Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Timetable on when AJ Green will practice
(11-20-2019, 10:52 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: So far the last three and a half years he has earned 1.6 million for every start. Don't you feel sorry for him. Doesn't that make you want to call MB a miser for not resigning this diva and his coming out party. He has made 90mil while here and has been paid well. While I don't know what the negotiations were I believe AJ should sign a team friendly deal if he wants to be here . If not seeya.

Regardless of money, it's hard to trust an aging WR who has only played 40% of games over the past three years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 11:40 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: I believe AJ will not play this year and will be looking for a new team in 2020. He is not going to risk further injury for a lost season. He will move on and the Bengals will get absolutely nothing for it. It truly is baffling how inept this franchise is.

Absolutely this. All I'll say is the injury is unfortunate timing in terms of allowing the Bengals to get something for Green. But we are very inept that's for sure. If Green has any sense he would bail on us and try for some late career success elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
At this point, I'm not sure anyone cares or it matters if AJ is going to play other than if he is healthy again.
Reply/Quote
Just put him on IR. Work on that long term deal. Have a veteran WR there for your #1 draft pick QB to throw to.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 10:52 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: So far the last three and a half years he has earned 1.6 million for every start. Don't you feel sorry for him. Doesn't that make you want to call MB a miser for not resigning this diva and his coming out party. He has made 90mil while here and has been paid well. While I don't know what the negotiations were I believe AJ should sign a team friendly deal if he wants to be here . If not seeya.

Diva?
Reply/Quote
its safe at this point to stop wasting that fantasy football roster spot for hope of his return
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 11:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: its safe at this point to stop wasting that fantasy football roster spot for hope of his return

Tell me about it! I wish they'd keep him listed as out so I could leave him on IR.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
If AJ is still hurt then his injury history is too alarming to spend the money he seems to want, and he leaves.

If AJ isn't hurt then his attitude dictates not spending the money he seems to want.

Either way its time to part ways. We need players who actually go onto the field.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 11:39 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Diva?

Missing 10 games with a sprained ankle = Diva. At this point the best AJ can hope for is that the Bengals Franchise him(approx. 18mil). If he would have played and got injured or the ankle doesn't come around then the team would probably not franchise him= Diva. Signing a 60 million contract and refusing to do anything to earn a new contract= Diva. 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 11:31 AM)GreenDragon Wrote: Just put him on IR.  Work on that long term deal. Have a veteran WR there for your #1 draft pick QB to throw to.

Their is no guarantee that AJ will ever be what he was before or stay off the injury report. There are other WRs who be more viable options at a lower price and injury concern. I believe the team has info on the injury. Either they know the severity and don't want to risk as much as AJ is asking for or that he is being a diva because he didn't get resigned last offseason. In either case don't expect AJ to return next year. I would like to believe that NO other team will give AJ a contract as generous as MB would. He is loyal to a fault to his own players.
Reply/Quote
Yea I think its safe to say AJ isn't thrilled about playing here anymore.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 11:27 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: At this point, I'm not sure anyone cares or it matters if AJ is going to play other than if he is healthy again.

I think people would care...sort of...we are 0-10 so any amount of caring has been beaten out of the fanbase by now.  With Ross and now AJ it just sort of comes down to "I assume you aren't going to be there, so only notify me if that changes."

(11-20-2019, 02:48 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Yea I think its safe to say AJ isn't thrilled about playing here anymore.

Who but the most staunch "Team first no matter what" types could blame him?  He seemed a lot more into staying here before the contract stuff (money changes everything, as Cyndi Lauper would sing) and team-friendly Dalton getting sent to the bench so we could watch Finley hang his WRs out to dry and complete 4 out of 10 passes.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 02:48 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Yea I think its safe to say AJ isn't thrilled about playing here anymore.

Well it seems like forever since he has played here. If he hasn't played by the end of the year he will have been gone a year and a half so you can't say we will really miss him.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 02:53 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Well it seems like forever since he has played here. If he hasn't played by the end of the year he will have been gone a year and a half so you can't say we will really miss him.

That's where the whole non-trade comes into play.  Again, we could still trade him and there is no hard evidence anyone offered anything earth shattering for him, but if we turned down compensation for a guy who hasn't played in a year and doesn't want to be here...ouch.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 02:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's where the whole non-trade comes into play.  Again, we could still trade him and there is no hard evidence anyone offered anything earth shattering for him, but if we turned down compensation for a guy who hasn't played in a year and doesn't want to be here...ouch.

I guess if there were teams who would give not only a draft pick but pay his one mil per game salary for a aging player that hadn't played in a year and would be a free agent at the end of the season then that would have been stupid. But there is no proof of that happening. In fact it is highly unlikely.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 03:02 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I guess if there were teams who would give not only a draft pick but pay his one mil per game salary for a aging player that hadn't played in a year and would be a free agent at the end of the season then that would have been stupid. But there is no proof of that happening. In fact it is highly unlikely.

We will see.  When I look at the way the Bengals have performed as a team and the way MB has handled the criticism I can't help but suspect that "sitting out on the Bengals" might be completely excusable and understandable to other franchises and players.

I know I'm down on Finley and it's not his fault, but choosing to start him has led me to no longer really getting on AJ's case about not seeing the point of being on the field.  It's only been 2 games but right now we are the only team that voluntarily benched a competent starting QB in order to play a QB who is in way over his head and is playing "you must bench this guy" football.
Reply/Quote
It's time to cut ties with him.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 02:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's where the whole non-trade comes into play.  Again, we could still trade him and there is no hard evidence anyone offered anything earth shattering for him, but if we turned down compensation for a guy who hasn't played in a year and doesn't want to be here...ouch.

Im sure a year or two later we'll find out that a team offered us a higher round pick for AJ meanwhile he's off somewhere else enjoying success he'd never get here.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 03:16 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Im sure a year or two later we'll find out that a team offered us a higher round pick for AJ meanwhile he's off somewhere else enjoying success he'd never get here.

Unless he goes to the Steelers, I wouldn't get mad at that.  Well, I'd get mad at us turning down a pick for him, but after the McCarron thing I've lost all faith in MB thinking anything FO-related is even worth his time.  
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 10:08 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If he can’t pass a physical then he isn’t milking his injury. If he is milking his injury, as you claim,  then he should be able to pass a physical. And trades are contingent upon players passing a physical, but teams can waive that clause. So if a team did trade picks for AJ and he failed the physical then the trade is void and the other team would retain their picks. Plus there aren’t any medical standards to NFL physicals. So that’s why Drew Brees flunked the Dolphins physical and passed the Saints physical. And if a team wants to pass a player who failed the physical they will, e.g. Brett Favre, Green Bay Packers, avascular necrosis of the hip.

How long has it been since the trade deadline there genius?
Reply/Quote