Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Love for UC?
(11-21-2021, 12:39 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think Mich will leap frog UC, but I'm sure ND will move up into the top 6. I think UC's issue will be if they struggle with ECU and ND handles Stanford.

Seeing that UC gave ND their 1 loss there's no way that would be an issue at all.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 12:52 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Seeing that UC gave ND their 1 loss there's no way that would be an issue at all.

And before today Mich had given Mich St. their 1 loss, but they were still ahead of them.

Never underestimate the power of money..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 01:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: And before today Mich had given Mich St. their 1 loss, but they were still ahead of them.

It was the other way around but they both had 1 loss at the time. That said UC has no losses and as long as that holds they won't have to worry about ND.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 01:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: And before today Mich had given Mich St. their 1 loss, but they were still ahead of them.

Yep.  Lee Corso was already pushing that narrative on Gameday today.  He was talking about putting ND in over UC regardless  because Cincinnati played a non Power 5 schedule.  Garbage.
Reply/Quote
People are forgetting Alabama and Georgia still play each other. Oregon is out. Ohio state moves to number 2, Alabama at 3,UC at 4. If Georgia beats Bama, Bama is done. No 2 loss team is going to make the playoffs. Final standings Georgia, Ohio State, Cincinnati, and some sort of cannon fodder.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 12:24 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me to see but they still have OSU on the sched and Alabama has the SEC championship. As long as the Bearcats win out, i don't see how they can keep them out. 

I don't think they will. I firmly believe we are going to see UC in the playoffs, and that is AWESOME. 

Unfortunately, I also firmly believe that Georgia is going to strangle UC. It will still be really cool to have a G5 team make it. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 05:12 AM)Storer50 Wrote: People are forgetting Alabama and Georgia still play each other. Oregon is out. Ohio state moves to number 2, Alabama at 3,UC at 4. If Georgia beats Bama, Bama is done. No 2 loss team is going to make the playoffs. Final standings Georgia, Ohio State, Cincinnati, and some sort of cannon fodder.

I believe Cincinnati has a good chance. One outlier is if Okl. beats Okl. ST. next week. However Oklahoma isn't getting a lot of love this season they've had so many squeakers against lower teams.

We'll see ?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 05:12 AM)Storer50 Wrote: People are forgetting Alabama and Georgia still play each other. Oregon is out. Ohio state moves to number 2, Alabama at 3,UC at 4. If Georgia beats Bama, Bama is done. No 2 loss team is going to make the playoffs. Final standings Georgia, Ohio State, Cincinnati, and some sort of cannon fodder.

It actually is becoming increasingly likely that a 2 loss team could make the playoffs especially if UC loses either game they have left. After yesterday Bama, OSU, TTUN, ND, OU, and OKSU are 1 loss teams. OSU and TTUN play each other so 1 of them will lose and OU and OKSU play each other perhaps 2 times in a row so at least 1 and maybe both will lose again. Bama will likely lose to Georgia in the SEC title game. Georgia and either OSU/TTUN will be in. Potential exists for UC and ND to be 1 loss. Obviously if UC wins out they will be in but if they do lose than i don't see either them or ND getiing in because of their schedules. I could see Bama, the OSU/TTUN loser or even a 2 loss big 12 champ in over them.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 01:41 PM)cinci4life Wrote: It actually is becoming increasingly likely that a 2 loss team could make the playoffs especially if UC loses either game they have left. After yesterday Bama, OSU, TTUN, ND, OU, and OKSU are 1 loss teams. OSU and TTUN play each other so 1 of them will lose and OU and OKSU play each other perhaps 2 times in a row so at least 1 and maybe both will lose again. Bama will likely lose to Georgia in the SEC title game. Georgia and either OSU/TTUN will be in. Potential exists for UC and ND to be 1 loss. Obviously if UC wins out they will be in but if they do lose than i don't see either them or ND getiing in because of their schedules. I could see Bama, the OSU/TTUN loser or even a 2 loss big 12 champ in over them.

IF OKSU beats OU a couple times; I can see them getting in. If I had to guess today; I'd say:

UGA
OSU
UC
OKST

Does the AAC have a Championship Game and if so, is there a chance for UC to play Houston? They've been impressive since the opening weekend loss to Texas Tech 

Reply/Quote
UC will be playing Houston for the AAC title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Up to 4

Reply/Quote
Rock On

[Image: FE6uNeaX0AEB_6r?format=jpg&name=large]

Reply/Quote
Also…

[Image: FE4_9hmUYAElNZQ?format=jpg&name=large]

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 11:24 PM)cinci4life Wrote: That punt return TD likely ended it already. With everything that's gone down today i could easily see OSU jump to #2 and Bama drop to #3. The only question is will they jump TTUN over UC. 

Well called that one and glad to see they put UC at #4 and not TTUN.
Reply/Quote
How many games left do they need to hold serve? 2?

Really Really want OSU vc UC in the finals
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 11:35 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Well called that one and glad to see they put UC at #4 and not TTUN.

Ok, I have to ask: Who is TTUN?
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 08:17 PM)Earendil Wrote: Ok, I have to ask: Who is TTUN?

It's how OSU fans refer to Michigan:  that team up north.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 08:31 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It's how OSU fans refer to Michigan:  that team up north.

Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 08:17 PM)Earendil Wrote: Ok, I have to ask: Who is TTUN?

(11-24-2021, 08:31 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It's how OSU fans refer to Michigan:  that team up north.

It's what Woody Hayes called them; he'd never acknowledge their name.

If you ever visit the OSU campus the week prior to playing Michigam; you'll see the letter M is crossed off of everything. 

Reply/Quote
Looks like there was a lot of worry about ECU for nothing. They're on to Houston.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote