Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Not the Same As Last Year's Slow Start
Wish people would stop comparing this year to last year.

The Bengals could actually find the end-zone last year.

I think Joe is still hurt. Something to continue monitoring as the season goes on.
Reply/Quote
Yep they aren't remotely the same.

We were a joke in Week 1 last year, but still should have won the game. It was your typical 'the Bengals finding any possible way to lose this game' kind of loss.

This one... an absolute beatdown. Not even close, and putting up 3 points seemed beyond us for most of the game.

After week 1 last year, I figured we'd get it together. I still do after this, but it'll be a whole different offence next week if we have any shot of beating the Ravens.

Last year's Week 1 was just laughable. This one has me far more doubtful.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 07:38 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Yep they aren't remotely the same.

We were a joke in Week 1 last year, but still should have won the game. It was your typical 'the Bengals finding any possible way to lose this game' kind of loss.

This one... an absolute beatdown. Not even close, and putting up 3 points seemed beyond us for most of the game.

After week 1 last year, I figured we'd get it together. I still do after this, but it'll be a whole different offence next week if we have any shot of beating the Ravens.

The Ravens lost their RB1 for the season.
Humphrey is likely out.
Andrews may be out.
FS1 may have tore a pectoral today.
Stanley and Linderbaum both left the game today and did not return, waiting on MRI's.

We have plenty of shot to beat the Ravens.  This chicken crap mentality is a bit much.  I get Bigzo, he only comes around to complain, likely a closet Browns fan.

Reply/Quote
Mods should really have to approve threads on game days here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 07:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mods should really have to approve threads on game days here.

We know the ones who only show up after losses...

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 07:09 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Wish people would stop comparing this year to last year.

The Bengals could actually find the end-zone last year.

I think Joe is still hurt. Something to continue monitoring as the season goes on.

I highly doubt they’d sign that deal then send him out in a diminished capacity.

But, these are the bungles..
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 07:44 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The Ravens lost their RB1 for the season.
Humphrey is likely out.
Andrews may be out.
Stanley and Linderbaum both left the game today and did not return, waiting on MRI's.

We have plenty of shot to beat the Ravens.  This chicken crap mentality is a bit much.  I get Bigzo, he only comes around to complain, likely a closet Browns fan.

I can look around the league right now and see at least a degree of functionality offensively. Shit, even Jordan Love dropped 31 on Chicago. 

With how lackluster the offense is today, i'm not sure how you can say we have a shot to beat anyone right now.
Reply/Quote
We did lose 32-13 at Cleveland last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 07:54 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I can look around the league right now and see at least a degree of functionality offensively. Shit, even Jordan Love dropped 31 on Chicago. 

With how lackluster the offense is today, i'm not sure how you can say we have a shot to beat anyone right now.

IF we look this bad against the Ravens, then let's worry. It's 1 bad game. Just happened Week 1.

Burrow played no preseason games and hardly practiced we weren't going to come out looking great.
Reply/Quote
Overreaction Sunday following week one is probably the most annoying day of the year.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 07:59 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Overreaction Sunday following week one is probably the most annoying day of the year.

Steelers fans thought they were going to the SB because of preseason and are flipping out now.
Reply/Quote
In all seriousness, our talent level on the roster is going to decline because of the big contracts. That will mean Burrow and the coaches have to be elite.

I just don't think our offensive staff gets the team prepared regularly.

Our offense is largely Burrow, Chase, and Tee making huge plays.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 07:54 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I can look around the league right now and see at least a degree of functionality offensively. Shit, even Jordan Love dropped 31 on Chicago. 

Zac and Burrow were terrible.  
1st Game, lots of rain, Burrow no spring training again, whatever excuse, whatever excuse.

We will see how we look next week.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 07:38 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Yep they aren't remotely the same.

I think it's more likely that things turn around than not, but man... today was a whole different kind of terrible. Felt like I was watching a college team.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 07:44 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The Ravens lost their RB1 for the season.
Humphrey is likely out.
Andrews may be out.

Those all help, but none of that will matter unless Burrow is significantly better than he was today. I'm certain he'll be fine over the course of the season, but nobody knows how ready to go he will really be within a week. He clearly wasn't ready today.

Not saying we have no shot, even if Burrow is medicore we can win, but we were absolutely miles off today. Quick turnaround to sort that within a week.
Reply/Quote
You guys watching the Rams D? 2 sacks in a row. Good luck Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:04 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Zac and Burrow were terrible.  
1st Game, lots of rain, Burrow no spring training again, whatever excuse, whatever excuse.

We will see how we look next week.

We have a stingier defense in Baltimore with a downgraded pass rush. 

Someone ask Sam Hubbard if he has another TD in him. We might need it.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:10 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Those all help, but none of that will matter unless Burrow is significantly better than he was today. I'm certain he'll be fine over the course of the season, but nobody knows how ready to go he will really be within a week. He clearly wasn't ready today.

Not saying we have no shot, even if Burrow is medicore we can win, but we were absolutely miles off today. Quick turnaround to sort that within a week.

Something was crazy wrong with Joe today no doubt.  The fact that Zac didnt help at all is even more frustrating.  Hopefully the comptetitveness of Joe, Chase & Tee comes out big time vs the Ravens in the home opener.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:13 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: We have a stingier defense in Baltimore with a downgraded pass rush. 

Someone ask Sam Hubbard if he has another TD in him. We might need it.

Im watching the Ravens game right now, I'll come back when it is over.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:15 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Something was crazy wrong with Joe today no doubt.  The fact that Zac didnt help at all is even more frustrating.  Hopefully the comptetitveness of Joe, Chase & Tee comes out big time vs the Ravens in the home opener.

I think he's still hurt. Plays where he runs for the first or hits the check down wasn't really there at all. 
Reply/Quote