Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Normal People Sitting In The Handicapped Section
(02-02-2023, 04:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Explain what circumstances would make a person be able to walk a long way but can't sit in the stands.

My friend has a medical condition that affects the connective tissue in her entire body. She can walk long distances unless she is forced to go up stairs. Stairs cause her a great deal of pain and difficulty.

You are not a doctor Brad, you don't know every medical condition on the planet. You should stop.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 04:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Explain what circumstances would make a person be able to walk a long way but can't sit in the stands.

Acrophobia
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 03:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Acrophobia

vertigo...someone can walk on flat ground but it is dangerous for them to be on steep stairs, especially with no handrail

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 04:02 PM)pally Wrote: vertigo...someone can walk on flat ground but it is dangerous for them to be on steep stairs, especially with no handrail

Claustrophobia could cause people not to be able to sit in a row of connected stadium seats full of people. 
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 04:02 PM)pally Wrote: vertigo...someone can walk on flat ground but it is dangerous for them to be on steep stairs, especially with no handrail

I've had over 54 static-line parachute jumps out of various aircrafts. But I'm not fan of heights.

The worst was few years back when I went up a waterslide with my kids. I didn't think I was going to make the last flight of steps; I was frozen. 

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
So all of you think that it's ok for normal people to steal seats from people with disabilities because some people have disabilities that you can't see?

You think that all no one is scamming the system even though that a poster on here has bragged about scamming the system?

What would your solution be?
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 05:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So all of you think that it's ok for normal people to steal seats from people with disabilities because some people have disabilities that you can't see?

You think that all no one is scamming the system even though that a poster on here has bragged about scamming the system?

Enjoy the game. That's my solution.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 05:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've had over 54 static-line parachute jumps out of various aircrafts. But I'm not fan of heights.

The worst was few years back when I went up a waterslide with my kids. I didn't think I was going to make the last flight of steps; I was frozen. 

I sit in the canopy, third row.  Went to every game this season.

We arrived very early to the Wild Card game.  Like when the gates opened. 

We were basically the only people in our section for 30 minutes.  

For some reason, the heights, the steepness, and the emptiness of the stadium really freaked me out.  Not bad when it's filled with other people, but being alone up there was a thing.  
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 05:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So all of you think that it's ok for normal people to steal seats from people with disabilities because some people have disabilities that you can't see?

Brad, you will never see the truth in this, but you're coming across as a real asshole in this thread. No i will not give examples (this thread is full of them), because like i said, you'll never see it. 

My solution is for you to STFU and make the call. See what happens. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 12:22 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Brad, you will never see the truth in this, but you're coming across as a real asshole in this thread. No i will not give examples (this thread is full of them), because like i said, you'll never see it. 

My solution is for you to STFU and make the call. See what happens. 

I’m coming off as an asshole because I’m upset that people take advantage of the system and sit in the section that people like me need to sit in because of our disabilities?

Please explain that one to me.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 12:40 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Went to hundreds of games with just my father until PBS opened and we added two more seats to our season ticket package. Enjoyed them all immensely. But even after adding the 2 extra seats they were not even close to the other 2 and it wasn't a problem at all. Still rode and tailgated together but never did all 4 sit together.

You've stated that when you rolled up on these folks and asked about their handicap they answered that they were the only tickets available.   

So this raises the question, does the team have an obligation to not sell these tickets on game day or the last few days before kickoff ?  If there are a 1,000 handicapped seats as someone suggested and  400 of them are unsold the day before kickoff but so called normal people are still requesting tickets what should be the protocol ? Should they just leave them empty in case 400 handicapped people show up at the last minute for a sold out game which is highly unlikely, or sell them. It is a business mind you.  

Would think most people who actually need a handicap seat know in advance that they want to attend and rarely do it spontaneously at the last second. The team should be able to sell the unsold seats imo.

Plus if every single handicapped person took 3 friends with them like you do ? The math says that only 250 handicapped folks would get these seats while 750 of their normal friends take up the rest. Seems odd and there must be a lot of rolling up on normal folks going on.  

Think they should limit the extra seats to 1 or 2 per handicapped person to bring with them and make these tickets only available to handicapped people until 2 days before game and then sell any unpurchased seats on open market if game is a sellout.

Then would also revoke the privilege of buying these seats to those who sell these seats to non handicapped fans for profit. 

Your post should really be the end of this thread Go Cards.

You basically touched on every subject but fraud, which sadly will happen and is hard to eradicate.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 12:18 AM)samhain Wrote: I sit in the canopy, third row.  Went to every game this season.

For some reason, the heights, the steepness, and the emptiness of the stadium really freaked me out.  Not bad when it's filled with other people, but being alone up there was a thing.  

The canopy is up there.  I have 4 seats in 337 my boys take each week, I stick to my 2 in 139.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 10:16 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I’m coming off as an asshole because I’m upset that people take advantage of the system and sit in the section that people like me need to sit in because of our disabilities?

Please explain that one to me.

[Image: armageddon-harry-stamper.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 12:18 AM)samhain Wrote: I sit in the canopy, third row.  Went to every game this season.

I can empathize.  I used to have seats in 317, but they were in the first row, so there was a huge drop down to the next level.  But, that never bothered me in the slightest.  Scared the hell out of Mrs. Llama and a few other guests, but I was fine with it.  Then one time I had an occasion where I sat a few rows from the top of 317.  Like you, we arrived early, and until the seats filled in, I was on edge the whole time.  I only went out once because I had to go to the bathroom.  Climbing those stairs felt like we were trying to summit K2.  

Nationwide Arena has the same effect on me.  I refuse to sit in the upper deck unless I can get the first row.  When they design those places the first question must be:  "From a liability standpoint, how ridiculously steep can we make the upper deck before everyone just falls down?"
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote