Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
O-Line Cost Us a Championship
(02-14-2022, 02:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Amen to that. Most punchable face on the planet, and he's as much a sports analyst as any random troll on the internet.

Right? I don't watch much of him, but he got absolutely SMOKED by his co-hosts after the AFCCG....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:13 PM)casear2727 Wrote: All reports indicate that Mike Brown, 85 years old at the time with a history of ineptness, forced us to take Carmen. A large olinemen needing surgery to play in a position he never has, while higher ranked and better players were still on the board.  Sorry MB defenders the guy has been awful for 3 decades.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/bengals-get-mike-browns-guy-an-inside-look-at-their-pursuit-of-jackson-carman

Agreed I quit being a hardcore bengals fan a decade ago solely because of mike brown. How can you fully invest your emotions and sanity in an organization leader who is not committed 100 percent and believes in doing just enough to be mediocre or slightly above average and not more.

Burrow was destroyed last year. Signing a starting Offensive lineman should have even a priority not a back up. The rams made trade after trade. The bengals could have sent 1 first round pick For a solid starter at any point.

Burrow is very professional in front of the camera. Took the blame but behind the scenes I hope he holds these guys to the fire to do stuff

My gut is he will in 2-3 years when their ineptness finally hits him in the face like a frying pan force a trade elsewhere
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:30 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Summer down Nico, and read my last post. I'm not bashing your boy, lol. Just making an observation. 

Think I made a pretty fair and reasonable counterpoint. Not sure why I need to “summer down.” Tongue

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:24 PM)Oasis5055 Wrote: My only hope
If I’m a bengals fan is Taylor is smart enough to learn from his mistakes play calling and doesn’t have a massive ego to make changes.

This is one thing I respect about rams head coach. After the loss tot be patriots he admitted to the media he was out coached and took the blame

It will be interesting what Taylor says

Well he's already taken the blame for losses this year, so....

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Think I made a pretty fair and reasonable counterpoint. Not sure why I need to “summer down.” Tongue

Lmfao!!!! I'm still a bit groggy today. Smirk You did, I was just razzing ya a little. Last night was tough....need a little humor today. I think I'll just leave that post unedited.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:15 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: This may or may not be true though

If Piano Man is involved, then Carman is a bust....

Reply/Quote
Here's some more pain for everyone.. Jamaar chase had Ramsey cooked on that last 4th and 1...
Reply/Quote
We probably win a ring with a better OL pick in the 2nd last year. Humphrey, Cosmi…

Carman might still pan out, but that one definitely screwed us this season. The coaches and FO deserve a ton of credit for the run we made, but they also deserve criticism for expecting a 21 year old coming off back surgery to be able to step right in at a new position.

Even if Reiff played yesterday, RG likely would have still sunk us.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Defense was incredible. Stuffed the run as well as I've ever seen. Limited Stafford.

Our WRs combined for over 200 yards and 2 TDs.

Burrow was good, but limited on what plays we could run.

Mixon rushed for 73 on 4.8 per carry and even threw a TD.

ST was great once again.

---------------

But.....our "offensive" line gave up 7 sacks and had our offense game planning around it's limitations.

Burrow was sacked 70 times overall this season and it took awhile, but the injury people were worried about might have happened again. To the other knee.

Chase was great. Fix. The. Line.
I blame the offensive lone mostly, but the sucky defensive backfield deserves some of the blame too.  This Bengals team is not a complete team on either side of the ball.  The QB and RB and WR positions are fine on offense but the oline sucks, and the DL and LB are fine on defense but the defensive backfield sucks.  Investment needs to be made in BOTH of those areas and I think both hold equal suckage in that game
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:03 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: I blame the offensive lone mostly, but the sucky defensive backfield deserves some of the blame too.  This Bengals team is not a complete team on either side of the ball.  The QB and RB and WR positions are fine on offense but the oline sucks, and the DL and LB are fine on defense but the defensive backfield sucks.  Investment needs to be made in BOTH of those areas and I think both hold equal suckage in that game

That’s a bit much. Awuzie, Hilton, Bates, and Bell are all good players. The problem yesterday was one guy. Who wasn’t supposed to be a starter in the first place.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s a bit much. Awuzie, Hilton, Bates, and Bell are all good players. The problem yesterday was one guy. Who wasn’t supposed to be a starter in the first place.

I dont know why Trae Waynes wasnt given the opportunity to play more once he came back from the injury.  He is a good cornerback when healthy.  Certainly better than Apple.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:13 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I dont know why Trae Waynes wasnt given the opportunity to play more once he came back from the injury.  He is a good cornerback when healthy.  Certainly better than Apple.

He looked pretty bad at Cleveland.

Reply/Quote
In my opinion, we only had so many close games in the playoffs because of the o-line. Riley Reiff's absence really hurt us too. With protection, the Titan game, the Raiders game and the Rams game should not have been close.
Bengals football, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:50 PM)mas_fuerte Wrote: In my opinion, not a single spot on that line should be safe next year, even Jonah Williams.

I couldn’t agree more! Most teams feature backup offensive linemen who are better than the Bengals’ starters.
Reply/Quote
You have to consider Williams, even as our best O-lineman still gave up 8 sacks in the regular season and I dont know how many more in the playoffs. He is mediocre at best.
Reply/Quote
Isaiah Prince...the bad among the bad

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s a bit much. Awuzie, Hilton, Bates, and Bell are all good players. The problem yesterday was one guy. Who wasn’t supposed to be a starter in the first place.

Agreed. We need an upgrade there, but the secondary overall is a strength imo.

Would love to have Apple back as depth though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Not sure if it was brought up already but apparently Chase was wide open on the last 4th and 1 play because Ramsey fell. Link has a screenshot of it. Burrow needed another second or two.

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/look-screenshot-of-bengals-final-play-is-going-viral
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:13 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I dont know why Trae Waynes wasnt given the opportunity to play more once he came back from the injury.  He is a good cornerback when healthy.  Certainly better than Apple.

Eli Apple isnt bad, he's ok

Waynes is bad. One has improved, one has regressed
Reply/Quote
OchoCinco and Pistons is better at this than I am, but I believe Bengals will have about 15-20 Mil for free Agents next year, this includes signing several Bengal players this off season, including big money with Bates. IF this is accurate, Bengals may be able to get 2 OL FA this offseason. Not much else. They have to "hit" on this draft and maybe make a trade. They may be able to get Jensen from Tampa and Ted Karras from Pats. Maybe. Karras can play Guard and Center. Jensen would be Center. They just cannot fix the OL in one year. Maybe two years.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote