Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New Uniforms leaked
(03-18-2021, 01:42 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: But maybe I'm in the minority,  but I like them better without the outlined numbers. 

They are fine to wear when hanging out with your buddies.

But they would be hard to read when players are wearing them on the field.

Football jerseys need to be more about function than fashion.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 01:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone else not see any image?

It's an attachment.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 01:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone else not see any image?

First one didn't post because the image was too large.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 01:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's an attachment.

I know.

I just can't access it.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 01:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They are fine to wear when hanging out with your buddies.

Maybe you're right,  but I think the difficulty is overblown in the age of HD television. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 01:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They are fine to wear when hanging out with your buddies.

The panthers and Ravens both have jerseys that are both very 90’s influenced with the logo on the shoulder pad, and the 2 layered numbers, but those jerseys are both still very nice and work well.

It worked for the bengals uniforms with Corey Dillon, and it was fine with dalton and burrow
Reply/Quote
A new report released indicates that the new uniforms are getting scrapped in favor of all Bengals player having to wear their grandmas underwear in games. 
"It's quite a savings for the team," Mike Brown was quoted as saying " and I've personally spent time with their grandmas in their underwear and believe me, they don't like it either and I should know about creeping out women in their underwear."
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 01:46 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Maybe you're right,  but I think the difficulty is overblown in the age of HD television. 

It is not an issue of HD.  It is the distance.  When the camera shows the whole field players are small. 
Reply/Quote
I just think the solid white block numbering looks better on the black jersey.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 01:43 PM)Tomkat Wrote: The white stroke around the number should NOT go inside where "stripes" are - the stripes should remain black.

How about this?

[Image: w2xlzwp.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 03:25 PM)Earendil Wrote: How about this?

I like the white jersey.  I think the number should be orange on the black jersey to match the stripes. Or it might be better to keep the number white and change the stripes to white also on the black jersey.  But probably better to keep orange numbers and stripes to go with the helmet. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 03:25 PM)Earendil Wrote: How about this?

I do like that!
I LOVE the little "stripes" in the number font!  I just wish they were curved a bit to fit the rest of the stripes, they currently look a bit too much like spikes or daggers.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 01:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not an issue of HD.  It is the distance.  When the camera shows the whole field players are small. 

I think you might watch the game a different way than I do. Nothing wrong with that,  but I'm not too worried about reading Jersey numbers or haven't found that I've had difficulty reading them whenever I find the need to. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 03:36 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I do like that!
I LOVE the little "stripes" in the number font!  I just wish they were curved a bit to fit the rest of the stripes, they currently look a bit too much like spikes or daggers.

I think they are supposed to be claw marks.
Reply/Quote
I like the orange fonts better but maybe a white boarder on them. Orange boarder on the white jersey fonts. I like the hex fonts best.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 03:48 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I like the orange fonts better but maybe a white boarder on them. Orange boarder on the white jersey fonts. I like the hex fonts best.

I agree their needs to be more orange in the white ones. I’m all for double layered numbers.

I think people are wildly overrating the single layer factor.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 03:37 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: I think you might watch the game a different way than I do. Nothing wrong with that,  but I'm not too worried about reading Jersey numbers or haven't found that I've had difficulty reading them whenever I find the need to. 

That is because almost no teams have orange numbers on black jerseys.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 03:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I agree their needs to be more orange in the white ones. I’m all for double layered numbers.

I think people are wildly overrating the single layer factor.
It doesn't have to be a huge boarder for it to be effective.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 03:58 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It doesn't have to be a huge boarder for it to be effective.  

I agree. But I do prefer the double layered numbers
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 03:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is because almost no teams have orange numbers on black jerseys.

You could be right. The hated steelers do wear yellow fonts on black jerseys without double layering in one version of their unis,  and orange is bright enough to compare,  but maybe the shade that the Bengals use is a bit darker.  I'm not sure.  Maybe that's the reason teams haven't done it yet or maybe just coincidence.

I don't mind a thin white outline around the orange font,  but think it would definitely look better without a thick outline.
Reply/Quote