Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Normal People Sitting In The Handicapped Section
(01-31-2023, 06:21 PM)pally Wrote: That is already allowed...and I suspect that if you call/text/email the box office they will help accommodate larger groups if at all possible

what the issue is that YOU are whining about tickets in the handicapped section not being available for disabled persons. At the same time,  you are whining about not being able to buy unlimited tickets,  in the handicapped section for your abled-bodied friends.  And then further complaining when abled-bodied people get tickets off the resale market but you still want the ability to sell YOUR handicapped tickets to whomever..

What specifically is YOUR proposed policy and how do you expect it to be LEGALLY policed?

When did I EVER whine about not being able to buy unlimited tickets?

You're making stuff up again and posting with empty rhetoric because, otherwise, you have no debate.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 04:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Correction, THEY ARE OBLIGATED BY LAW to reserve handicapped seats for people with disabilities.

I got two seats but the problem was that I could only get two because ableist think it's funny to buy tickets in that section because they don't think people with disabilities are worthy of respect. They were on the visitor's side, which also sucked.

It's not a correction when you're not correcting anything.  They are required to have handicapped seating available in a variety of areas and a variety of ticket prices.  They are NOT required to hold those seats for you and however many able-bodied pricks you want to bring along to sit in them.  Like every other seat in the stadium once they're sold, they're sold.

Here's why I think that what you're really bellyaching about is that you want better seats.  There are handicap seating areas at the ends of the upper deck that I don't think I've ever seen anyone in.  Most games they could seat you and as many friends as you like there.  You just don't want those.  

Here is their actual statement on handicapped seating.  The day tickets go on sale give them a call and let us know what they offer you.  Then we can look at what is available to the able-bodied prick public and decide if it's fair.

Quote:Handicap Seating

Paycor Stadium has over 1,000 handicap seating areas available. If you have special seating needs, please contact the Bengals ticket office at 513-621-8383. The ticket office is open Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and on Saturdays before a home game from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. On game day, handicap seating can be arranged by visiting the North Ticket office (located between the altafiber Northwest Gate and the Betfred Northeast Gate on the north end of the stadium).
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 08:41 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: There are numerous people who have disabilities and qualify for the disabled section that may not apparent to you or anyone else. I don't think this is a good idea. The first question would likely be "how do you know they aren't disabled?"

That's exactly why no news station would touch this with a 10 foot crutch. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 05:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I never said the people with me would be able-bodied. They normally are (not always), but, regardless, they're with me. Friends with me that have to deal with everything that comes with being my friend and all the inconveniences shouldn't be able to enjoy the game with me?

Ever think that maybe there's the four ticket max because handicapped people have more than one friend?

However, I did point out that I don't mind if there's three able-bodied people and one person that can't even really comprehend what's going on.

Not messed up at all.

What makes you tired of hearing about it?

Why would you even open the thread if you're tired of hearing about it?

Brad...what if 3 other crippled people each have 2 able-bodied friends with them in that section. 

That's 3 crippled people and 6 able-bodied. What if every single crippled or disabled person has at least one friend with them, as you hope to do. You're complaining about able-bodied people being there. What if they're there to support their friend as well?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 10:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: When did I EVER whine about not being able to buy unlimited tickets?

You're making stuff up again and posting with empty rhetoric because, otherwise, you have no debate.

I ask again....because you conveniently keep ignoring this question...maybe because you just keep posting empty complaints with no possible solution

WHAT IS YOUR PROPOSAL for HANDICAPPED TICKET SALES????  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 12:14 AM)Roland Wrote: It's not a correction when you're not correcting anything.  They are required to have handicapped seating available in a variety of areas and a variety of ticket prices.  They are NOT required to hold those seats for you and however many able-bodied pricks you want to bring along to sit in them.  Like every other seat in the stadium once they're sold, they're sold.

Here's why I think that what you're really bellyaching about is that you want better seats.  There are handicap seating areas at the ends of the upper deck that I don't think I've ever seen anyone in.  Most games they could seat you and as many friends as you like there.  You just don't want those.  

Here is their actual statement on handicapped seating.  The day tickets go on sale give them a call and let us know what they offer you.  Then we can look at what is available to the able-bodied prick public and decide if it's fair.
The entire this thread is that I can't get the best seats because of normal people stealing them, and it took you two full pages to realize that?

And you're really suggesting that I shouldn't mind people stealing my seats because I could just as well go to worse seats? Please explain that one to me.
(02-01-2023, 12:29 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Brad...what if 3 other crippled people each have 2 able-bodied friends with them in that section. 

That's 3 crippled people and 6 able-bodied. What if every single crippled or disabled person has at least one friend with them, as you hope to do. You're complaining about able-bodied people being there. What if they're there to support their friend as well?
I'm not arguing against them because I do chat with other groups of four, and it's not the situation that you're trying to throw out because there's always distinguished groups.
(02-01-2023, 01:02 AM)pally Wrote: I ask again....because you conveniently keep ignoring this question...maybe because you just keep posting empty complaints with no possible solution

WHAT IS YOUR PROPOSAL for HANDICAPPED TICKET SALES????  

I don't have one since it's illegal to ask people why they need the tickets, AND THAT'S WHY I WANT THE NEWS TO DO A STORY: SO PEOPLE ARE AT LEAST AWARE THAT PEOPLE DO NEED THOSE SEATS!!!!

Hopefully bringing awareness to it would at least make people think twice about it. 
Reply/Quote
You don’t think people who are purposely buying tickets in the handicapped sections don’t know who those areas are set aside for? Frankly they aren’t the best seats in the house and folding chairs get awfully uncomfortable after 3 or 4 hours.
The reality is you are talking about a small number of people who abuse the system. The vast majority of people are in those sections because they or some in their party needs them. At least it appears so when I’ve sat in them. I have severe rheumatoid arthritis and need a scooter for walking any distance and certainly can’t safely navigate steep stairs without a railing. But if I’m just sitting there you couldn’t tell I was disabled.
There will never be a perfect system. And as the team rises in popularity and ticket demand grow issues will arise. Unfortunately this particular issue has no legal solution

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 02:17 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: The entire this thread is that I can't get the best seats because of normal people stealing them, and it took you two full pages to realize that?

And you're really suggesting that I shouldn't mind people stealing my seats because I could just as well go to worse seats? Please explain that one to me.

Ok, glad you're willing to admit it.  Go pound sand.  You don't automatically get the best seats just because you're handicapped and you've decided to get on the bandwagon.  The best handicapped seats are sold out just like all the other best seats.  You don't get to decide whether anyone in particular needs those seats.  You don't get to decide how many people someone who has those seats is allowed to bring along.

Nobody is stealing your seats.  They're not your seats unless you bought a COA.  You just want to show up on game day and roll your ass down in front of people who have been buying tickets for 30 years.

Again, call the ticket office the day tickets go on sale and ask for the best ADA tickets available for the games you want.  Tell us what they offer you.  If what is available to the public from the Bengals at that time is better than what you're offered then we can all get on board with your cause.  I doubt that will be the case.  It's certainly not based on the anecdotes you've shared to date. 

I think you should have available every reasonable opportunity and experience as the rest of us.  What is preventing you from getting what you want has nothing to do with your handicap and everything to do with ticket demand and availability. We don't get to pick the seat we want and get it at face value either.  You're asking for special treatment, not equal access.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 02:54 PM)Roland Wrote: Ok, glad you're willing to admit it.  Go pound sand.  You don't automatically get the best seats just because you're handicapped and you've decided to get on the bandwagon.  The best handicapped seats are sold out just like all the other best seats.  You don't get to decide whether anyone in particular needs those seats.  You don't get to decide how many people someone who has those seats is allowed to bring along.

Nobody is stealing your seats.  They're not your seats unless you bought a COA.  You just want to show up on game day and roll your ass down in front of people who have been buying tickets for 30 years.

Again, call the ticket office the day tickets go on sale and ask for the best ADA tickets available for the games you want.  Tell us what they offer you.  If what is available to the public from the Bengals at that time is better than what you're offered then we can all get on board with your cause.  I doubt that will be the case.  It's certainly not based on the anecdotes you've shared to date. 

I think you should have available every reasonable opportunity and experience as the rest of us.  What is preventing you from getting what you want has nothing to do with your handicap and everything to do with ticket demand and availability. We don't get to pick the seat we want and get it at face value either.  You're asking for special treatment, not equal access.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

This is incredible! 

I love when people act like hard asses because they have nothing to offer in a debate!

You think it's perfectly fine for normal people to steal the handicapped seats because there's other handicapped seats in worse areas! That's INCREDIBLE!

What bandwagon are you speaking of that I got on?! I'm definitely confused by that. I've been going to games since '03, a lot since '04, and pretty regularly since '05.

Who has been buying tickets for 30 years that I'm stealing them from?! Are they disabled?! 

You're spouting off bulllshit because this is not about whether or not people need those seats or how many they can bring: this entire thread has been about people stealing the seats that don't need them.

I haven't bought a COAs because THEY told us not to since it's not always the same three people that went with me and, also, why would I need to buy a license for my wheelchair?

People are stealing my seats by buying the seats when they don't need them.

I thank you VERY MUCH for this post because nothing gives me more joy than when people post with emotion and try to talk down to me and just end up looking like a wannabe hard ass!
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 04:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You're spouting off bulllshit because this is not about whether or not people need those seats or how many they can bring: this entire thread has been about people stealing the seats that don't need them.

How do you know? 
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 06:53 PM)TheFan Wrote: How do you know? 

A dude on here admitted it.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 07:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: A dude on here admitted it.

So one person is making you whine in this thread and go to the news? 

I don't recall seeing a post from this person or know if it's even real. As in what the poster is saying, not that they didn't say it. How long ago was this? 
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 07:09 PM)TheFan Wrote: So one person is making you whine in this thread and go to the news? 

I don't recall seeing a post from this person or know if it's even real. As in what the poster is saying, not that they didn't say it. How long ago was this? 

Playoff game I think but might have been before regular season.

And I’ve been pissed about it and rolled around and asked people why they needed them because they looked “normal” and they just said they were the only seats available.

Also, do you think this one person went alone?

I know he didn’t but it just again goes to show your bias and that you’re trying to act like a hard ass.
Reply/Quote
Is it the off season already?
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 07:17 PM)motoarch Wrote: Is it the off season already?

Yep, uniform thread incoming in 3...2...1...
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 07:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Playoff game I think but might have been before regular season.

And I’ve been pissed about it and rolled around and asked people why they needed them because they looked “normal” and they just said they were the only seats available.

Also, do you think this one person went alone?

I know he didn’t but it just again goes to show your bias and that you’re trying to act like a hard ass.

That's honestly just as bad as the people using the seats. Get off your high horse. Just because someone isn't in a wheelchair doesn't mean they need you in their business about why they need the seats. Maybe they just didn't want to tell some random guy about something wrong with them. Talk about being biased.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 07:18 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yep, uniform thread incoming in 3...2...1...

I always thought I'd like the white helmets. I don't.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 07:38 PM)jason Wrote: I always thought I'd like the white helmets. I don't.

Same.  And, I can't believe that no one in the history of this board has ever brought this up, but wouldn't it be cool if we had black helmets with orange stripes?  Can you even imagine such a thing?  Why has no one ever thought of that?  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 07:29 PM)TheFan Wrote: That's honestly just as bad as the people using the seats. Get off your high horse. Just because someone isn't in a wheelchair doesn't mean they need you in their business about why they need the seats. Maybe they just didn't want to tell some random guy about something wrong with them. Talk about being biased.

Explain how that's just as bad as people stealing the seats when they don't need them. Please because I'm dying to hear this.

And I don't ask the frail looking people with canes or anything, but the people that stand up and scream that obviously don't have a disability, I ask.

I love how you went from "this doesn't happen" to "get off your high horse."

I'm on a high horse because I don't like people taking advantage of situations and robbing handicapped people of things they need?
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 07:18 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yep, uniform thread incoming in 3...2...1...

We're inching closer to the draft hat reveal not too long after the Super Bowl. That can spark some nice B-logo talk.
Reply/Quote