Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Timetable on when AJ Green will practice
(11-13-2019, 09:51 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: AJ had every intention of playing until the organization (likely) started screwing with him.

I’ll never blame any player for wanting out of this organization, no matter the timing. It’s warranted

The Bengals pay AJ 15 million per year. He has only played 18 of the last 44 games. Tell us again who is screwing who. The Bengals have made AJ a rich man( I know any of the other 31 teams would have too). The team probably dragged their feet a little because of his injury history but I believe AJ will find there are few teams who will pony up as much as MB will for an oft injured 32 year old WR.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 12:57 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I don’t know why more people don’t understand this.

Because the situations are not remotely comparable. Do I blame AJ for looking out for himself..no, I can understand that if he's truly still injured. If he's healthy then he should be playing regardless the record as that the  job he's paid to do.

And at the end of the day, he's been paid a lot of money for doing nothing. What I don't understand is everyone who believes AJ is the one being screwed because he's not being offered a truckload of money for playing in the future given the recent history. 
Reply/Quote
Tiger
To all those in this thread that have wished AJ well with his new team next year---Pump yo brakes!

2 words for ya:

Franchise Tag. You think the Bengals won't do it???
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
At this point I’d franchise tag AJ and not feel bad about it at all.
Reply/Quote
The saddest thing is our #1 receiver has more value now NOT playing than being on the field playing.

how 'bout those golden goose eggs.
Reply/Quote
I was nearly certain AJ wasn't going to play again once Dalton got benched. That's his guy. Always has been. They'll be together again soon.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 02:57 AM)PlayadLc Wrote: At this point I’d franchise tag AJ and not feel bad about it at all.

Why? We should all want our great players to be free from this dumpster fire.

Reply/Quote
If they franchise AJ then and only then can they get anything for him. The problem is will MB give 18 million for that right to trade him when he may just sit as a disgruntled player again next year. AJ is going to have a hard time trying to find a team that will pay him 18 mil because of his recent issues with his foot and ankle.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 10:47 AM)jj22 Wrote: I was nearly certain AJ wasn't going to play again once Dalton got benched. That's his guy. Always has been. They'll be together again soon.

In Heaven?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 12:32 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: In Heaven?

Well I guess you can say so figuratively. Anything away from the Bengals seems like Heaven if you let other players who have escaped tell it.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 10:49 AM)jj22 Wrote: Why? We should all want our great players to be free from this dumpster fire.

:andy: :andy: :andy:

This is not turning around with Zack ( feel sorry he walked into this mess) and current staff.

Franchise is finished in Cincy unless they hire a credible coach like an Arians who can bring in a new staff of successful coaches and change scouting resources and otherwise bring franchise into the modern reality of the NFL.

It won't happen and because of that any decent player should get out ASAP.

Best of luck to AJ and thanks for being such a great player and good role model.

Best wishes to all the nice people on this board that have made posting and reading much more informed comments than mine the only good thing about being a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
At first I really wanted to give AJ the benefit of doubt, but now im convinced that he's quit on this team just like Cordy Glenn did.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 01:10 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: At first I really wanted to give AJ the benefit of doubt, but now im convinced that he's quit on this team just like Cordy Glenn did.

Looking more and more like it everyday. 

Reply/Quote
Another 3rd round comp coming soon
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 03:49 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Another 3rd round comp coming soon

I don't think that's an option because of AJ's age and teams likely won't sign him to big money deal. Pick likely will be lower.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 03:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't think that's an option because of AJ's age and teams likely won't sign him to big money deal. Pick likely will be lower.

Any player that accrues 10+ seasons only qualifies for a Max 5th round comp pick.  This is AJ's 9th season, so he counts as normal for comp picks.  I'm with you that nobody is giving him a big contract, though.  Guy has missed 17 weeks and counting with a sprained ankle.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 04:11 PM)Whatever Wrote: Any player that accrues 10+ seasons only qualifies for a Max 5th round comp pick.  This is AJ's 9th season, so he counts as normal for comp picks.  I'm with you that nobody is giving him a big contract, though.  Guy has missed 17 weeks and counting with a sprained ankle.

How many months did Rich Braham miss with a bruise?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 10:47 AM)jj22 Wrote: I was nearly certain AJ wasn't going to play again once Dalton got benched. That's his guy. Always has been. They'll be together again soon.

If you feel that way then you have a much lower opinion of AJ than I. Ryan is out there playing for his future and if AJ is not willing to help him because we benched the 29th rated QB in the NFL (aka his guy) then I'll slot him in the punk category. But I don't think he is.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 05:12 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How many months did Rich Braham miss with a bruise?

Braham retired due to a tibial fracture that was reported as a bone bruise in his knee.  
Reply/Quote