Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Normal People Sitting In The Handicapped Section
I have to share this story. I bought Reds tickets from a reseller that ended up being in the handicap section. Although I am on disability, I really didn't need the seats. However, we went to the game and sat in the seats. A guy in a scooter came up to us and said I'm sitting here even though we had tickets for those seats. He refused to leave and the usher explained it is the ticket holder seats. Now, I don't know where his seat was, but why did he try to force himself on us thinking he deserved the seat and we didn't? I don't need to reveal my disability to every person that thinks I am not disabled. Eventually the guy left all upset. I have a problem when someone uses disabilities as a crutch to get special treatment or something.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 08:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Explain how that's just as bad as people stealing the seats when they don't need them. Please because I'm dying to hear this.

And I don't ask the frail looking people with canes or anything, but the people that stand up and scream that obviously don't have a disability, I ask.

I love how you went from "this doesn't happen" to "get off your high horse."

I'm on a high horse because I don't like people taking advantage of situations and robbing handicapped people of things they need?

Unless they look like Bradley Fritz they don't make the cut. Everyone else is stealing/scamming trash. We all get it man. 
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 08:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Explain how that's just as bad as people stealing the seats when they don't need them. Please because I'm dying to hear this.

And I don't ask the frail looking people with canes or anything,0e a disability, I ask.

I love how you went from "this doesn't happen" to "get off your high horse."

I'm on a high horse because I don't like people taking advantage of situations and robbing handicapped people of things they need?

I can stand up and scream I just can't walk any distances and can't do stairs.  If you came up and asked me I'd tell you to MIND YOUR OWN F****** BUSINESS.  I get that you are in a wheelchair but that doesn't give you the right to be the "crippled" police.  I do not have to justify to YOU or anybody else why I qualify to sit in the disabled section or to park in a handicapped parking spot.  Get off your bloody high horse.  I get that it sucks you can't buy a seat anywhere or anytime you would like.  I get that it sucks that you are limited in the number of tickets in your section that you can purchase.
For a popular team or game, if you procrastinate buying tickets you are going to be SOL in getting the number or location of tickets you want.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 11:04 PM)TheFan Wrote: Unless they look like Bradley Fritz they don't make the cut. Everyone else is stealing/scamming trash. We all get it man. 
What a joke.
(02-02-2023, 12:07 AM)pally Wrote: I can stand up and scream I just can't walk any distances and can't do stairs.  If you came up and asked me I'd tell you to MIND YOUR OWN F****** BUSINESS.  I get that you are in a wheelchair but that doesn't give you the right to be the "crippled" police.  I do not have to justify to YOU or anybody else why I qualify to sit in the disabled section or to park in a handicapped parking spot.  Get off your bloody high horse.  I get that it sucks you can't buy a seat anywhere or anytime you would like.  I get that it sucks that you are limited in the number of tickets in your section that you can purchase.
For a popular team or game, if you procrastinate buying tickets you are going to be SOL in getting the number or location of tickets you want.  
Once again, you make shit up and change the argument because you have no legitimate argument.
I don't procrastinate buying tickets. I have someone calling as soon as they go on sale.
If you can't walk long distances, you'd be in a wheelchair. I can also stand and scream. 
If you qualify to sit in the section, that's fine, but this entire thread is about normal people that don't need the seats taking them.
How is that so difficult to understand?
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 12:58 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: What a joke.
Once again, you make shit up and change the argument because you have no legitimate argument.
I don't procrastinate buying tickets. I have someone calling as soon as they go on sale.
If you can't walk long distances, you'd be in a wheelchair. I can also stand and scream. 
If you qualify to sit in the section, that's fine, but this entire thread is about normal people that don't need the seats taking them.

You're the one who said you roll up to people asking them if they're disabled. Mind you own business. 

According to the Bengals site "Paycor Stadium has over 1,000 handicap seating areas available. If you have special seating needs, please contact the Bengals ticket office at 513-621-8383."

You don't get to choose what special seating needs qualify for that. It's not just people in wheelchairs who look like you.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 12:58 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: What a joke.

and there you go making judgments again about your fellow gamegoers.  YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT OTHER'S CIRCUMSTANCES MAY BE!!!!

So why don't you buy your tickets, never resell them to a so-called "normal" person and otherwise MIND YOUR OWNED DAMNED BUSINESS

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I cant imagine why, but for some reason I'm reminded of this scene from City Slickers...

“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I feel the only reason this thread is still active is that we are taking part in some sort of experiment.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 01:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I feel the only reason this thread is still active is that we are taking part in some sort of experiment.

Gotta admit, though, Brad threads are entertaining to read. lol
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 12:22 PM)TheFan Wrote: You're the one who said you roll up to people asking them if they're disabled. Mind you own business. 

According to the Bengals site "Paycor Stadium has over 1,000 handicap seating areas available. If you have special seating needs, please contact the Bengals ticket office at 513-621-8383."

You don't get to choose what special seating needs qualify for that. It's not just people in wheelchairs who look like you.
Only when I see them standing and walking around with nothing wrong.

I never said it's just people that look like me. Once again, like other people in this thread, you make shit up to fit your narrative because, otherwise, you have no argument.
(02-02-2023, 12:44 PM)pally Wrote: and there you go making judgments again about your fellow gamegoers.  YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT OTHER'S CIRCUMSTANCES MAY BE!!!!

So why don't you buy your tickets, never resell them to a so-called "normal" person and otherwise MIND YOUR OWNED DAMNED BUSINESS
Explain what circumstances would make a person be able to walk a long way but can't sit in the stands.

(02-02-2023, 02:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Gotta admit, though, Brad threads are entertaining to read. lol

How is this thread somehow a joke?

What is so funny about me being upset that normal people are stealing seats from handicapped people?
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 04:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: What is so funny about me being upset that normal people are stealing seats from handicapped people?

It's your responses to people's posts that make this so entertaining. It has nothing to do with you "being upset" at "normal people". 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I understand Brad's point about fairness. However, I would just focus on my own situation and ask for more tickets in the handicap section. Not sure if it is a Bengals policy or not to only provide 2 tickets in that section. As for creeps taking advantage of the seats, just hope they are on the up and up because serving the few truly handicapped people supersedes the idiots being dishonest. In other words, give to others and understand a few thieves may be among them. But, you are helping many.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 05:49 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It's your responses to people's posts that make this so entertaining. It has nothing to do with you "being upset" at "normal people". 
Explain. Give examples.
(02-02-2023, 05:54 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I understand Brad's point about fairness. However, I would just focus on my own situation and ask for more tickets in the handicap section. Not sure if it is a Bengals policy or not to only provide 2 tickets in that section. As for creeps taking advantage of the seats, just hope they are on the up and up because serving the few truly handicapped people supersedes the idiots being dishonest. In other words, give to others and understand a few thieves may be among them. But, you are helping many.

You can buy four because going with you and one other person is kind of lame. I could only get two for the games, which who wants to go to a game with just one other person?
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 07:09 PM)TheFan Wrote: So one person is making you whine in this thread and go to the news? 

I don't recall seeing a post from this person or know if it's even real. As in what the poster is saying, not that they didn't say it. How long ago was this? 

About a year ago.... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 07:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Playoff game I think but might have been before regular season.

And I’ve been pissed about it and rolled around and asked people why they needed them because they looked “normal” and they just said they were the only seats available.

Also, do you think this one person went alone?

I know he didn’t but it just again goes to show your bias and that you’re trying to act like a hard ass.

Yeah, sorry, that wouldn't have gone well for you if it were me. Not that I'd push you down the steps, but I would have you removed. If you really did that you really have no boundaries. 
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 04:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Only when I see them standing and walking around with nothing wrong.

Dude, what is so hard to understand about the fact some people may have hidden disabilites, like heart disease, lung disease etc. I went to a SNF game against the stealers 2 weeks after open heart surgery. My doctor ordered me, if I was going, that I had to go in a wheelchair and have friends with me at all times. Now, since the people I went with had season tickets on the club level (who in turn could always get me extras beside them), I was able to go in the chair, then transfer into a stadium seat and the usher took the chair away until the end of the game. Now, had we not been club level, I likely would have had to sit in a handicapped section in order to go to the game. It was cold outside, and I had a sweatshirt on. Anyone who arrived after I switched to the stadium seat would never have known what I was going through. You would roll by and think I was some asshole stealing your seat. Get over yourself, you don't know what other people have going on in their lives. 
Reply/Quote
I was told a LONG time ago that I ain't normal.. You know what I say? tough titty! Live with it.
Still, from the outside you'd never know I've been living with disabilities most of my life. my legs are crap even though i can walk.. My heart has melted down a bunch of times and since I was old enough to remember I've had some weird shit going on between my ears.. When I applied for SSI at 50 something Uncle Sugar never really even questioned it other than the initial obligatory refusal letter. I qualified far further back than 50 something.. I don't worry about the CRIPPLE section or the abnormal section, but Brad, even though we've never meet nor have I ever seen you in my entire life that I'm aware of I can say with a high degree of confidence that you ain't freakin normal cripple or not.. Just embrace it.. I did years ago. One more thing.. I don't mean to be harsh, but something my dad told me a long time ago and it stuck...sympathy is between sh*t and syphilis in the dictionary.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 06:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Explain. Give examples.

You can buy four because going with you and one other person is kind of lame. I could only get two for the games, which who wants to go to a game with just one other person?

I've been to a ton of football games with just one other person. Sometimes it's one of my children, sometimes it's a friend. It's always fun. Maybre you're just not going with the right people.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 06:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Explain. Give examples.

Went to hundreds of games with just my father until PBS opened and we added two more seats to our season ticket package. Enjoyed them all immensely. But even after adding the 2 extra seats they were not even close to the other 2 and it wasn't a problem at all. Still rode and tailgated together but never did all 4 sit together.

You've stated that when you rolled up on these folks and asked about their handicap they answered that they were the only tickets available.   

So this raises the question, does the team have an obligation to not sell these tickets on game day or the last few days before kickoff ?  If there are a 1,000 handicapped seats as someone suggested and  400 of them are unsold the day before kickoff but so called normal people are still requesting tickets what should be the protocol ? Should they just leave them empty in case 400 handicapped people show up at the last minute for a sold out game which is highly unlikely, or sell them. It is a business mind you.  

Would think most people who actually need a handicap seat know in advance that they want to attend and rarely do it spontaneously at the last second. The team should be able to sell the unsold seats imo.

Plus if every single handicapped person took 3 friends with them like you do ? The math says that only 250 handicapped folks would get these seats while 750 of their normal friends take up the rest. Seems odd and there must be a lot of rolling up on normal folks going on.

Think they should limit the extra seats to 1 or 2 per handicapped person to bring with them and make these tickets only available to handicapped people until 2 days before game and then sell any unpurchased seats on open market if game is a sellout.

Then would also revoke the privilege of buying these seats to those who sell these seats to non handicapped fans for profit. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 12:40 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Went to hundreds of games with just my father until PBS opened and we added two more seats to our season ticket package. Enjoyed them all immensely. But even after adding the 2 extra seats they were not even close to the other 2 and it wasn't a problem at all. Still rode and tailgated together but never did all 4 sit together.

You've stated that when you rolled up on these folks and asked about their handicap they answered that they were the only tickets available.   

So this raises the question, does the team have an obligation to not sell these tickets on game day or the last few days before kickoff ?  If there are a 1,000 handicapped seats as someone suggested and  400 of them are unsold the day before kickoff but so called normal people are still requesting tickets what should be the protocol ? Should they just leave them empty in case 400 handicapped people show up at the last minute for a sold out game which is highly unlikely, or sell them. It is a business mind you.  

Would think most people who actually need a handicap seat know in advance that they want to attend and rarely do it spontaneously at the last second. The team should be able to sell the unsold seats imo.

Plus if every single handicapped person took 3 friends with them like you do ? The math says that only 250 handicapped folks would get these seats while 750 of their normal friends take up the rest. Seems odd and there must be a lot of rolling up on normal folks going on.  

Think they should limit the extra seats to 1 or 2 per handicapped person to bring with them and make these tickets only available to handicapped people until 2 days before game and then sell any unpurchased seats on open market if game is a sellout.

Then would also revoke the privilege of buying these seats to those who sell these seats to non handicapped fans for profit. 

I don't get the feeling Brad is worried about the other handicapped people, as long as he gets to take HIS friends.  I can't imagine any "normal" person wanting to go to the game and sit on a metal folding chair anyway, unless they are accompanying someone with a disability.  
Reply/Quote