Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
No suspension for Burfict, but possible fine(s) will be handed down.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1051898872442839041

"#Bengals oft-suspended LB Vontaze Burfict is not expected to be suspended for his actions on Sunday, but I’m told there are several plays that will be reviewed for a potential fine. Presumably, one is an elbow to @AB84’s head."
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 03:23 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1051898872442839041

"#Bengals oft-suspended LB Vontaze Burfict is not expected to be suspended for his actions on Sunday, but I’m told there are several plays that will be reviewed for a potential fine. Presumably, one is an elbow to @AB84’s head."

... which was actually to his back; My dad is completely neutral/dislike on Burfict and he even he said it was to his back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Is this some kind of a joke? He led with his shoulder and barely grazed him with an elbow. Exactly what is he supposed to do? Play with a f#@king jetpack attached to his back so that he can break the laws of physics and stop on a dime? Their players were throwing headlock type of stuff at Bengal skill guys...and they're actually looking into an elbow grazing? Absolutely RIDICULOUS.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 03:23 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1051898872442839041

"#Bengals oft-suspended LB Vontaze Burfict is not expected to be suspended for his actions on Sunday, but I’m told there are  several plays that will be reviewed for a potential fine. Presumably, one is an elbow to @AB84’s head."

Now I know why I never go near Twitter.  Too many ***** morons on there.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I will be honest here, I wasn't overly thrilled with the way he played yesterday. Within the first 3 minutes of the game, I saw him leading with his helmet, but thank god he whiffed. I love #55, but trying to do the "kill shot" hurt us yesterday. No penalties were called, but he missed a few tackles by lowering his helmet. Only on McDonald did he trying to high on the tackle and forgot to wrap up.
On the Brown play, I don't think he should be fined, but needs to clean that up.
Reply/Quote
Browns not the one that took the worst of the hit. That's the hit that hurt Bates.

Look. This isn't Burfict of 2012-1015. He's not even all that good anymore. More trouble and suspensions then he's worth at this point in his declining career.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 03:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: Browns not the one that took the worst of the hit. That's the hit that hurt Bates.

Very true
Reply/Quote

"#Bengals oft-suspended LB Vontaze Burfict is not expected to be suspended for his actions on Sunday, but I’m told there are  several plays that will be reviewed for a potential fine. Presumably, one is an elbow to @AB84’s head."

I watch almost every NFL game every week. These plays happen in almost every game, it is football and a legal hit to a ball carrier. It amazes me two Steelers admit to headhunting after Shazier got hurt a year ago (actually is illegal and players are subject to be suspended), but not one mention of it on National News or during game yesterday, they frickin admitted it.

NFL has gone way too soft, but bigger issue is they are inconsistent applying the rules, big stars like Ben and Brady are coddled while guys like Dalton get abused and no flags.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 03:29 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Is this some kind of a joke? He led with his shoulder and barely grazed him with an elbow. Exactly what is he supposed to do? Play with a f#@king jetpack attacked to his back so that he can break the laws of physics and stop on a dime? Their players were throwing headlock type of stuff at Bengal skill guys...and they're actually looking into an elbow grazing? Absolutely RIDICULOUS.

Stoolers own the bungles,its a fact,until marvin lewis is fired and mike brown steps down and this whole organization hires a real coaching staff this city will suffer losing season forever and this is going to be one of them.Marvin cost us this game,poor time management and punting on 4th and 1 and t Austin is a dumb ass the way he coaches this defense.what a joke,cannot lose at home to stoolers.totally unacceptable.another losing season,they are going to get hammered at chiefs,saints,ravens,stoolers last game and probably at the browns. that's five more losses. could easily be and 8 and 8 season,not enough top players and just terrible coaching every game,fire marvin someone please.
Reply/Quote
antonio brown is a wimp.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Why the hell is this even a issue? He grazed him with his damn elbow. Seriously WTF. Fans, media, or whatever please move on.
Reply/Quote
'But but but his dirty cheapshot days are behind him!' said the Burfict faithful.

Whatever, once a dirty player, always a dirty player.

Sooner he is off this team the better the Bengals will be in the long run.

[Image: Tez.jpg]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 05:34 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: antonio brown is a wimp.

Yeah and Bates too. What a va-j-j
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 04:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I watch almost every NFL game every week. These plays happen in almost every game, it is football and a legal hit to a ball carrier. It amazes me two Steelers admit to headhunting after Shazier got hurt a year ago (actually is illegal and players are subject to be suspended), but not one mention of it on National News or during game yesterday, they frickin admitted it.

NFL has gone way too soft, but bigger issue is they are inconsistent applying the rules, big stars like Ben and Brady are coddled while guys like Dalton get abused and no flags.

This is indeed the main issue. People would not get upset about the refs if they applied the rules consistently. And then they always have to have someone trying to explain how their blown call was somehow not blown. And as dumb as their pick play explanation was it pales in comparison to their spin on why Shazier was not flagged in the playoff games for what was literally textbook spearing on Gio. 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 06:28 PM)Millhouse Wrote: 'But but but his dirty cheapshot days are behind him!' said the Burfict faithful.

Whatever, once a dirty player, always a dirty player.

Sooner he is off this team the better the Bengals will be in the long run.

[Image: Tez.jpg]
Looking at this, he actually hits him on the yellow stripes of his sleeve.....  Still his head down
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 03:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: He's not even all that good anymore. 

This year he is averaging 7.5 tackles per game.  That would be 120 for a full season which would place him in the top 10 (or very close) in the league.

Project his numbers last year over a full season and he finishes in the top 15 in the league in both solo tackles and total tackles. 

Do the same thing for 2016 and he is second in solo tackles and 4th in total tackles.

[Image: 5bbc0e397fad4a544462fd726b08c5b8.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 03:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: Browns not the one that took the worst of the hit. That's the hit that hurt Bates.

Look. This isn't Burfict of 2012-1015. He's not even all that good anymore. More trouble and suspensions then he's worth at this point in his declining career.

Actually it looks like Bates hurts himself with a helmet to helmet with AB. 

VB is good at the worst/ great at the best; but the point of asking if he's worth it is legit. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 06:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually it looks like Bates hurts himself with a helmet to helmet with AB. 

VB is good at the worst/ great at the best; but the point of asking if he's worth it is legit. 

It’s funny that everyone who looks at it whines about Burfucts brush and not Bates. Neither was illegal, but one was a lot more violent, and correct. If anything hurt Bates it’s his collision with Brown.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 06:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: This is indeed the main issue. People would not get upset about the refs if they applied the rules consistently. And then they always have to have someone trying to explain how their blown call was somehow not blown. And as dumb as their pick play explanation was it pales in comparison to their spin on why Shazier was not flagged in the playoff games for what was literally textbook spearing on Gio. 

I still don't get how Bernard was considered a runner on that play. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 06:31 PM)motoarch Wrote: Yeah and Bates too.  What a va-j-j

poor sarcasm, if you think A. brown isn't a wuss relative to other players. Without his speed, what is he. Just a whiner.
Reply/Quote