Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
New name for Cincinnati NFL team
(05-29-2022, 10:58 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Cincinnati Consuls. The logo is a Roman in the fashion of Cincinnatus. Purple and white as the colors.

(05-29-2022, 12:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cincinnati Citizens

Instead of a "Terrible Towels" we would have the "Terrible Togas" or "Tailgate Togas".
Reply/Quote
The Cincinnati Cyclops
Reply/Quote
I was living in Denver when they got the MLB expansion team that became the Rockies. There was a big debate about the team name being "Denver" or "Colorado".

Paul Brown could have really stuck it to the Browns if he had given our team a name based on "Ohio" instead of "Cincinnati". But I can't think of a cool team name that goes well with "Ohio". Maybe the "Ohio Rivermen".
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 12:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was living in Denver when they got the MLB expansion team that became the Rockies.  There was a big debate about the team name being "Denver" or "Colorado".

Paul Brown could have really stuck it to the Browns if he had given our team a name based on "Ohio" instead of "Cincinnati".  But I can't think of a cool team name that goes well with "Ohio".  Maybe the "Ohio Rivermen".

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Instead of a "Terrible Towels" we would have the "Terrible Togas" or "Tailgate Togas".

Toga day at the stadium could be quite interesting.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 01:14 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Toga day at the stadium could be quite interesting.

Toga Day in December...

Cincinnati Camels.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Hank Williams recorded I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry in Cincinnati in the summer of 1949... The Cincinnati Whippoorwills.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 01:23 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I would call us the Cincinnati Steamers in honor of the steam boats. The helmet could have a pair of stacks on it like GABP.

Cleveland already has the Steamer nickname, but for other reasons  Cool
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Throw it back to the original Cincinnati professional football team name, the Celts.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_Celts

Or do something related to the heavy German influence of the city, maybe Cincinnati Blitzkrieg.

I've also always liked the old WHA professional hockey team, the Stingers.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 01:43 PM)jason Wrote: Hank Williams recorded I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry in Cincinnati in the summer of 1949... The Cincinnati Whippoorwills.

Quadruple rep if I could
Reply/Quote
The Cincinnati Bridge, in honor of The Roebling, The Big Mac, The Purple People, and to a lesser extent The Clay Wade Bailey, and WAY lesser the Brent Spence. I thought the plural Bridges would make more sense since there is more than one bridge but I feared people would think they named the team after the actors, Jeff, Beau, Lloyd, and Todd.
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati Gold Stars
Reply/Quote
The Great Americans. Bill Cunningham will be the mascot.
Reply/Quote
TecmoBengals
You didn't offend me. No apologies are needed.

I offer the post isn't violating the COC because I was responding to an idea in your initial post about not wanting nasty comments. You incorrectly assume I am trying to stir up shit and I also already contributed to the other part of your post topic, a new name for the Bengals, in a separate post. 

(05-29-2022, 11:58 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: We could also have the obvious Cincinnati Queens or Cincinnati Royals, as with the Big O lead NBA team.

Here's an original one, Cincinnati Tigers. You could have a tiger logo instead of the much debated "B" logo.  Hilarious

Cincinnati PenisGrabbers.

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2Fwp-content%...keytap.gif]

Or PenisWhackers for the more violent of you.

IMagine this painted at the 50 yd line. 

[Image: burfict-face.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The Cincinnati Nastys
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati Cut-in-the-Hill with a traffic jam going down a hill on the helmet.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
The Cincinnati Graters...

Grating on/for Greater Cincinnati since 2026; sponsored by Graeter's.

Team is cold blooded and/or in full meltdown, depending on the gameday thread.

Homemade turf: Graete American Cone/Cup/Bowl

Make the offense/defence Grate again. (depending on who spins the blame)

That right side of the O-line are a bunch of Rocky Road Graeters.

Joe Burrrrr....throws a frozen rope....let it go...Let It Go!!!

Mixon and the run game are grating them down, looking to grate out the clock.

Chad has got the cheese piled high and the defence shredded.

And there goes Chase...doing the Gratey!
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 01:23 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I would call us the Cincinnati Steamers in honor of the steam boats. The helmet could have a pair of stacks on it like GABP.

Be a good name for Cleveland
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati Sin City Sinners

Cincinnati Big Fat Fatties

Cincinnati Schnauzer Hounds

Cincinnati Slugs

Cincinnati Sour Sausages

Cincinnati Sig Sauer Spears
Reply/Quote
The Cincinnati Toasts in honor of Fred.