Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
O-Line Cost Us a Championship
(02-14-2022, 01:16 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Joe Burrow and Joe Mixon deserve better than being set up to fail behind those five gooey turnstiles. Mixon encountered more butts than a proctologist and Joe Burrow dinged his other knee. I’m starting to see Carson Palmer’s point.

I won’t say that I see Carson Palmer’s point. We have a bad position group…a historically bad position group. But I don’t see that as a reason to say that the stars of this team should go elsewhere.

Maybe if they make no effort to fix it in the offseason, but I’m guessing that doesn’t happen. They know what they have in Burrow, and they’re going to do whatever it takes to keep him here and happy. If for whatever reason, I’m wrong and they choose to leave him unprotected for another year, then maybe they’ll deserve it.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wonder if there willing to pay a guard top money would love Brandon Scheff at RG. Feel like they will bring Spain back but be reluctant to sign at RG to big money because they just drafted Carman.
Reply/Quote
It is amazing after I saw the touch down pass to Higgins I told my buddy they are gonna win a bunch of rings the next decade. When
I saw how their offensive scheme collapsed the rest of the way i take back that thought. Just win 1 and go from there
Reply/Quote
The team needs to aquire proven OL guys, give me James Daniels from Chicago and go get a top shelf RT, then fill in with the draft. I don't want the team counting on pick 31 to fix the OL or more likely pick 62.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:33 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The team needs to aquire proven OL guys, give me James Daniels from Chicago and go get a top shelf RT, then fill in with the draft. I don't want the team counting on pick 31 to fix the OL or more likely pick 62.

James Daniels would be a great addition to the offensive line. I also agree counting on a late first round offensive lineman to start isn’t ideal.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:26 PM)Oasis5055 Wrote: It is amazing after I saw the touch down pass to Higgins I told my buddy they are gonna win a bunch of rings the next decade. When
I saw how their offensive scheme collapsed the rest of the way i take back that thought. Just win 1 and go from there

I was talking to my cousin and I said the Bengals were going to score on their first drive of the half and when they did almost instantly and then picked off Stafford's first pass I said "That's what the Bengals have been doing...it's been enough so far, but we'll see."

The Rams showed more life in the 2nd half than the Chiefs did, unfortunately. 

(02-14-2022, 01:26 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I won’t say that I see Carson Palmer’s point. We have a bad position group…a historically bad position group. But I don’t see that as a reason to say that the stars of this team should go elsewhere.

Maybe if they make no effort to fix it in the offseason, but I’m guessing that doesn’t happen. They know what they have in Burrow, and they’re going to do whatever it takes to keep him here and happy. If for whatever reason, I’m wrong and they choose to leave him unprotected for another year, then maybe they’ll deserve it.

Time will tell.  I can easily see the Bengals winning it all next year and making us seem like a bunch of neurotic worriers.  With that being said, Burrow getting hung out to dry by a franchise that has had long-term issues while Stafford became an instant SB champ after leaving the woebegone Lions could be seen as a sign.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:58 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Jackson Carman is a bust until proven otherwise

Bum

All reports indicate that Mike Brown, 85 years old at the time with a history of ineptness, forced us to take Carmen. A large olinemen needing surgery to play in a position he never has, while higher ranked and better players were still on the board.  Sorry MB defenders the guy has been awful for 3 decades.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/bengals-get-mike-browns-guy-an-inside-look-at-their-pursuit-of-jackson-carman
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:13 PM)casear2727 Wrote: All reports indicate that Mike Brown, 85 years old at the time with a history of ineptness, forced us to take Carmen. A large olinemen needing surgery to play in a position he never has, while higher ranked and better players were still on the board.  Sorry MB defenders the guy has been awful for 3 decades.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/bengals-get-mike-browns-guy-an-inside-look-at-their-pursuit-of-jackson-carman

This may or may not be true though
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:50 PM)mas_fuerte Wrote: I have full confidence that this team will invest in the O line in the offseason, but I personally hope it's done through Free Agency instead of the draft. Let's bring in some guys who have proven themselves and stop trying to get lucky in the draft.

In my opinion, not a single spot on that line should be safe next year, even Jonah Williams.

Full confidence? From what? We have needed to fix our line for 5 years now.. this is their "fixed" offensive line
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:15 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: This may or may not be true though

Possibly, the author seems to think so and can we dismiss 30 years of incompetence?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Defense was incredible. Stuffed the run as well as I've ever seen. Limited Stafford.

Our WRs combined for over 200 yards and 2 TDs.

Burrow was good, but limited on what plays we could run.

Mixon rushed for 73 on 4.8 per carry and even threw a TD.

ST was great once again.

---------------

But.....our "offensive" line gave up 7 sacks and had our offense game planning around it's limitations.

Burrow was sacked 70 times overall this season and it took awhile, but the injury people were worried about might have happened again. To the other knee.

Chase was great. Fix. The. Line.

I agree wholeheartedly, but Joe was off too. It wasn't his best game.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
4/17 on 3d and 4th downs combined. Shame is we had chances to go up more than 1 score.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:55 PM)Tony Wrote: I can't believe what Joe was able to do behind this line... They won't ever talk about it either. Nick Wright is already on TV calling us trash and we will fall back. Everyone talking about how Great Stafford is even though He would be looked at as a choker of they lost  because of his 2 ints....

Well, Nick Wright's an idiot, so.....

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree wholeheartedly, but Joe was off too. It wasn't his best game.

Agreed, but when your play calling is neutered and he's sacked 7 times, I can't put toooo much on him. 

He had a passer rating over 100 and didn't turn the ball over. Could've been better with more time and a more open playbook.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:16 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Joe Burrow and Joe Mixon deserve better than being set up to fail behind those five gooey turnstiles.  Mixon encountered more butts than a proctologist and Joe Burrow dinged his other knee.  I’m starting to see Carson Palmer’s point.

Just now?  Tongue

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was talking to my cousin and I said the Bengals were going to score on their first drive of the half and when they did almost instantly and then picked off Stafford's first pass I said "That's what the Bengals have been doing...it's been enough so far, but we'll see."

The Rams showed more life in the 2nd half than the Chiefs did, unfortunately. 

Time will tell.  I can easily see the Bengals winning it all next year and making us seem like a bunch of neurotic worriers.  With that being said, Burrow getting hung out to dry by a franchise that has had long-term issues while Stafford became an instant SB champ after leaving the woebegone Lions could be seen as a sign.

As fans, we have "another life" to deal with. As sports players, this is their life. As you mentioned, they are used to this adversity, it is their life, sports is adversity at its definition. Someone is telling you they're better than you, that you won't win.

Their goal is to win a championship, our goal is to watch them win a championship. We don't have to do anything for the latter and their life is dedicated to the former.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:18 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I agree wholeheartedly, but Joe was off too. It wasn't his best game.

Joe’s “off” and pretty much every other QB’s “off” are pretty different. See Mahomes in the Super Bowl last year. And that was 3 sacks not 7, and not against Aaron Donald…

Anyway, the OP is correct. There should be no division in the fan base this offseason. The team spent a ton of money on the defense over the last couple years and it helped us reach the Super Bowl. Now do it for the OL.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed, but when your play calling is neutered and he's sacked 7 times, I can't put toooo much on him. 

He had a passer rating over 100 and didn't turn the ball over. Could've been better with more time and a more open playbook.

Absolutely, and being fair, we're just spoiled with what has been some stellar play by our QB down the stretch. He needed to be perfect, and he was just a shade off of being that. I just noticed some missed opportunities like the 4th down conversion attempt. TB was wide open.  All in all, he had a decent game, and was under duress in the second half. I'm certainly not blaming him, or the coaches.... because as you noted, the playbook isn't as open as it can be due to the pressure. 

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well, Nick Wright's an idiot, so.....

Amen to that. Most punchable face on the planet, and he's as much a sports analyst as any random troll on the internet.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Joe’s “off” and pretty much every other QB’s “off” are pretty different. See Mahomes in the Super Bowl last year. And that was 3 sacks not 7, and not against Aaron Donald…

Anyway, the OP is correct. There should be no division in the fan base this offseason. The team spent a ton of money on the defense over the last couple years and it helped us reach the Super Bowl. Now do it for the OL.

Summer down Nico, and read my last post. I'm not bashing your boy, lol. Just making an observation. 

Reply/Quote