Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Timetable on when AJ Green will practice
Very obvious AJ doesn’t like Zac doofus Taylor
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 04:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: Because fans irrationally lash out at players based off limited information in their somewhat psychotic desire to win a game they aren't even a part of. Fan is short for fanatic for a reason.

Because I'm not making a distinction here between guys that won't play vs those that cant because they get injured at the drop of a hat. Tired of all of it.

Thanks for your take on it however. I'll be sure to circular file it.

The nerve of fans wanting their team to win or be irritated watching guys make millions to jog on a rehab field.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 02:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

My guess is week 16 against the Dolphins. Week 15 is against the Patriots.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 04:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Players are free to leave when their contracts are up.  I don't blame any player for saying he wants to leave the Bengals because they suck.  That has happened before and it will probably happen again. 

But you can't take $12 million salary this year and just refuse to play.

AJ had every intention of playing until the organization (likely) started screwing with him.

I’ll never blame any player for wanting out of this organization, no matter the timing. It’s warranted
Reply/Quote
Interestingly he got $26.75 million in 2015. He was healthy then and had almost 1300 yards.

Since then:

2016 - Played 10 games. $10 million.
2017 - Played 16 games. 1078 yards. $10.5 million.
2018 - Played 9 games. $10.75 million.
2019 - Played 0 games. $12.176 million.

He's generally underperformed what he's been paid. The majority of his good play was from his rookie contract.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 09:51 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: AJ had every intention of playing until the organization (likely) started screwing with him.

I’ll never blame any player for wanting out of this organization, no matter the timing. It’s warranted

Screwing him how? Not offering enough money for a future contract? What about the current on that hes paid to play under?
Reply/Quote
It's gotta all be about money for Bengals players since they haint gonna win it all here.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 07:55 PM)Trademark Wrote: Very obvious AJ doesn’t like Zac doofus Taylor

AJ said earlier this year that he could play another 8 years in Taylor's offense.  Of course, it wouldn't be hard for him to play another 8 years if all he's going to do is jog on the rehab field.
Reply/Quote
After my company laid me off after 25 years of good,hard work, I don't blame anyone for looking after themselves first. AJ should protect himself from further injury and play for a contender next year. The Bengals are going nowhere and might as well not be a part of the mess.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I wonder how DreK feels about all of this?

He's my go to guy for what I care about and need to know. Rock On
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 12:37 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: After my company laid me off after 25 years of good,hard work, I don't blame anyone for looking after themselves first. AJ should protect himself from further injury and play for a contender next year. The Bengals are going nowhere and might as well not be a part of the mess.

$12,000,000/yr. And he hasn't played for a year.
Some of the reason they're going nowhere is they can't get the players they're paying onto the field.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 09:31 AM)R3stangs Wrote: $12,000,000/yr. And he hasn't played for a year.
Some of the reason they're going nowhere is they can't get the players they're paying onto the field.

His cap hit is even higher because the 12 million does not factor in a huge signing bonus the pro rated over life of contract.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 03:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is one of those situations where it is bad no matter how you view it.

If he really is ready to play then he has gone from what I considered to be one of the classier guys on the team to a selfish jerk.

If he really is not ready to play then he will probably never again be the player he once was. He had several months to recover from his injury last year, but could not make it through a simple no-contact practice without suffering another serious (probably season ending) injury. Guys his age (especially wide receivers) just don't come back from something like that.

Fred, what was AJ’s diagnosis? How much needed to be repaired with surgery? What is the prognosis for the typical patient that had the same surgery for the same injury?

Just three questions fans don’t have the answers to, yet some speculate he is being a selfish jerk. And you claim you only make statements based upon facts.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 10:41 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Screwing him how? Not offering enough money for a future contract? What about the current on that hes paid to play under?

Screwing him as in lowballing him like they did Whitworth. I’m going to guess that what they offered him was almost insulting. AJ has been a model citizen and player for this franchise, one of the very few who has consistently said he wants to be here for his entire career.

I’m sure he would have gladly met them halfway and taken a team friendly deal. If the FO wants to repay him with a laughable offer, then I don’t blame him for protecting his health for another team next year.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 11:18 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Screwing him as in lowballing him like they did Whitworth. I’m going to guess that what they offered him was almost insulting. AJ has been a model citizen and player for this franchise, one of the very few who has consistently said he wants to be here for his entire career.

I’m sure he would have gladly met them halfway and taken a team friendly deal. If the FO wants to repay him with a laughable offer, then I don’t blame him for protecting his health for another team next year
So they should break the bank for a guy who can't/won't (read however you want) get on the field? Whats a reasonable offer in that case? Pretty sure you have no idea what they're offering or what hes asking so how can you state they're being unreasonable?

He's been payed extremely well to play, which he hasn't done. His injury history is alarming and if he can't overcome them any quicker than this, then how do you justify tying up that much cash in a player that likely won't even play. Too many other holes on this team that need addressing. 

And just my humble opinion, paying a player $12+mil for a year of 0 production is what I call unreasonable. 
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 03:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is one of those situations where it is bad no matter how you view it.

If he really is ready to play then he has gone from what I considered to be one of the classier guys on the team to a selfish jerk.

If he really is not ready to play then he will probably never again be the player he once was.  He had several months to recover from his injury last year, but could not make it through a simple no-contact practice without suffering another serious (probably season ending) injury.  Guys his age (especially wide receivers) just don't come back from something like that.

I think if it wasn't a contract year, he would be on the field. I just think he is afraid to reinjure it and need another surgery going into his next contract. I really don't think there is any more to it than that.
Reply/Quote

If he really is not ready to play then he will probably never again be the player he once was.  He had several months to recover from his injury last year, but could not make it through a simple no-contact practice without suffering another serious (probably season ending) injury.  Guys his age (especially wide receivers) just don't come back from something like that.

I think the ankle has probably gone bad.  Could be a botched surgery, could be his age and the recovery time, who knows?  He has already said that the ankle has swelled up on him in practice.  Hasn't practiced since.  Rather than let other possible suitors know his condition, he will attempt to keep his value maximized by saying next to nothing.  It's probably in the Bengals best interests not to let the cat out of the bag either.  

If he was refusing to play, why continue to pay him this year?  I would think the Bengals would've called him out by now, especially with all the bad press they've got this year from the constant losing.

They're just waiting and hoping he gets better.  I really have my doubts at this point.  If I was the Bengals, I would concentrate on an incentive based contract at this point in an attempt to keep him.  It think it would be risky to the rebuild if AJ sucked up a bunch of cap space and couldn't stay on the field.  That said, AJ will want the guaranteed money and will most likely be playing somewhere else next season.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 11:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think if it wasn't a contract year, he would be on the field. I just think he is afraid to reinjure it and need another surgery going into his next contract. I really don't think there is any more to it than that.

So IF we were 7-2 would he not come back? Or do you think being 0-9 plays into that?
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 12:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So IF we were 7-2 would he not come back? Or do you think being 0-9 plays into that?

If I were a part of the front office and intended to sign AJ to an extension I wouldn’t want him to play until he was 100% recovered at 0-9. If they were at 7-2 and had shot at a Super Bowl run, I would want him out there as soon as he could tolerate the pain of playing.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 12:37 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: After my company laid me off after 25 years of good,hard work, I don't blame anyone for looking after themselves first. AJ should protect himself from further injury and play for a contender next year. The Bengals are going nowhere and might as well not be a part of the mess.

I don’t know why more people don’t understand this.
Reply/Quote