Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Not the Same As Last Year's Slow Start
(09-10-2023, 11:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: Burrows reaction did look bad. Even Mahomes looked pissed. Burrow and Chase look like they’ve grown far too comfortable losing to the Browns. Chase was even cracking jokes about losing to elves.

That's because they're like us, they know they've done this before and they'll just turn it on and win 10 in a row and win the division and nothing matters until we play in the AFC Championship game.  Maybe they're wrong, maybe they aren't...time will tell.

Maybe we destroy the Ravens next year and just start the run earlier than usual.  Maybe I'll point out again that last year the Steelers were working a rookie QB into the mix (though they looked total ass today), the Browns didn't even have crappy ol' Watson until the season was more than half over, and the Ravens lost Jackson and did a lot of losing to the rest of the NFL.

Maybe they're right to not care.  I will say if this loss matters in the end, it's not going to be a great look.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dude hates Burrow because he dresses funny and speaks his mind about certain issues. It’s an agenda. Plain and simple.

i dont hate burrow at all. i think his views are leaning the wrong way but many folks are. im worried that this contract is going to destroy this team thats all. you can find me saying many times burrow has to talent to be elite an i hope he does become that. i just dont think hes there yet. his playoff play has been mediocer and i honestly think chaee higgins an boyd have made him look better than he might really be.

you can disagree. thats fine. i respect that. but dont go around attacking me personly and trying to say what i think. i dont do that to you so i ask for the same respect. ok
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dude hates Burrow because he dresses funny and speaks his mind about certain issues. It’s an agenda. Plain and simple.

Bingo! I just ignore his buffoonery, he craves the attention
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 12:10 AM)Leon Wrote: maybe you guys should try this advice with members you dont agree with

I have, but you are too negative and extreme for me. And this is the first time i have ever said anything publicly about you.

So are you a Bengal fan and who's your favorite Bengal of all time?

(09-11-2023, 12:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hell, I wouldn’t like half the actors, musicians, etc that I do if I cared about their politics or opinions on certain things. Gotta just separate that stuff.

Ha was actually thinking that. It's very rare to actually find someone that agrees 100% with you on everything. So if you don't have a certain level of tolerance, you will be very lonely
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: Defense looked like a pro team, but yeah......the rest, not so much.

My sons JV football team is going to look like an nfl team tonight after watching that disgustingly unprepared trash the Bengals rolled out yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:15 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Something was crazy wrong with Joe today no doubt.  The fact that Zac didnt help at all is even more frustrating.  Hopefully the comptetitveness of Joe, Chase & Tee comes out big time vs the Ravens in the home opener.

The fact Mixon still can't seem to run the ball means the pass rush can just tee off on every play. Mix had a couple of nice runs, but nowhere near enough.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 08:36 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: My sons JV football team is going to look like an nfl team tonight after watching that disgustingly unprepared trash the Bengals rolled out yesterday.

Damn, JV? Yikes! Hilarious

Surely the Bengals could at least hang with the varsity!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 09:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The fact Mixon still can't seem to run the ball means the pass rush can just tee off on every play. Mix had a couple of nice runs, but nowhere near enough.

Mixon averaged 4.3 ypc. I think that highlights a key point, we try to pass too much at times.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: Damn, JV? Yikes! Hilarious

Surely the Bengals could at least hang with the varsity!

Lol.  I didn't mean my sons team could beat the Bengals.  I mean watching the JV game will look like an actual nfl game after watching that Bengals crap game.  
Reply/Quote
last season we got skunked by Cleveland in Cleveland on Oct 31...we didn't lose again until the AFC championship game.

I don't think they will play that badly at home against Baltimore

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 12:34 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Lol.  I didn't mean my sons team could beat the Bengals.  I mean watching the JV game will look like an actual nfl game after watching that Bengals crap game.  

LoL, I read that wrong, hadn't had enough caffeine yet. Yeah, I'd say you're exactly right about that.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 08:36 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: My sons JV football team is going to look like an nfl team tonight after watching that disgustingly unprepared trash the Bengals rolled out yesterday.

Is your son on the Jets or the Bills?  Also, I assume JV stands for "Justly Victorious."
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 09:16 PM)samhain Wrote: yeah and the trainers were working on that calf several times throughout the game.

For real?  I wasn't able to watch the game, so if it was televised (working on calf) - does anyone have a screenshot?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:35 PM)Joelist Wrote: The scheme today was terrible and so was the play selection. We actually started to run well then abruptly stopped running. No formation work or anything to get receivers open. Burrow having no accuracy at all made it much worse.

They were in the spread formation 90% of the time, maybe 95.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 07:09 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Wish people would stop comparing this year to last year.

The Bengals could actually find the end-zone last year.

I think Joe is still hurt. Something to continue monitoring as the season goes on.

Agree.No comparison to last year.But,I’ll personally guarantee you that THIS football team Will be back.

I think the reason fans are so freaked out,is that this is just taking being bad to another level.Geeesh!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 02:40 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: They were in the spread formation 90% of the time, maybe 95.

Exactly. They had the Stains shifting everywhere and getting matchups but we did next to nothing to help our side. Spread in the rain against a 4 to 5 man front made no sense at all. No bubbles, no slants, nothing in the middle of the field. But most of all that game weather fairly screamed go out in jumbo and power run and keep doing it. Force the Stains to man up to the line and play power. It is also a good way to get your line in sync. 
Reply/Quote