Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
News: Joe Burrow had a grimace of pain for every step leaving the field.
(09-17-2023, 05:48 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: stefanski played an injured baker mayfield his final year, I remember baker throwing 4 picks one of those games. I thought stefanski was an idiot, especially considering their run game.

the idea that an injured Joe burrow is better than our backup is probably both true and false, he didn't get healthier he got worse...how is he supposed to recover if we put him in these situations? lol

it has to beg the question though, if an injured Joe burrow is better than our backup - why even have a ***** backup QB?

Joe Burrow who can't throw the ball and can only QB run, is a better QB than Jake Browning lol. I'm not denying that Joe Burrow almost regardless of health is our best bet in terms of a singular game. 

But today wasn't the Super Bowl. We play 15 more regardless of whether Burrow played these first two games. That's recoverable for a team as good as we can be. It isn't recoverable if we're spending the first 6 weeks of the season playing Joe Burrow and delaying his ability to shake off the calf injury.

We could be the Giants though... jesus lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:40 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I shared your sentiment, Joe, until I saw a video of Joe Burrow limping into the locker room after the game.  This is a bad injury; worse than anyone thought.  I’m not even certain the trauma is limited to the right calf.

Oh, boy. It was seven weeks after the initial injury to the first game. I really hope this isn't a bad injury, "worse than anyone thought," or we will be looking at Jake Browning next game.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well there’s always next year. Like mentioned before, let’s work on getting MH JR.

Hell they are working on that right now, 0 & 2. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
They should already be realizing Joe isn't himself and gotta be thinking of Browning and Grier for the near future, several games. And JB at 60-70% is better than Browning or Grier? If he hurt the calf today he isn't healing in 1 week.
Reply/Quote
What'll they do if they put in Jake and he wins the super bowl and league MVP? Just asking for a friend.. Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I remember all the injuries I had when I was 26. I remember when I scraped my knuckles trying to take out my water pump of my Honda and I also pulled a hamstring a little bit one time when I was vacuuming my apartment.

If those things wouldn't have happened to me, who knows where life would have taken me?
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
I like how everyone thinks Browning is the answer.

We're in the running for the 1st pick in the draft if Browning is the qb.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 06:03 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: They should already be realizing Joe isn't himself and gotta be thinking of Browning and Grier for the near future, several games. And JB at 60-70% is better than Browning or Grier? If he hurt the calf today he isn't healing in 1 week.

There's no way Mike Brown is playing anybody other than Joe burrow. He's being paid a lot of money to do his job.  Mike Brown is old school. He hates giving something for nothing
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Zac fell in love with screen calls and 0 yard passes. Once Joe attacked downfield, we looked better.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 06:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Zac fell in love with screen calls and 0 yard passes. Once Joe attacked downfield, we looked better.

260 million dollar screen mastah 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 06:18 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: There's no way Mike Brown is playing anybody other than Joe burrow. He's being paid a lot of money to do his job.  Mike Brown is old school. He hates giving something for nothing

This may be true but Mikey Boy needs to understand his $275 million will be all for naught if Joe Burrow’s career is limited by injury. Joe will be in Cincinnati for the near future; no other team is going to pick up such a lucrative contract.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Trade Tee now.. Let Burrow rest this year and get the TE from Georgia in the draft.
Reply/Quote
shucks, he wont be able to make all those 3 yard passes to the sidelines... Zac Taylor thinks we are playing high school football where linebackers are slow
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 06:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I like how everyone thinks Browning is the answer.

We're in the running for the 1st pick in the draft if Browning is the qb.

Literally nobody thinks Browning is 'the answer'.

People think playing Browning may have protected our QB better, and put him further on the path to a better calf by now. We play 17 games a season, not 2. 0-2 isn't season over.

Obviously we'll see what the medicals say on Burrow's calf after today, maybe it's fine and maybe these first two weeks haven't done him 'any bad'. But it's hardly ridiculous to ask the question as to whether Burrow would be further forward with his calf, had we played Browning and also lost these games anyway. 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 06:20 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: 260 million dollar screen mastah 

People will deny this, but I'm sure being highest paid nfl player in history is pressure.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:28 PM)grampahol Wrote: Maybe trade Tee for a couple high draft picks while the price is still good, put Joe on IR, tank the rest of the season and reload.. lol

Probably an unpopular opinion. But if we keep losing might be the move we should make. Need a team in contention with a need at wide receiver.
Reply/Quote
Aaron Rodgers may recover from his Achilles injury before Joe burrow recovers from his calf injury.

I would think both of them would be day to day.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 06:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: People will deny this, but I'm sure being highest paid nfl player in history is pressure.

Yep, this forum is split that the contract has zero effect on him and/or his teammates, or not. Me getting a raise at work imposes self applied pressure and he earns our yearly salary in 5 minutes. 

It is pressure and it can have an effect on fellow teammates, jealous, etc. They're all still kids out there at that age. You can hear this clearly when Chase is talking about stats instead of superbowl rings.
Reply/Quote
Receivers can't run a deep post apparently... Chase has disappeared
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 06:31 PM)KyBengalfan94 Wrote: Receivers can't run a deep post apparently...   Chase has disappeared

Burrow won't sit back and wait, either Zac is not designing the play to let him or Burrow doesn't want to wait.
Reply/Quote