Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Normal People Sitting In The Handicapped Section
Is the problem that you're not able to get seats at all, or just that you don't like the seats that are available? Because I don't think the Bengals are obligated to hold a good seat for you at a sold-out game just because of your handicap.
Reply/Quote
[Image: wheelchair-oj-simpson.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 07:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Since the season is over, I think I'm going to get a local news station or two to do a story on all you able-bodied pricks that steal the seats in the crippled section.

I know some people don't/won't care, but hopefully it frees up more tickets for people like me.

I also know that some people buy them by "accident" Rolleyes so hopefully a news story would motivate them to be a little more aware of what they're doing when they buy tickets.

Good idea?

Interview your fellow cripples and see what's ailing them.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Gotta lover responses like this from people who think they're too good for the thread or that the thread's stupid and they can't add anything to it.

My point was we simply went through this whole thing last year, you wrote to the team and then posted they took care of you. Now you're complaining again and going to call the news media. Are there people who sit in the handicapped section who don't need to, probably. Are there people sitting there with disabilities you can't see, looking like they are having a blast enjoying the game, most definitely. Are there handicapped people who buy season tickets then selling them on stub hub, probably. You have your seats, enjoy the game and quit worrying about everyone else. 
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 09:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: My point was we simply went through this whole thing last year, you wrote to the team and then posted they took care of you. Now you're complaining again and going to call the news media. Are there people who sit in the handicapped section who don't need to, probably. Are there people sitting there with disabilities you can't see, looking like they are having a blast enjoying the game, most definitely. Are there handicapped people who buy season tickets then selling them on stub hub, probably. You have your seats, enjoy the game and quit worrying about everyone else. 

I could only get two tickets, which it's kind of lame to watch the game with only one other person. 

Even if it was as enjoyable for me, what about all the people with disabilities that wanted to go to the game but couldn't because of all the normal people that bought those tickets? I'm not supposed to care because I got to go?

What if a family has someone that's severely disabled and going to a game might be one of the only times they get to get out of the house and enjoy time out, I'm not supposed to care because I got to go?

Typical ableist thought.........

(01-30-2023, 11:59 PM)Roland Wrote: Is the problem that you're not able to get seats at all, or just that you don't like the seats that are available?  Because I don't think the Bengals are obligated to hold a good seat for you at a sold-out game just because of your handicap.

Correction, THEY ARE OBLIGATED BY LAW to reserve handicapped seats for people with disabilities.

I got two seats but the problem was that I could only get two because ableist think it's funny to buy tickets in that section because they don't think people with disabilities are worthy of respect. They were on the visitor's side, which also sucked.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 04:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I could only get two tickets, which it's kind of lame to watch the game with only one other person. 

Even if it was as enjoyable for me, what about all the people with disabilities that wanted to go to the game but couldn't because of all the normal people that bought those tickets? I'm not supposed to care because I got to go?

What if a family has someone that's severely disabled and going to a game might be one of the only times they get to get out of the house and enjoy time out, I'm not supposed to care because I got to go?

Correction, THEY ARE OBLIGATED BY LAW to reserve handicapped seats for people with disabilities.

I got two seats but the problem was that I could only get two because ableist think it's funny to buy tickets in that section because they don't think people with disabilities are worthy of respect. They were on the visitor's side, which also sucked.

You don't even see the irony of what you are typing. You are complaining there are too many able-bodied people sitting in the handicapped section, so people who actually need those seats can go and enjoy the game. Legitimate complaint. Then in the same breath, you are complaining they didn't give you enough tickets so you could take two extra abled bodied people, besides the extra person who you could go with, who don't need to sit in the handicapped section, which in turn means 3 other people who need the handicapped section can't get those seats. You lost your high ground right there. You want more able bodied people in the handicapped section.... as long as they are part of your party. Sorry Brad, that's messed up.
Reply/Quote
There is no good way to police this. I’d avoid trying to get a news story because it could well have unintended consequences. Sure, maybe some people will see it and feel bad and stop. I’d bet more aholes will see it and realize how nobody can stop them from getting those seats and start to buy them.

It never crossed my mind to even attempt to get handicapped seats until you started posting about it. Now I have no desire to do that so no big deal. But if 100k people see the story, it won’t take many to like the idea and make tickets even harder to find
Reply/Quote
I get so tired of the crippled/handicap talk.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 04:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You don't even see the irony of what you are typing. You are complaining there are too many able-bodied people sitting in the handicapped section, so people who actually need those seats can go and enjoy the game. Legitimate complaint. Then in the same breath, you are complaining they didn't give you enough tickets so you could take two extra abled bodied people, besides the extra person who you could go with, who don't need to sit in the handicapped section, which in turn means 3 other people who need the handicapped section can't get those seats. You lost your high ground right there. You want more able bodied people in the handicapped section.... as long as they are part of your party. Sorry Brad, that's messed up.
I never said the people with me would be able-bodied. They normally are (not always), but, regardless, they're with me. Friends with me that have to deal with everything that comes with being my friend and all the inconveniences shouldn't be able to enjoy the game with me?

Ever think that maybe there's the four ticket max because handicapped people have more than one friend?

However, I did point out that I don't mind if there's three able-bodied people and one person that can't even really comprehend what's going on.

Not messed up at all.
(01-31-2023, 04:30 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I get so tired of the crippled/handicap talk.

What makes you tired of hearing about it?

Why would you even open the thread if you're tired of hearing about it?
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 01:01 AM)Nately120 Wrote: [Image: wheelchair-oj-simpson.gif]

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that there may be one or two posters here contemplating something similar right about now.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 04:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I could only get two tickets, which it's kind of lame to watch the game with only one other person. 

so now the complaint is that you can't get MORE tickets in the handicapped section for your able bodied friends thus taking away more seats from the disabled?

Make up your mind what you want the policy to be before you take it public because right now you are all over the place and it seems to be all about your personal needs not the needs of the disabled community in general.  It seems like you want to buy out the handicapped section and then be able to sell those tickets to whomever you want at whatever the price.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Normal people are the worst.

I've always said that
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 05:45 PM)pally Wrote: so now the complaint is that you can't get MORE tickets in the handicapped section for your able bodied friends thus taking away more seats from the disabled?

Make up your mind what you want the policy to be before you take it public because right now you are all over the place and it seems to be all about your personal needs not the needs of the disabled community in general.  It seems like you want to buy out the handicapped section and then be able to sell those tickets to whomever you want at whatever the price.

The complaint has been the same ALL ALONG and, as I just pointed out, it's not always all able-bodied people with me.

I am not all over the place. I NEVER ONCE SAID I want to buy out the handicapped section or even buy more than just the four tickets.

Once last year, I took another crippled girl on a date to a game and my friend brought his wife, so that shouldn't be allowed? Are crippled people not allowed to have normal friends?

Like I said, if three normal people want to go with one other disabled person, it's great, but people just robbing crippled people of seats is wrong.

I have been consistent.
Reply/Quote
I once purchased every ticket in a handicap section and strung up a hammock. Watched the game sipping a tropical drink with 2 hot chicks fanning me with palm leaves.

Reply/Quote
Newsflash. This story has no legs (that work anyway).
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 06:00 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Newsflash.  This story has no legs (that work anyway).

And we're done here.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 05:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The complaint has been the same ALL ALONG and, as I just pointed out, it's not always all able-bodied people with me.

I am not all over the place. I NEVER ONCE SAID I want to buy out the handicapped section or even buy more than just the four tickets.

Once last year, I took another crippled girl on a date to a game and my friend brought his wife, so that shouldn't be allowed? Are crippled people not allowed to have normal friends?

Like I said, if three normal people want to go with one other disabled person, it's great, but people just robbing crippled people of seats is wrong.

I have been consistent.

That is already allowed...and I suspect that if you call/text/email the box office they will help accommodate larger groups if at all possible

what the issue is that YOU are whining about tickets in the handicapped section not being available for disabled persons. At the same time,  you are whining about not being able to buy unlimited tickets,  in the handicapped section for your abled-bodied friends.  And then further complaining when abled-bodied people get tickets off the resale market but you still want the ability to sell YOUR handicapped tickets to whomever..

What specifically is YOUR proposed policy and how do you expect it to be LEGALLY policed?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 06:00 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Newsflash.  This story has no legs (that work anyway).

[Image: laughing-dino.gif]

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote

Oh no you didn't...... Shocked
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 06:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2 things:

Why is this thread in JN

Why is it still open

Why ask why?

Try bud dry.
Reply/Quote