Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Love for UC?
(11-23-2021, 11:35 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Well called that one and glad to see they put UC at #4 and not TTUN.

I have a feeling they will jump UC now. All UC fans now need to be Wisconsin fans. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well Bama lucked out big time beating Auburn in 4OT thanks in large part to the Auburn RB getting forced out of bounds instead of forcing Bama to use their last TO and giving them too much time. But also Bama getting away with OPI on the tying TD.

My guess is...

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Bama
4. UC
5. tOSU
6. ND
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 09:47 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Well Bama lucked out big time beating Auburn in 4OT thanks in large part to the Auburn RB getting forced out of bounds instead of forcing Bama to use their last TO and giving them too much time. But also Bama getting away with OPI on the tying TD.

My guess is...

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Bama
4. UC
5. tOSU
6. ND

When you say OSU do you mean Ohio State or Oklahoma State/Oklahoma winner? No way Ohio State should/would be #5 .
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 10:00 PM)J24 Wrote: When you say OSU do you mean Ohio State or Oklahoma State/Oklahoma winner? No way Ohio State should/would be #5 .

Ohio State. They lost to the #5 team and it wasn't a blowout. I see no way they drop behind ND nor should they. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 10:32 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Ohio State. They lost to the #5 team and it wasn't a blowout. I see no way they drop behind ND nor should they. 

If OK St beats OK they will and should move ahead of tOSU. Alabama probably goes back to #2, so when UGA beats them next week; they'll "fall" to #4. 

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 10:32 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Ohio State. They lost to the #5 team and it wasn't a blowout. I see no way they drop behind ND nor should they. 

Doesn't matter 2 loses inside the top 10 can drop a team pretty far. I would say they drop all the way to 7 or 8 especially if Oklahoma State beats Oklahoma.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 10:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If OK St beats OK they will and should move ahead of tOSU. Alabama probably goes back to #2, so when UGA beats them next week; they'll "fall" to #4. 

(11-27-2021, 10:57 PM)Synric Wrote: Doesn't matter 2 loses inside the top 10 can drop a team pretty far. I would say they drop all the way to 7 or 8 especially if Oklahoma State beats Oklahoma.

You put Ohio State against ND or the Big12 teams and they beat them all. I'd go as far as to guarantee it. I would hope the committee thinks that way too.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 11:21 PM)cinci4life Wrote: You put Ohio State against ND or the Big12 teams and they beat them all. I'd go as far as to guarantee it. I would hope the committee thinks that way too.

Which is conjecture.

The CFB Committee will weigh wins/losses per a teams schedule. They cannot say whether a team will outright beat another team "just because they are Ohio State".
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 11:21 PM)cinci4life Wrote: You put Ohio State against ND or the Big12 teams and they beat them all. I'd go as far as to guarantee it. I would hope the committee thinks that way too.

I've got a feeling you think/guarantee OSU would beat any PAC 12 team too.. am I right?

Reply/Quote

They have two losses no way should they be in the top 6.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 03:21 AM)J24 Wrote: They have two losses no way should they be in the top 6.

Everyone is too obsessed with the 2 losses. As of right now Bama, TTUN, ND, and OK ST are the only 1 loss teams left in the top 10. ND schedule is weak as hell so even the one loss killed their hopes which would also be UC's problem should they lose to Houston. Bama will lose and likely be destroyed by Georgia knocking them out and back behind OSU again. OK St is playing Baylor for the Big12 and Baylor beat them once already.  TTUN plays Iowa for the Big10 and could be interesting. There is a good possibility to have a 2 loss team in this year and OSU is the best of them. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 08:45 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Everyone is too obsessed with the 2 losses.

Right.  When deciding who is the best team we should just ignore the losses.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 12:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Right.  When deciding who is the best team we should just ignore the losses.

My point is that it’s different this year than in years past due to the lack of 1 loss teams and who one is in ND and who one could be in UC because their weak schedules will keep them out with that loss.
Reply/Quote
Well OSU fell hard much to cini4life's disappointment. UC stays behind Bama despite UC crushing ECU and Bama squeaking out a win. What the committee wants is a UC loss to Houston. But if that doesn't happen this is what they want:

Bama to beat UGA

Michigan to beat Iowa

OK ST to beat Baylor

Then they will be able to "justify":

Mich #1
Bama #2
UGA #3
Ok St #4.

I'm not a huge UC fan, but I'm damn sure pulling for them, so the committee will be exposed. It's all about the $$

Reply/Quote
If Bama beats Georgia, and UC wins, UC would be the only undefeated team in the country. That would be hard to justify leaving UC out.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 09:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well OSU fell hard much to cini4life's disappointment. UC stays behind Bama despite UC crushing ECU and Bama squeaking out a win. What the committee wants is a UC loss to Houston.  But if that doesn't happen this is what they want:

Bama to beat UGA

Michigan to beat Iowa

OK ST to beat Baylor

Mich #1
Bama #2
UGA #3
Ok St #4.

I'm not a huge UC fan, but I'm damn sure pulling for them, so the committee will be exposed. It's all about the $$

And still has a chance to get in if all hell breaks loose this weekend.
Reply/Quote
Why didn’t Fickell work out at tOSU?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 09:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well OSU fell hard much to cini4life's disappointment. UC stays behind Bama despite UC crushing ECU and Bama squeaking out a win. What the committee wants is a UC loss to Houston.  But if that doesn't happen this is what they want:

Bama to beat UGA

Michigan to beat Iowa

OK ST to beat Baylor

Mich #1
Bama #2
UGA #3
Ok St #4.

I'm not a huge UC fan, but I'm damn sure pulling for them, so the committee will be exposed. It's all about the $$

I hope the CFB Playoffs is Georgia - Michigan - UC - OK State.

It's been Bama Clemson Ohio State and Oklahoma dominating the Playoffs spots for several years now. It would be nice to see it completely shaken up.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 07:30 AM)Synric Wrote: I hope the CFB Playoffs is Georgia - Michigan - UC - OK State.

It's been Bama Clemson Ohio State and Oklahoma dominating the Playoffs spots for several years now. It would be nice to see it completely shaken up.

Well ND usually gets in there for a real team to kill them. I'm with you, but if there's one year I'd like to see Notre Dame get in, it's this year. 1st team to win without a coach..

Reply/Quote
Barn burner so far....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote