Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Laughing Matter...
So people are mocking Trump and Kelly because Omarosa recorded their conversations during her tenure at the WH. Some of which was recorded in the Situation Room. While these conversations were embarrassing for Trump (lack of intelligence/knowledge exposed) and criminal for Kelly (threatening someone's livelihood if they don't go easy) we shouldn't applaud or ignore the significance of the security breach this entailed.

Phones let alone recording ability is not allowed in the Situation Room. This is a room of great respect and significance to this country. The fact that someone was not only able to bring a phone in but use that phone to record a conversation that took place in that room is significant and highlights the dangers Trump puts all of us in with this Administrations lack of respect for our intel, history, and office they hold.

You don't use the Situation Room to fire someone, these people lack complete respect for the office they hold. If Omarosa can break protocol and bring a phone in and record things in that setting, imagine what else has happened and how many breaches has taken place under this Administration? This should outrage us all. We are in danger as a country with the carelessness of this Administration. Deep secrets have already been given to the Russians in the White House. There is a lack of accountability when it comes to the use of private phones and personal servers (except when Hillary does it) with this Administration, and an overall lack of respect for the Presidency.

Omarosa shouldn't be cheered or seen as a hero because she's exposed this Administration, and has enough recorded to bring them down. What she did was criminal and showed a lack of respect for the WH.

BUT what she did also highlighted the complete and utter disregard for security and decency in this Administration.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Everyone looks bad, it's kind of becoming the motto for politics in America anymore.
(08-13-2018, 11:42 AM)Au165 Wrote: Everyone looks bad, it's kind of becoming the motto for politics in America anymore.

Unfortunately, that's the way it looks. I may be naive — or maybe it's that I deal with more local elected officials and they're less corrupt — but I think there's still a lot of good people in government. Or at least people with good intentions. 
I think it's on American voters and what we allow or continue to excuse/defend dependent on who's side is responsible for the actions.

(08-13-2018, 11:50 AM)Benton Wrote: Unfortunately, that's the way it looks. I may be naive — or maybe it's that I deal with more local elected officials and they're less corrupt — but I think there's still a lot of good people in government. Or at least people with good intentions. 

As you move up the ladder of federalism, you find more of this stuff. I think it can best be described as this: mo' money, mo' problems.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-13-2018, 12:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think it's on American voters and what we allow or continue to excuse/defend dependent on who's side is responsible for the actions.

Ehh, Trump has a pretty good stranglehold on his voter base and their um...ability to reason.  The reason stuff like this is no big deal is because:

1.  it's fake, not real, people who fear and hate Trump make stuff up about him
2.  he's still better than the other political options
3.  we need someone who isn't afraid to do bad things in order to benefit this country; past politicians played by the rules and America sucked because of it. Trump being bad is a good thing, quit being such a PC beta
Who woulda thunk bringing a game show contestant into the WH staff would be a bad idea?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Certainly not the host of that game show.