Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
New name for Cincinnati NFL team
War Pigs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2022, 10:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: OIP.zG8i06Fp2kiCU0cCHEYlOwHaHa?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]The Cincy Nattys

Rep
Reply/Quote
The Cincinnati Synergy - you could about anything with the uniform and mascot
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati Schnauzers
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati Cicadas

Those damn things are everywhere in Cincinnati when they spawn.
Also the alliteration is nice.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I just used a team name generator. Here are some possibilities.

Cincinnati Militant Sharks
Cincinnati Venomous Hawks
Cincinnati Extreme Cyborgs
Cincinnati Poison Rebels
Cincinnati Shooting Snakes

Must I go on?
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2022, 11:37 AM)M.W. Wrote: The Cincinnati Synergy  - you could about anything with the uniform and mascot

From 1996 through 1999 The Bengals played at Cinergy Field when they sold the naming rights for old Riverfront Stadium to the local power company.
Reply/Quote
The Cincinnati Sexy Feet.

I get fired up just thinking about it.
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati Bengals II.. I is already in use..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 09:13 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Cincinnati Procter & Gamblers!

Would our mascot be Satan? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2022, 06:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Would our mascot be Satan? 

Nah, just a fish stuck in a 6-pack holder.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2022, 04:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Cincinnati Sexy Feet.

I get fired up just thinking about it.

NO FRED NOOOO!!!!Twitch
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2022, 11:02 AM)Wyche Wrote: Cincinnati Mavericks (after the character from the show/movie)

I actually played in a golf pro-am with Brett Maverick as the celeb in my foursome! He was a class act!!  Funny, Lee Trevino was my Pro and Chi Chi Rodrigues was the Pro in the group behind us! I never laughed so hard playing golf with Trevino and Rodrigues going at each other!!  Chi Chi's celeb was Mia Hamm, yum yum!!
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati Flying Pigs
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati Jagged Toothed Opossums Mellow
Reply/Quote
Based on the number of bandwagon fans it should be the Cincinnati saints
Reply/Quote
Should be named Cincinnati Reds Football Club and call the Reds the Cincinnati Reds Baseball Club. Same city; same logo.
Reply/Quote
The name "Ogres" is perfect for a football team.

I am actually kind of surprised that no one has used it.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2022, 07:01 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Should be named Cincinnati Reds Football Club and call the Reds the Cincinnati Reds Baseball Club.  Same city; same logo.

Like when both "Giants" teams were in New York.

Except they did not have the same logo or anything like that.  That seems like it could get complicated since there would not be any joint ownership.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 12:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If we had to come up with a new name for the Cincinnati NFL team what would you suggest.

Or if it offends you to even think about changing the name pretend that you were there before the Bengals name was chosen.  What would you have suggested back then?

My suggestions.  .  .  .

"Gamblers" or "Riverboat Gamblers".  Ties in with the riverboat connection to the city. Has a bit of brio to it.  Our mascot would be a dashing stereotypical riverboat gambler.  Our logo would be the ace of spades.  Our colors the red and black of a deck of cards.

"Porkers".  Pays tribute to the city's history of pork processing. Our mascot would be a really mean-looking pig with big tusks or tushes or both. Our colors would be "Ham Pink" and black.  Elvis made "pink and black" badass.  Our football team could do the same.

"Chili Dogs".  Honors the area's bizarre obsession with a sauce.  Our mascot would be a bull terrier named "Chili".  It really doesn't have to have anything to do with the sauce, just like the Buffalo NFL team doesn't have anything to do with any "Bill".  But our colors would be "Chili Red" and "Mustard Yellow".  To be honest I really love chili dogs.  Chili cheese coney with slaw is the alpha junk food in my world.

BTW if you don't like this thread just don't post.  No need to post nasty comments.  We are all just doing what we have to do to get through this dead period.

Cincinnati Boats And Hoes
Reply/Quote