Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a word about the Bengals.....and I like it.
As Bengals fan we are use to the media ignoring us and overlooking our accomplishments. It use to make me furious that ESPN, NFL Net., ect. spends 2 hours discussing Tony Romo's clavicle or Chip Kelly's inept offense and not say 1 word about how the Bengals are 2-0 and look damn good. Give Dalton some props...he's looking good. Our D is playing great as well. Anyway, after 2 hours of literally nothing but Cowboys, Eagles, Brady, Rex Ryan talk this morning and not a peep about the Bengals even during the whole NFL recaps on all the media outlets.....I now kinda like it that way. This team will quietly play its way into the playoffs. Shhhhhhhh.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I can see it now.

Bengals Win Superbowl!

"Congrats to the Bengals on the win."
"Now to whats going on in Chicago."
"Joey Chesnut just broke the world hot dog eating record."
"Now lets go into a little more detail about those wieners."
Reply/Quote
I hope the team plays with a case of the red-ass against Baltimore. They have a chance to put them in a HUGE hole.
Reply/Quote
The team was talked about last night on the NBC show, the defense was the subject of Tony Dungy's "I'm lovin it" segment.  I've seen the game talked about on both ESPN and NFL network, plus they were mentioned several times in Peter King's MMQB column this morning.
Reply/Quote
That doesn't bother me as much as when there's a loss. It's disproportionate. Not hardly a blip when we win (unless it's because the other team stunk) but if we lose, it's a 5 minute piece on why.
Reply/Quote
I personally liked how a NFL analyst said something to the effect that they weren't allowed to say anything nice about Andy. You know it's disproportionate when the Media acknowledges it.
Reply/Quote
They have reason to doubt, let them go on doubting. We know what's up, I like others here am trying hard to temper my enthusiasm as well.

But I strongly feel there's a new sheriff in town.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 10:53 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: The team was talked about last night on the NBC show, the defense was the subject of Tony Dungy's "I'm lovin it" segment.  I've seen the game talked about on both ESPN and NFL network, plus they were mentioned several times in Peter King's MMQB column this morning.

I saw that last night too and thought it was awesome that it was Dungy's "I'm Lovin it!"  As least we got a little bit of love.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
They're not saying too much about the Cardinals either. It wouldn't surprise me at this point (I know it's early) if both teams were in Super Bowl 50. Wouldn't that be one heck of a story? Palmer and Dalton are both playing lights out this year. ThumbsUp
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
I like us "flying under the radar"..........
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 11:53 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: They're not saying too much about the Cardinals either.  It wouldn't surprise me at this point (I know it's early) if both teams were in Super Bowl 50.  Wouldn't that be one heck of a story?  Palmer and Dalton are both playing lights out this year.  ThumbsUp

The Cardinals with Palmer are a very good team.  I saw yesterday, they are 14-2 in their last 16 games with him.  Last year they were in line for the number one seed until they had to go with their third string quarterback... question is, can he stay healthy?
Reply/Quote
I don't know if I'd say our Defense was great. I can definitely see them getting exploited by a good OC if they don't get their shit together.
Reply/Quote
Just keep winning, and more importantly win a playoff game or two, then they won't be able to ignore us.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 11:53 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: They're not saying too much about the Cardinals either.  It wouldn't surprise me at this point (I know it's early) if both teams were in Super Bowl 50.  Wouldn't that be one heck of a story?  Palmer and Dalton are both playing lights out this year.  ThumbsUp

Local media in Phoenix is acting like the Cards won the Super Bowl already. Seriously.

Happy for Carson, hope he can stay healthy and have a good season.
Reply/Quote
Bengals were 3 -0 last year.  Top of the power rankings...  Then they got smashed.  The media will drink the Bengals' Kool Aid when they win in mid January, and not a second sooner.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 11:01 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I personally liked how a NFL analyst said something to the effect that they weren't allowed to say anything nice about Andy. You know it's disproportionate when the Media acknowledges it.

HA! who did that? Probably Rich Eisen, he has some humor to him.
Reply/Quote
Everyone respects the Bengals. They respect the Bengals as a good team, who will win games in the regular season and will be in contention for a playoff spot every year. People acknowledge their ability to draft and retain players.

However, this can only go so far until something more than regular season wins occur.

It's where we're at. I just hope we break through that barrier.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 12:13 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: The Cardinals with Palmer are a very good team.  I saw yesterday, they are 14-2 in their last 16 games with him.  Last year they were in line for the number one seed until they had to go with their third string quarterback... question is, can he stay healthy?

As someone who is pulling for Carson and the Bengals I must say it is amusing, yet unsurprising that my top AFC and top NFC teams are currently playing like legit contenders but people want to talk about Romo and Chip Kelly.  Then again, I have to say Chip Kelly falling on his face on offense, Dallas and Seattle possibly falling apart, and the abortion that is the mighty Giants is a hoot.  I find the collapses and issues these teams are having to be particularly entertaining so I get why they are the biggest issues.  Additionally, the Cardinals and Bengals have been consistently good, so it's good that it's less newsworthy that they won.

Oh, and on the issue of Palmer's health.  Health in a QB (particularly one over 33 or so) is always an issue BUT Carson went down last year because the cadaver ACL he got in early 2006 had a shelf-life of roughly 10 years and it was simply it's time to go.  Lousy timing, but thems the breaks.  He has no physical or psychological tells that he is coming off a knee injury, so if he gets injured it will have nothing to do with his old ACL or last year's events.
Reply/Quote
Even at his peak performance (Palmer is playing as good now as he was for the Bengals years ago), his biggest weakness is his decision making and composure. We all doubted his ability to get it done in the clutch as a Bengal and I don't know why it's any different now.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 02:22 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Even at his peak performance (Palmer is playing as good now as he was for the Bengals years ago), his biggest weakness is his decision making and composure.  We all doubted his ability to get it done in the clutch as a Bengal and I don't know why it's any different now.

Palmers biggest weakness: Durability
Reply/Quote