face of the franchise. She's not out there talking for Duke after the draft or Taylor after a game. It's the offseason and she is talking about the changes they have been doing under her watch.

It's like you're yelling about the hostess at a restaurant for bad food. She isn't cooking the food. She is there to get you to the right seat, make sure you have menus and make sure you have drinks. To go get pissed about the hostess, who has nothing to do with making the food, makes no sense to me.

Enjoy the Bengals changing and all of these cool things they are doing! I mean, you're not going to stop being a fan of the team. You would have already done that by now. And, enjoying this stuff doesn't mean you have to be a yes man or give in or enjoy everything that happens on the field. But, what fun is it being a fan if the team makes you so miserable you cannot find enjoyment in even a free hotdog? 
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 04:36 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The problem is that she's essentially been used as the face of the franchise these last 4 months.  Mike isn't doing interviews, Katie isn't doing interviews, and Troy isn't doing interviews.

Just my 2 cents...

I see your point, but for me, I felt she did two really good things that really needed done this winter. Stood up called out the league for ignoring Rattler (I don't think S.o.P. would've), and finally a ring of honor for the guys they paid to lay it on the line. Jerseys? Meh, take em or leave em...I only attend a few games a decade, so the free hotdog means nothing. I want wins too, but I'll tip my hat to her for those two things.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 01:22 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Head of “Fan engagement” for another incompetent family hire. The dumb **** hits keep coming.

You’re definitely Steeler material, pack up your coloring books and crayons and don’t let the door hit you where the good Lord split you. Haters suck.
Reply/Quote
Take the quiz.....which one of these fans in the article is PDub?

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/4/19/22392139/bengals-fans-new-uniforms-jerseys-2021-nfl-season
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 01:10 PM)Beaker Wrote: Take the quiz.....which one of these fans in the article is PDub?

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/4/19/22392139/bengals-fans-new-uniforms-jerseys-2021-nfl-season
Black jersey #9?
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 01:10 PM)Beaker Wrote: Take the quiz.....which one of these fans in the article is PDub?

I'm going with a wild guess: he's not in that picture/article.

The article I read the other day said 7 people were invited and this one features 6 supporters who were chosen because of their positivity online. (the 7th person picture is John Sheeran)

I think(???) PDub stated that he doesn't have a social media presence.  Also, the fact his screen name is a reference to Peter Warrick, who was drafted over 20 years ago, and the fact he's said he's been a club seats holder for a pretty long time, I'm guessing he's at least mid 30's and probably even older.

I pretty sure he's not Zim or John Sheeran (the 7th in the picture, who was a media invite)  He said he doesn't dress up so he's not the Bengladorian or whatever his name is either.  I don't think he's the hot chick (sue me, she's hot), or the other young kid.

That leaves us with 3 options: 

-The woman in the #9 jersey.  Don't want to assume Pdub's gender, but since I've referred to a "he "multiple times I suppose I already have.  This is a legitimate choice though.

-The guy in the 85 jersey with the long hair.  This is probably the stongest possibility other than my choice, but he looks a little young.

-He's the 7th person not pictured. (This matches up with him saying he's not active online, therefore he wouldn't have been chosen for backing the jerseys after the leak)

Edit: I realize I put way too much thought into this after reading what I wrote.  Fwiw, this is how I felt when I approached the question...

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Def orange Burrow jersey.

Def. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'll probably get flamed for this, and perhaps rightfully so, but it's got to be exhausting being a character who dresses up all of the time.

Look, I'm not knocking the people who do this. It's part of what makes the NFL fun. Every fanbase has their characters and it adds to the presentation. And I'm sure getting in costume for a game is fun in the same way it is for those that do cosplay. Even though I personally would have no interest in doing it that doesn't mean I can't see why others may enjoy it.

BUT the Bengladorian even had to wear his outift to this? A private event with only 7 people, with no game to cheer for, with no cameras, and with no one else dressed up?

You've got 6 normal people who are probably interacting and conversing as any other 6 people would. Then you've got one guy who is dressed up a Star Wars character. That seems odd.

Now, maybe he just donned the costume for the pictures. That would be much more unstandable. Still a pain in the ass though. I'd be much more tempted to just say "Can I not get my picture taken", or I'd just reveal my identity for the pictures, or I'd just asked to be referred to by my name rather than the Bengaldorian.

On the off chance he really did just walk around in that suit the entire time, I'm sorry but that's a little weird. I'd kinda feel like a tool trying to converse with my fellow fans at a meal that was catered while wearing a Halloween costume in April.

I'd love for PDub to fill in the blanks. (Please tell me he didn't show up like that and wear the outfit for the entire event because that's gotta suck for him.)
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 02:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Def orange Burrow jersey.

Def. 

I'm pretty sure that's the guy that's on a lot of those Bengals podcasts. (John Sheeran)

I've seen him as a guest on that terrible puppet one, and he was on the Sewell vs. Chase one a few weeks ago.  I believe he writes for some Bengals site.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 02:57 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm pretty sure that's the guy that's on a lot of those Bengals podcasts. (John Sheeran)

I've seen him as a guest on that terrible puppet one, and he was on the Sewell vs. Chase one a few weeks ago.  I believe he writes for some Bengals site.

It is. I guessed before reading the article and the article confirms that Sheeran is #9 in the orange. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 02:57 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm pretty sure that's the guy that's on a lot of those Bengals podcasts. (John Sheeran)

Guy with the orange Burrow jersey is John Sheeran.
Girl with the black Higgins jersey is Yas.
Guy with the white jersey is Zim.
Guy with the helmet is Bengalorian.
Guy in the black 94 jersey is Seth Reese.
Guy in the orange Higgins jersey is Willie Lutz.
Girl in the black Burrow jersey is Whitney.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
[Image: pJ4o7Ek.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hearing PDub's account of going was cool, but reading the "official" write-up of the event it sounds pretty awesome. Whether it's a small selective group or something for a lot more people, I do love that the team is connecting with people in the community as fans, and not just a standard media event.
Reply/Quote
Gotta say… those black Unis looked sharp and clean in action. I felt like the Helmet popped more because there was less happening on the Jersey.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 12:50 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Gotta say… those black Unis looked sharp and clean in action. I felt like the Helmet popped more because there was less happening on the Jersey.

Same, thought they looked great Saturday, much better than I expected.

Anything that makes that helmet pop is sweet. Best helmet ever. Rock On
Reply/Quote
I'll admit that I HATED the unofficial "leaked" t-shirt versions... but the real-deal jerseys look pretty good!
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 02:54 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'll probably get flamed for this, and perhaps rightfully so, but it's got to be exhausting being a character who dresses up all of the time.

Look, I'm not knocking the people who do this.  It's part of what makes the NFL fun.  Every fanbase has their characters and it adds to the presentation.  And I'm sure getting in costume for a game is fun in the same way it is for those that do cosplay.  Even though I personally would have no interest in doing it that doesn't mean I can't see why others may enjoy it.

BUT the Bengladorian even had to wear his outift to this?  A private event with only 7 people, with no game to cheer for, with no cameras, and with no one else dressed up?

You've got 6 normal people who are probably interacting and conversing as any other 6 people would.  Then you've got one guy who is dressed up a Star Wars character.  That seems odd.

Now, maybe he just donned the costume for the pictures.  That would be much more unstandable.  Still a pain in the ass though.  I'd be much more tempted to just say "Can I not get my picture taken", or I'd just reveal my identity for the pictures, or I'd just asked to be referred to by my name rather than the Bengaldorian.

On the off chance he really did just walk around in that suit the entire time, I'm sorry but that's a little weird.  I'd kinda feel like a tool trying to converse with my fellow fans at a meal that was catered while wearing a Halloween costume in April.

I'd love for PDub to fill in the blanks.  (Please tell me he didn't show up like that and wear the outfit for the entire event because that's gotta suck for him.)

Face paint is one thing, but I've always thought the people who dress up as Star Wars Trek or some other thing requiring full mask must hate it in the hot weather, or when trying to talk to those around them, or take a drink or eat. It just seems like it would be tiresome to me. But I'm old, so....
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 03:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Best helmet ever. Rock On

TRUTH!
Reply/Quote