Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
News: Joe Burrow had a grimace of pain for every step leaving the field.
(09-17-2023, 05:27 PM)phil413 Wrote: Sign Wentz now I'm case Browning or Grier don't produce.  Slug out a win vs the Rams and if Joe needs time off maybe he keeps you afloat.

Sounds like a good plan
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 06:34 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Burrow won't sit back and wait, either Zac is not designing the play to let him or Burrow doesn't want to wait.

last week I understand but he had time today, he had plenty of time today
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:23 PM)Trademark Wrote: Joe Burrow just confirmed he re-tweaked his right calf...Says it's pretty sore right now.

Jeremy Rauch reported:

"Joe Burrow had a grimace of pain for every step leaving the field.

Two losses and a calf injury is a terrible cocktail. #Bengals"

https://twitter.com/FOX19Jeremy/status/1703501043886145676

I think hes been playing hurt from the beginning of the season. He isnt throwing the ball well at all and today it was 3 yard dinks all game and when he would throw it long it would be 10 yards..

Not good.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:23 PM)Trademark Wrote: Joe Burrow just confirmed he re-tweaked his right calf...Says it's pretty sore right now.

Jeremy Rauch reported:

"Joe Burrow had a grimace of pain for every step leaving the field.

Two losses and a calf injury is a terrible cocktail. #Bengals"

https://twitter.com/FOX19Jeremy/status/1703501043886145676

So that excuse  he has QB rating of  70% if so let's start Browning this Offense is to good to have 1 TD in 2 games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Joe is obviously uncomfortable with his calf. I agree to sit him out a few games to heal. Browning seems like the option Zak would play. I'll give him a chance to win or then make another move.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 07:28 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Joe is obviously uncomfortable with his calf. I agree to sit him out a few games to heal. Browning seems like the option Zak would play. I'll give him a chance to win or then make another move.

He really hasn't looked right
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 06:18 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote:  Mike Brown is old school. He hates giving something for nothing

I'd probably have the same mindset if my old man handed me a billion dollar business when he died. 
Reply/Quote
I know it's only X/ Twitter Facebook,  but some bad rumors are out there. He miss some time... Anyone hearing anything that's solid info?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 09:13 AM)Tony Wrote: I know it's only X/ Twitter Facebook,  but some bad rumors are out there. He miss some time... Anyone hearing anything that's solid info?

Choose Jake or Will.  Or somebody else.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Who-do-you-want-to-start-Jake-or-Will
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 09:25 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Choose Jake or Will.  Or somebody else.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Who-do-you-want-to-start-Jake-or-Will

Gotta go with Will.. Browning ain't it... 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 09:13 AM)Tony Wrote: I know it's only X/ Twitter Facebook,  but some bad rumors are out there. He miss some time... Anyone hearing anything that's solid info?

This is why Browning should have received some opportunity to pass in the Cleveland game, and not just do kneel downs. If he has to play, he has had only 1 pass attempted in his entire career and that was incomplete. He should have been allowed to gain some experience in an actual NFL game.
Reply/Quote

Just makes you giddy, doesn't it....
Reply/Quote
It sucks if Burrow is hurt but I'd rather he miss time and heal up if for the best.
Reply/Quote
Dude never should have started the season if it wasn't 100%.

Not sure if that's on the staff or Burrow. I doubt Burrow wanted to miss any games, but at some point the staff needs to protect the player from himself.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 10:14 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It sucks if Burrow is hurt but I'd rather he miss time and heal up if for the best.

He took ~4 weeks off before, if he's back at square 1, I guess we need him out another 4+ games. Quickly they decide if this season is a wash. If 4 weeks wasn't enough before how will it be enough now.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 10:17 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He took ~4 weeks off before, if he's back at square 1, I guess we need him out another 4+ games. Quickly they decide if this season is a wash. If 4 weeks wasn't enough before how will it be enough now.

It's a tough decision Burrow and the organization have to make. It feels like a lose-lose situation: Burrow is the best chance to win but a hurt Burrow might not be physically at his best to win.

They just signed him to the big deal so I'd manage the situation based on keeping him healthy for the future.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 10:20 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It's a tough decision Burrow and the organization have to make. It feels like a lose-lose situation: Burrow is the best chance to win but a hurt Burrow might not be physically at his best to win.

They just signed him to the big deal so I'd manage the situation based on keeping him healthy for the future.

If he's back at square 1 I'd say sit him the rest of the season and use the time to find a backup that can win games, since Burrow is injury prone. If he needs 6 weeks out what's the point of him coming back when we're 0-8 lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 10:20 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote:
It's a tough decision Burrow and the organization have to make.
It feels like a lose-lose situation: Burrow is the best chance to win but a hurt Burrow might not be physically at his best to win.

Yep, I can see them now talking about it, saying if we play him, he might aggravate it, but if we don't and don't win the first 2 games of the 17-game season, a large majority of the fanbase will turn on us and bring out the pitchforks. Gotta keep the villagers happy you know....
Reply/Quote
He already aggravated it, if he's back at square 1 and 4 weeks wasn't enough before...seems odd to bring him back mid season. I'm thinking he might be healthy enough to play in the Rams game with limited mobility, but should they.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 10:27 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He already aggravated it, if he's back at square 1 and 4 weeks wasn't enough before...seems odd to bring him back mid season. I'm thinking he might be healthy enough to play in the Rams game with limited mobility, but should they.

We have an extra day before the Rams game, so I'd wager that gives Burrow and ZT enough time to at least convince themselves hes ok to go, regardless. 
Reply/Quote