Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Timetable on when AJ Green will practice
(11-15-2019, 06:01 PM)Whatever Wrote: Braham retired due to a tibial fracture that was reported as a bone bruise in his knee.  

When and how did you find out Braham wasn’t another player milking his injury?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 07:20 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: When and how did you find out Braham wasn’t another player milking his injury?

It's pretty obvious Braham wasn't milking his injury, because it turned out to be career ending.  

“For me, I can’t go out there when I'm not 100 percent. It makes no sense for me to put myself in that situation to where I can have another time hurting (it), just like I did my toe,” Green said. “It's all about make sure I'm taking care of myself first. Everything else comes after that.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/11/07/aj-green-injury-cincinnati-bengals/2523865001/

He has stated that he will not play unless he is 100% and that he is going to take care of himself first.  It doesn't get much more cut and dry than that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 08:04 PM)Whatever Wrote: It's pretty obvious Braham wasn't milking his injury, because it turned out to be career ending.  

“For me, I can’t go out there when I'm not 100 percent. It makes no sense for me to put myself in that situation to where I can have another time hurting (it), just like I did my toe,” Green said. “It's all about make sure I'm taking care of myself first. Everything else comes after that.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/11/07/aj-green-injury-cincinnati-bengals/2523865001/

He has stated that he will not play unless he is 100% and that he is going to take care of himself first.  It doesn't get much more cut and dry than that.

It was obvious he wasn’t milking his bruise during the season?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 09:00 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It was obvious he wasn’t milking his bruise during the season?

No, because a bone bruise can take years to heal. He also wasn't negotiating an extension at the time.  He also wasn't essentially telling the media he could play if he wanted but was looking out for #1.
Reply/Quote
AJ Green's time playing for the Bungles is done.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 09:40 PM)Whatever Wrote: No, because a bone bruise can take years to heal. He also wasn't negotiating an extension at the time.  He also wasn't essentially telling the media he could play if he wanted but was looking out for #1.

A bone bruise typically heals in 4-8 weeks or less than half the time AJ has been out with surgery.

You had no idea the extent of Braham’s injury during the season any more than you do AJ’s thus you have no idea what his prognosis is. But, you can prove me that wrong by telling me which ligament he had repaired and whether or not there was an associated fracture with the ligament rupture. So?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 12:57 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: A bone bruise typically heals in 4-8 weeks or less than half the time AJ has been out with surgery.

You had no idea the extent of Braham’s injury during the season any more than you do AJ’s thus you have no idea what his prognosis is. But, you can prove me that wrong by telling me which ligament he had repaired and whether or not there was an associated fracture with the ligament rupture. So?

Bone bruises can take up to 2 years to heal.  The most lengthy recovery time for a high ankle sprain is 3 months.  AJ is past 4 months now.

X-rays came back negative in AJ's, so no fractures.  Post op, he was expected to a few games, not over half the season.  If his prognosis was missing more than 8 games, they would have put him on IR with a return designation.

In Braham's case, he never made it back onto the practice field from his injury.  AJ returns to practice, then stops practicing all together, rinse and repeat.  He returned to practice on October 10th, over a month ago, and still hasn't gotten back on the field.  

If you want to stick your head in the sand, go for it.  Whether anybody thought Braham was milking an Injury or not has absolutely no bearing on whether AJ currently is or not.  That's just a straw man you've set up to knock down.  You'd think you'd learn after you died on Cordy Glenn's hill.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 01:47 AM)Whatever Wrote: Bone bruises can take up to 2 years to heal.  The most lengthy recovery time for a high ankle sprain is 3 months.  AJ is past 4 months now.

X-rays came back negative in AJ's, so no fractures.  Post op, he was expected to a few games, not over half the season.  If his prognosis was missing more than 8 games, they would have put him on IR with a return designation.

In Braham's case, he never made it back onto the practice field from his injury.  AJ returns to practice, then stops practicing all together, rinse and repeat.  He returned to practice on October 10th, over a month ago, and still hasn't gotten back on the field.  

If you want to stick your head in the sand, go for it.  Whether anybody thought Braham was milking an Injury or not has absolutely no bearing on whether AJ currently is or not.  That's just a straw man you've set up to knock down.  You'd think you'd learn after you died on Cordy Glenn's hill.

Braham had a bone bruise therefore his x-rays were negative, also. Until they weren’t. The team never announced Braham had a tibial plateau fracture. Braham told the media after the season was over. Point being you don’t know AJ’s diagnosis or prognosis the same way you didn’t know Braham’s.

Again, bone bruises typically heal in 1-2 months with rest only. It’s highly unusual and completely out of the norm for a bone bruise to take up to 96 weeks longer to heal than most complete fractures. The fact you’re using an atypical recovery time just indicates that injuries can and do take longer than expected to heal.

Tyler Eifert is a good example. He suffered an ankle injury in January 2016. It didn’t heal as expected with conservative treatment so he had surgery in May 2016. He didn’t make his season debut until the end of October or 5 months after surgery. I guess he was milking his injury, too?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 10:44 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Braham had a bone bruise therefore his x-rays were negative, also. Until they weren’t. The team never announced Braham had a tibial plateau fracture. Braham told the media after the season was over. Point being you don’t know AJ’s diagnosis or prognosis the same way you didn’t know Braham’s.

Again, bone bruises typically heal in 1-2 months with rest only. It’s highly unusual and completely out of the norm for a bone bruise to take up to 96 weeks longer to heal than most complete fractures. The fact you’re using an atypical recovery time just indicates that injuries can and do take longer than expected to heal.

Tyler Eifert is a good example. He suffered an ankle injury in January 2016. It didn’t heal as expected with conservative treatment so he had surgery in May 2016. He didn’t make his season debut until the end of October or 5 months after surgery. I guess he was milking his injury, too?

Dude, I'm not going to debate a series of straw man arguments.  The fact of the matter is that there is much more evidence to indicate AJ can play, but isn't based on his interviews, contract negotiations, practice habits, and typical recovery time.  You keep setting up straw men and trying to put the burden of proof entirely on me because we both that you cannot empirically prove your arguments, either.  

At the end of the day, there is a lot more to 
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 12:59 PM)Whatever Wrote: Dude, I'm not going to debate a series of straw man arguments.  The fact of the matter is that there is much more evidence to indicate AJ can play, but isn't based on his interviews, contract negotiations, practice habits, and typical recovery time.  You keep setting up straw men and trying to put the burden of proof entirely on me because we both that you cannot empirically prove your arguments, either.  

My point is unless you have accurate information you can’t predict a prognosis as evidenced by Braham. Also, injuries don’t always heal as quickly as predicted as evidenced by Eifert. These aren’t strawman arguments, but real world examples from this team. Also, if AJ’s ankle was swollen after practicing then rest is what is indicated because if he continued to practice the repaired ligaments could heal stretched out leading to chronic instability and need for further repair. Plus he returned too soon from the turf toe injury last year, injured the toe in his first game back, which then required season ending surgery. Why would he risk further injury and possibly more surgery for a 0-9 season? That would be stupid. Look what happened with Tua Tagovailoa today; comes back from high ankle sprain surgery too early, gets tackled during a play the defenders normally wouldn’t get to him if he was healthy, and suffers a potentially career ending hip dislocation.

But, you can always prove me wrong by telling me which ligament was repaired because the prognosis for a deltoid repair is different than an anterior talofibular repair. But, we both know you can’t because you don’t know the diagnosis which means you don’t know the prognosis. Hell, Taylor told the media this week they didn’t know the prognosis.
Reply/Quote
I feel like IF we had a shot at the playoffs he'd probably play, but 0-9 with some swelling...he's not going to play.

Heck Tua got out there and played a few weeks after surgery. Probably not smart, but gutsy.
Reply/Quote
I don't blame Green at all. I hope he lands with a contender. He deserves to.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
He will be out there day 1 for his new team I'd wager.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 12:59 PM)Whatever Wrote: Dude, I'm not going to debate a series of straw man arguments.  The fact of the matter is that there is much more evidence to indicate AJ can play, but isn't based on his interviews, contract negotiations, practice habits, and typical recovery time.  You keep setting up straw men and trying to put the burden of proof entirely on me because we both that you cannot empirically prove your arguments, either.  

If Green was milking the injury then why even return to practice?

The fact is you have no idea what is gouinbg on with his ankle.  
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 04:05 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: All fair points except for this. At what point will it stop being the players fault for wanting out and the owners fault for driving them away? At what point, Fred?

If you collect a check then it’s on you to play if you can.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 09:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like IF we had a shot at the playoffs he'd probably play, but 0-9 with some swelling...he's not going to play.

Heck Tua got out there and played a few weeks after surgery. Probably not smart, but gutsy.

How'd that work out for him? Gutsy, yes.... AJ knows for well the same thing could happen to him, especially if he is playing at less than 100%.
Reply/Quote
I don't really buy into the AJ conspiracy theories. It's not that hard to believe that he's just not able to play.

At this point, I'm not real sure that I want to give him a multi-year deal at top WR money. Players his age like Dez Bryant and Demariyus Thomas are basically done. It's not a stretch to think that AJ may be, too. I'd be shocked if he takes the field this year. He's just not a guy I want to depend on to be the best player on the team anymore. Not at 18 or so mil per season.

You can cite Fitzgerald al you want, but Fitzgerald has been available into his later years. He doesn't miss a lot of games. Apples to oranges, really.

This team needs to get serious move on. It needs to draft better players and find a new core of talent. They can't just keep clinging to their security blanket of 2015-era talent because they trust it. All this does is prolong the rebuild. They need to do their jobs, learn how to evaluate talent, and build a roster for the future instead of trying to keep one from a half-decade ago.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 04:04 PM)samhain Wrote: I don't really buy into the AJ conspiracy theories.    

You can cite Fitzgerald al you want, but Fitzgerald has been available into his later years.  He doesn't miss a lot of games.  Apples to oranges, really.

Fitzgerald also has played under a series of on year contracts of 11mil per season. This gave the team options if his age dropped him off the cliff. I don't know but I would say that most players want to maximize their earnings on their last contract. If this is AJ's plan then he won't be a Bengal next year unless he is franchised. The 18 mil for the tag would show that the FO didn't give up on him and give AJ a "prove it" year. 
Reply/Quote
I think AJ is more upset internally than many realize with the benching of Dalton and how the team has handled various player situations. Both Green and Dalton walked into the league as a duo and the duo has brought 5 playoff teams to this team. He probably isn't all that happy with how management has handled every situation with players. Look how they have handled Preston, Glenn, and Dalton. Look how they went into the season with only two experienced LB, lack of depth at OL, etc... If I was Green I would also sit to save myself for next year and hopefully a new team. The Bengals organization has shown one thing this year, its lack of ability to actually want to be competitive and its lack of knowlege of how to build a championship team.

Its all do to bad coaching and front office management decisions.
Reply/Quote
If we continue to start Finley it's clear we are trying to lose so AJ staying on the sidelines becomes Aok in my eyes.
Reply/Quote