Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Bengals QB?
https://www.wlwt.com/article/nfl-teams-invited-to-colin-kaepernick-private-workout-this-weekend/29778754?fbclid=IwAR0kgOb24UExVujroRBQJ4Vzd6SQKyvU4gegOWokHz0udZzo9DPBb5mB32s
Reply/Quote
Just heard Adam Schechter talking about this on local (Philly) radio. He called BS on the NFL. Workout is scheduled for Saturday, which is the busiest day of the week for teams prepping for Sunday games. No one he's talked to plans to go, not even the local teams or teams on bye. Which is why Kaep sarcastically called out the NFL, tweeting that he "can't wait to see the head coaches and GMs on Saturday" -- he knows there most likely won't be any head coaches or GMs there. (He apparently tried to reschedule for a Tuesday, the typical "off" day, but NFL said no.)

Think about it. Kaep has been unemployed and available for the past 3 years. If any team had been remotely interested in him, they had numerous opportunities to bring him into their own facilities and at their own convenience to work him out. NFL is simply staging this "workout" so they can say "we really tried, unfortunately no one is interested in you. Not our fault." Schechter speculated that Kaep probably won't even show up unless the NFL provides him with a list of 15-20 team reps who plan to be there.

Now I am not a Kaep fan -- I don't like his attitude, I don't think he's that good of a QB, and I certainly don't think he's worth the trouble that he stirs up -- but this is just wrong.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 11:43 AM)shanebo Wrote: Just heard Adam Schechter talking about this on local (Philly) radio. He called BS on the NFL. Workout is scheduled for Saturday, which is the busiest day of the week for teams prepping for Sunday games. No one he's talked to plans to go, not even the local teams or teams on bye. Which is why Kaep sarcastically called out the NFL, tweeting that he "can't wait to see the head coaches and GMs on Saturday" -- he knows there most likely won't be any head coaches or GMs there. (He apparently tried to reschedule for a Tuesday, the typical "off" day, but NFL said no.)

Think about it. Kaep has been unemployed and available for the past 3 years. If any team had been remotely interested in him, they had numerous opportunities to bring him into their own facilities and at their own convenience to work him out. NFL is simply staging this "workout" so they can say "we really tried, unfortunately no one is interested in you. Not our fault." Schechter speculated that Kaep probably won't even show up unless the NFL provides him with a list of 15-20 team reps who plan to be there.

Now I am not a Kaep fan -- I don't like his attitude, I don't think he's that good of a QB, and I certainly don't think he's worth the trouble that he stirs up -- but this is just wrong.

What about Vincent Kennedy McMahon? He might show
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 11:43 AM)shanebo Wrote: Just heard Adam Schechter talking about this on local (Philly) radio.  He called BS on the NFL.  Workout is scheduled for Saturday, which is the busiest day of the week for teams prepping for Sunday games.  No one he's talked to plans to go, not even the local teams or teams on bye.  Which is why Kaep sarcastically called out the NFL, tweeting that he "can't wait to see the head coaches and GMs on Saturday" -- he knows there most likely won't be any head coaches or GMs there.  (He apparently tried to reschedule for a Tuesday, the typical "off" day, but NFL said no.)

Think about it.  Kaep has been unemployed and available for the past 3 years.  If any team had been remotely interested in him, they had numerous opportunities to bring him into their own facilities and at their own convenience to work him out.  NFL is simply staging this "workout" so they can say "we really tried, unfortunately no one is interested in you.  Not our fault."  Schechter speculated that Kaep probably won't even show up unless the NFL provides him with a list of 15-20 team reps who plan to be there.

So was protesting against a country that has made you a multi-millionaire for playing a sport. There were much better ways to raise awareness that wouldn't have caused all the controversy and he'd probably still be employed in the NFL. He brought the negative publicity on himself.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 12:02 PM)Mer Wrote: So was protesting against a country that has made you a multi-millionaire for playing a sport. There were much better ways to raise awareness that wouldn't have caused all the controversy and he'd probably still be employed in the NFL. He brought the negative publicity on himself.

What does protesting against a country that made him a multi-millionaire have anything to do with it?

Let's say people were shooting dolphins and I didn't agree with it, but I was a multi-millionaire. Am I allowed to protest that people are shooting dolphins?

Regardless, he's an old version of Lamar Jackson. He went to the superbowl and threw for 300 yards. He's better than anything else out there on the bench.

Raising awareness and controversy go hand in hand in many cases. This is not a good post, you are misinformed.
Reply/Quote
Politics aside, because frankly Eric Reid was a part of it too and he is signed and no one cares. Teams will send pro scouts, but correct there won't be any coaches there most likely. As to "no one is going" Josina Anderson said multiple teams have told her they are going, so I guess we have conflicting information.

In terms of his fit here, honestly it's not the worst idea if the team wants to keep building the team before putting a 1st round rookie QB on it. I am in the camp that we should go Chase Young over QB this year in an attempt to set up a rookie QB for better success, but I actually think Kapernick could win a couple games with this team because he can make plays with his legs that adds another dimension. If he looks good I would sign him on a two year deal with a team option 3rd year. This year would be prorated and next year would be at back up money with the third year option being somewhere around $20 million. If he can prove he is a capable starter you can pick up the option on the 3rd year and have a nice value at QB.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 12:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: Politics aside, because frankly Eric Reid was a part of it too and he is signed and no one cares. Teams will send pro scouts, but correct there won't be any coaches there most likely. As to "no one is going" Josina Anderson said multiple teams have told her they are going, so I guess we have conflicting information.

In terms of his fit here, honestly it's not the worst idea if the team wants to keep building the team before putting a 1st round rookie QB on it. I am in the camp that we should go Chase Young over QB this year in an attempt to set up a rookie QB for better success, but I actually think Kapernick could win a couple games with this team because he can make plays with his legs that adds another dimension. I would sign him on a two year deal with a team option 3rd year. This year would be prorated and next year would be at back up money with the third year option being somewhere around $20 million. If he can prove he is a capable starter you can pick up the option on the 3rd year and have a nice value at QB.

if we bring in keap and he sucks it up... at least we wont have to hear about Keap anymore so just for that im for it now. just so everyone will shut the hell up about a qb that was benched 3 years ago and cried his way home...
Reply/Quote
I hear Uncle Rico is looking for a team....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Mike wouldn’t allow Eric Reid on the roster, I doubt he’d even give Kaep a first glance.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 12:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: As to "no one is going" Josina Anderson said multiple teams have told her they are going, so I guess we have conflicting information.

Avoiding the political issue as well.

I'm sure that several teams will certainly send their pro scouts -- NFL probably mandated that via a league-wide memo before scheduling the meeting -- just no coaches or GMs.
Reply/Quote
Dude hasn't played in three years, and regardless of what your stance is on the whole kneeling thing, I think we can all agree that this team could do without the distraction.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Well, not having him on the team hasn't helped our attendance or national image...

On a more serious note, this guy is just the latest QB that always gets mentioned any time a QB is hurt or benched. For years it was "CALL FAVRE!" then it was "Will they get Tebow?" now any time a starting QB gets hurt people start talking about Kaepernick. Either some NFL team grabs him this time or the whole thing fades out eventually.

Personally, I'm sick of hearing people complain about him but that's the right they have.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 12:57 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Dude hasn't played in three years, and regardless of what your stance is on the whole kneeling thing, I think we can all agree that this team could do without the distraction.

Plus he would be a "Poor Man's" Lamar Jackson in Lamar Jackson's division.

Not a recipe for beating the Ravens. 
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 11:47 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: What about Vincent Kennedy McMahon?  He might show

I actually expect "NO KNEELING ALLOWED!" to be one of the main selling points of the XFL and quite possibly one of their biggest marketing strategies.

(11-13-2019, 01:07 PM)depthchart Wrote: Plus he would be a "Poor Man's" Lamar Jackson in Lamar Jackson's division.

Not a recipe for beating the Ravens. 

We already have a poor man's version of an AFC North QB under center in Diet Dalton, himself!
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 12:57 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Dude hasn't played in three years, and regardless of what your stance is on the whole kneeling thing, I think we can all agree that this team could do without the distraction.

He'll fit right in. Most of our team hasn't played for three years.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 12:26 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What does protesting against a country that made him a multi-millionaire have anything to do with it?

Let's say people were shooting dolphins and I didn't agree with it, but I was a multi-millionaire. Am I allowed to protest that people are shooting dolphins?

Regardless, he's an old version of Lamar Jackson. He went to the superbowl and threw for 300 yards. He's better than anything else out there on the bench.

Raising awareness and controversy go hand in hand in many cases. This is not a good post, you are misinformed.

How long would you have a job if you protested at work? How is stating the facts misinformed?
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 01:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We already have a poor man's version of an AFC North QB under center in Diet Dalton, himself!

The Bengals could carry 4 QB's and have a "Poor Man's" version of every AFC North QB.

Diet Dalton as you say

Kaepernick = Poor man's Lamar Jackson

Johnny Manziel = Poor Man's Baker Mayfield

All we need is a Poor Man's version of Big Ben   (Any ideas?)
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 01:26 PM)depthchart Wrote: The Bengals could carry 4 QB's and have a "Poor Man's" version of every AFC North QB.

Diet Dalton as you say

Kaepernick = Poor man's Lamar Jackson

Johnny Manziel = Poor Man's Baker Mayfield

All we need is a Poor Man's version of Big Ben   (Any ideas?)

Was going to suggest Jared Lorenzen, then I remembered he died earlier this year.  Maybe JaMarcus Russell?  Cardale Jones?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 12:26 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Regardless, he's an old version of Lamar Jackson. He went to the superbowl and threw for 300 yards. He's better than anything else out there on the bench.

You realize he lost his starting job before he started the protest, right? His arm is dead. He hasn't played in 3 years. He's garbage....
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 01:26 PM)depthchart Wrote: All we need is a Poor Man's version of Big Ben   (Any ideas?)

Maybe Jake Dolegala if we booze him up and convince him he's a sexual caveman.
Reply/Quote