Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Carolina House Passes Bill Voiding All Local LGBT Nondiscrimination Ordinances
(04-16-2016, 12:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This has notthing to do with religious beliefs.  Springsteen has been performing in front of these people for years.

According to you (and others), this law was passed because of religious belief. Springsteen is boycotting because of this law. He's boycotting of their religious belief.

[quote='fredtoast' pid='205831The only thing he is objecting to is the discrimination.  He will gladly come back and perform in front of the exact same people with the exact same beliefs when they stop discriminating based on their beliefs.
[/quote]

Yes, he is fine with discrimination as long as HE is the one doing the discrimination.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(04-16-2016, 12:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So you're okay with discrimination based on religious beliefs as long as it's against someone that you don't like.

It's good thing the law says otherwise.

You are not this stupid Phil.  Stop acting like it.  

I am not in favor of any discrimination against any religious group.  I believe in treating everyone equally.
(04-16-2016, 12:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are not this stupid Phil.  Stop acting like it.  

I am not in favor of any discrimination against any religious group.  I believe in treating everyone equally.

You're answering for Dino again.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-16-2016, 12:46 PM)PhilHos Wrote: According to you (and others), this law was passed because of religious belief. Springsteen is boycotting because of this law. He's boycotting of their religious belief.

Yes, he is fine with discrimination as long as HE is the one doing  the discrimination.

Then explain to me why he is wiling to perform to the exact same people with the exact same religious beliefs when they are not discriminating?

Your logic fails.

he does not object to them holding the religious belief.   He only objects to discrimination based on theese religious beliefs.
(04-16-2016, 12:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are not this stupid Phil.  Stop acting like it.  

Fred, the only stupid one here is you. I was talking to Dino. Hence, why i quoted HIM and not you.
(04-16-2016, 12:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You're answering for Dino again.

And no one cares but you.

This is an open message board.  i can reply to any post I want.

Grow up.
(04-16-2016, 12:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So you're okay with discrimination based on religious beliefs as long as it's against someone that you don't like.

It's good thing the law says otherwise.

Nope.  I'm against discrimination that hurts another groups rights.  A concert being canceled doesn't do that.

However you might want to look at what you typed and then look to a mirror.  ThumbsUp
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-16-2016, 12:49 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Fred, the only stupid one here is you. I was talking to Dino. Hence, why i quoted HIM and not you.

This is an open message board.

If you want to have a private conversation use PM.
(04-16-2016, 12:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The action (discrimination) is directly attributed to religious beliefs.  But Springsteen will gladly perform in front of the same people with the exact same beliefs when they stop discriminating.

So it isn't about the beliefs.  It is about the discrimination based on those beliefs.

So as long as they aren't convicted to their religious beliefs he will perform for them?

Some may just feel that legally permiting a male to use the women's bathroom is not discrimination.

(04-16-2016, 12:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And no one cares but you.

Grow up.

(04-16-2016, 12:49 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Fred, the only stupid one here is you. I was talking to Dino. Hence, why i quoted HIM and not you.

Tee Hee

BTW, I didn't suggest you can't. Just want to let you know you might be slipping.

(04-16-2016, 12:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then explain to me why he is wiling to perform to the exact same people with the exact same religious beliefs when they are not discriminating?

Your logic fails.

he does not object to them holding the religious belief.   He only objects to discrimination based on theese religious beliefs.

But the supposed discrimination is part of their belief (according to many people against this law).
(04-16-2016, 12:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You're answering for Dino again.

(04-16-2016, 12:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And no one cares but you.

Grow up.

Old Mr. Passive-Aggressive poster up there...always adding something solid to the posts.

But I did answer.  Sorry it took a while as Saturday is my day to be on line less.  Oh, and Fred is right...no one really cares if someone else answers...I got around to answering.

Thanks! 
(04-16-2016, 12:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Tee Hee

BTW, I didn't suggest you can't. Just want to let you know you might be slipping.

Solid post with a solid edit.
(04-16-2016, 12:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: Old Mr. Passive-Aggressive poster up there...always adding something solid to the posts.

But I did answer.  Sorry it took a while as Saturday is my day to be on line less.  Oh, and Fred is right...no one really cares if someone else answers...I got around to answering.

Thanks! 

Yes, but when someone answers for another they usually do so in a fashion that shows they are answering for themselves, not the person quoted.

(04-16-2016, 12:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is an open message board.

If you want to have a private conversation use PM.

What the hell does this have to do with you calling me out for something i never said about you?

I'm more than willing to discuss Dinos thoughts on my post with YOU as long as you're intellectually capable of knowing when I'm talking to and about him and when I'm talking to ava about you.
(04-16-2016, 12:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, but when someone answers for another they usually do so in a fashion that shows they are answering for themselves, not the person quoted.

You mean, like, by having their name and avatar show up?

You're funny.
(04-16-2016, 12:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So as long as they aren't convicted to their religious beliefs he will perform for them?

If your conviction requires you to discriminate then, then yes.

Pretty simple concept.
(04-16-2016, 12:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: Nope.  I'm against discrimination that hurts another groups rights.  A concert being canceled doesn't do that.

Neither does going to a more gay friendly baker but you have a problem with that, right?
(04-16-2016, 12:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If your conviction requires you to discriminate then, then yes.

Pretty simple concept.

Like cancelling a concert?

(04-16-2016, 12:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If your conviction requires you to discriminate then, then yes.

Pretty simple concept.

So discrimination is okay as long as you're discriminating against a group that discriminated first?