Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
O-line prediction
(03-02-2022, 12:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have 2 O-linemen who are free agents (Rieff,  Spain).

We sign 2 free agents to replace them. Good chance we re-sign Spain. The RT will not be Rieff, but will be a quality ($8+ million) player.

Center is up in the air. I believe Hopkins will still be our OC. But the could sign an upgrade due to Hopkins $7+ million salary.  We could sign a $10+ million center if we release Hopkins.

Either Smith or Carman will be RG.

I could see the Bengals pursue mid-tier vet Germain Ifedi to hold down either RG or RT while a younger player is groomed.
Ifedi has had success at both positions.
He'd be an upgrade at RG over what the Bengals currently have, but he'd be an at-level replacement at RT compared to Reiff.
I think Ifedi will be in the $5-7 mill range.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 11:17 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Trey was close to 1st Round talent and dropped solely due to health concerns, but he hadnt had issues in a couple of seasons. 6th round was insane.

Yeah, I was banging the drum for Trey Smith myself from the 5th round on. Well worth the risk then.

KC came out well with the pick.

(03-03-2022, 09:12 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: I agree and I just see Spain as a Bengal lifer. I'd much rather have someone else.

We will see, he certainly loves playing for the Bengals, I just wish he would of put out a better effort in the postseason.

It is a what have you done for me lately league and the last play of the season was bad on him.

(03-03-2022, 11:56 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: Going back on this trade proposal, everything i read is it would cost Cincy 2 1sts (since we pick so high) so no way we would get Linderbaum along with Tunsil.

No to this, I only threw out the Tunsil name as an example of a trade. I am sure there are other OL the FO are targeting 
for a possible trade for a proven vet. I just don't know who that would be at this moment.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 02:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I could see the Bengals pursue mid-tier vet Germain Ifedi to hold down either RG or RT while a younger player is groomed.
Ifedi has had success at both positions.
He'd be an upgrade at RG over what the Bengals currently have, but he'd be an at-level replacement at RT compared to Reiff.
I think Ifedi will be in the $5-7 mill range.

Is Ifedi a Free Agent? This is the first I have heard his name mentioned. I like this thought.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 02:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Is Ifedi a Free Agent? This is the first I have heard his name mentioned. I like this thought.

Yes he is a FA.

He played RG with CHI in 2020, and RT last year.
In 2020 at RG, he had a PFF grade of 65.0 (63.7 pass, 62.8 run) and allowed only 2 sacks on 1066 snaps.
In 2021 at RT, he had a PFF grade of 61.8 (70.7 pass, 58.6 run) and allowed 2 sacks on 412 snaps.

He's typically been a better pass blocker than run blocker in his career to date.

He's also just turning 28 years old this Summer.

He could make a quality versatile OL who could be a serviceable starter at multiple positions.

His previous contract with the Bears was a 1-year, $5 mill deal.
I don't think he'll get much more than that this time around.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 02:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes he is a FA.

In 2020 at RG, he had a PFF grade of 65.0 (63.7 pass, 62.8 run) and allowed only 2 sacks on 1066 snaps.
In 2021 at RT, he had a PFF grade of 61.8 (70.7 pass, 58.6 run) and allowed 2 sacks on 412 snaps.

He's typically been a better pass blocker than run blocker in his career to date.

He could make a quality versatile OL who could be a serviceable starter at multiple positions.

Sounds like a perfect fit to me. Ifedi plays both positions we need upgraded. I like this.
Reply/Quote
After reading all these posts and looking at the draft and Free Agency I would really hope the Bengals still draft BPA in every round. As I look at our current roster I see a team that is loaded at many positions except maybe Oline and CB. with that said I would attack the Oline in FA, I would rather have vets blocking for Burrow than rookies, and add young talent to the defensive side of the ball. So my wish list:

LT-Williams
LG- Carmen/Smith- they will be in a competition
C- Brian Allen (Rams) 4/32 million
RG- Mark Glowinski (Colts) 4/32 million
RT- Germain Ifedi- 2/10 million and Draft pick

Reserves- Prince, Hill, Smith/Carmen, draft pick G/C type

this upgrades the IOL, and allows for better overall depth with Ifedi as a swing guy to bridge the new RT in. It also allows us to re-sign our own and add in through the draft. I would like to see another IOL guy drafted to boost the depth overall.

Cuts- Adeniji, F.Johnson.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 03:26 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: After reading all these posts and looking at the draft and Free Agency I would really hope the Bengals still draft BPA in every round. As I look at our current roster I see a team that is loaded at many positions except maybe Oline and CB. with that said I would attack the Oline in FA, I would rather have vets blocking for Burrow than rookies, and add young talent to the defensive side of the ball. So my wish list:

LT-Williams

this upgrades the IOL, and allows for better overall depth with Ifedi as a swing guy to bridge the new RT in. It also allows us to re-sign our own and add in through the draft. I would like to see another IOL guy drafted to boost the depth overall.

Fred Johnson is a RFA, so they don't have to "cut" him, but yea it's very unlikely he makes the roster.
I am a bit surprised you'd keep Prince over Adeniji.
What did Prince show you that makes you think he's worthy over Adeniji?
I see Adeniji having a lot more versatility than Prince.
Prince seems like OT (and possibly RT) only guy to me.
Adeniji can back up every OL position aside from C.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 03:26 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: After reading all these posts and looking at the draft and Free Agency I would really hope the Bengals still draft BPA in every round. As I look at our current roster I see a team that is loaded at many positions except maybe Oline and CB. with that said I would attack the Oline in FA, I would rather have vets blocking for Burrow than rookies, and add young talent to the defensive side of the ball. So my wish list:

LT-Williams

Sounds great to me. We can also draft a couple raw O-lineman this way to learn behind the vets and maybe compete with 
Carman and D'Ante Smith at LG. Sounds like the only early OT at 31 that will be available is Raimann who is raw and plays 
with poor technique. I think if I am going with a raw OT I would do it later on in the Draft.

Maybe Faalele falls to the 2nd cause he has problems getting low. But if he can get low under Pollack the sky is the limit 
with this guy.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 02:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes he is a FA.

I'd be very disappointed if he were signed to be a starter. He's basically been Bobby Hart in his career, but not as good.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
Did a PFN Mock and got this with one trade #63 for #68 & 121 and this draft would go a long way in helping the line. Only did 5 rounds and i would be very happy if this happened.

CIN

Tyler Linderbaum
OC Iowa
CIN

Kyler Gordon
CB Washington
trade icon
CIN

Bernhard Raimann
OT Central Michigan
CIN

James Cook
RB Georgia
trade icon
CIN

Jamaree Salyer
OG Georgia
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 03:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sounds great to me. We can also draft a couple raw O-lineman this way to learn behind the vets and maybe compete with 
Carman and D'Ante Smith at LG. Sounds like the only early OT at 31 that will be available is Raimann who is raw and plays 
with poor technique.
I think if I am going with a raw OT I would do it later on in the Draft.

Maybe Faalele falls to the 2nd cause he has problems getting low. But if he can get low under Pollack the sky is the limit 
with this guy.

Surprisingly, I don't think Raimann's technique is that poor for his short tenure at the position, although I do consider his floor a tad low (ceiling very high too tho).  
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 04:34 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Surprisingly, I don't think Raimann's technique as that poor, although I do consider his floor a tad low (ceiling very high too).  

Synric knows O-lineman a bit better than me and said he plays with poor technique at times with his hands.

Said Raimann sometimes has poor hand placement. 

Not what you want starting opening day a rookie RT with poor hand placement. Also Raimann doesn't have very long arms either.

Great athlete with a high ceiling though, would be fine with the pick as long as we add a Morgan Moses or Trent Brown in front of
Raimann and let him develop behind one of them. Raimann kind of reminds me of Jake Fisher a bit without the heart problems.

Nothing wrong with that as I liked Fisher. Those problems weren't his fault unlike Ogbuehi who was just a terrible pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 04:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Synric knows O-lineman a bit better than me and said he plays with poor technique at times with his hands.

Said Raimann sometimes has poor hand placement. 

Not what you want starting opening day a rookie RT with poor hand placement. Also Raimann doesn't have very long arms either.

Great athlete with a high ceiling though, would be fine with the pick as long as we add a Morgan Moses or Trent Brown in front of
Raimann and let him develop behind one of them. Raimann kind of reminds me of Jake Fisher a bit without the heart problems.

Nothing wrong with that as I liked Fisher. Those problems weren't his fault unlike Ogbuehi who was just a terrible pick.

I'm a fan of Mr. Synric haha.  
From his college tape, I was surprised by his technique being as good as it was.  I also don't have a problem with his hand placement.   His arms, from what I've read are 33" which aren't anaconda-esque but not that short (unless that number is wrong).   Having said that, he didn't look quite as good as his tape at the Senior Bowl (including the aforementioned technique).  

*from what I've watched, my biggest critique of him (aside from him being green at the position) was at times contact after snap and a few times seemed a bit too upright upon contact. I'm not beating the drum for him or anything, but he's a very intriguing prospect. He probably won't fall to us, but I really want Kenyon Greene.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 04:54 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: I'm a fan of Mr. Synric haha.  
From his college tape, I was surprised by his technique being as good as it was.  I also don't have a problem with his hand placement.   His arms, from what I've read are 33" which aren't anaconda-esque but not that short (unless that number is wrong).   Having said that, he didn't look quite as good as his tape at the Senior Bowl (including the aforementioned technique).  

*from what I've watched, my biggest critique of him (aside from him being green at the position) was at times contact after snap and a few times seemed a bit too upright upon contact.  I'm not beating the drum for him or anything, but he's a very intriguing prospect.  He probably won't fall to us, but I really want Kenyon Greene.

Agree with everything you say here Dr.Z. I also really want Kenyon Greene, he would be ideal, him or Linderbaum but I am 
with you and don't think either will fall all the way to 31. I just want us to take care of RT in FA the most as I find the Guards
where we will be picking to be much more likely to have a positive impact early on then say a OT like Raimann.

Ideally we add 3 OL in FA or even 4 to open up the Draft completely.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 04:07 PM)Tomcat Wrote: Did a PFN Mock and got this with one trade #63 for #68 & 121 and this draft would go a long way in helping the line. Only did 5 rounds and i would be very happy if this happened.

CIN

Tyler Linderbaum
OC Iowa
CIN

Kyler Gordon
CB Washington
trade icon
CIN

Bernhard Raimann
OT Central Michigan
CIN

James Cook
RB Georgia
trade icon
CIN

Jamaree Salyer
OG Georgia

A+
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 10:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: There will always be two sides to a football team.  It is just as important to stop (or slow down) the opponent's scoring as it is to score points. 

Right absolutely. I was just thinking in terms of bang for your buck and macro-strategy. The defense has a lot of highly paid, good players. Would spending big to round out the holes for a cover 3 defense provide maximum value? Or would it be better to accentuate the strengths of the team by giving the skill position players a little extra time to operate? And can an elite defense compensate for having your starting QB take hit after hit and getting banged up constantly?
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 03:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'd be very disappointed if he were signed to be a starter. He's basically been Bobby Hart in his career, but not as good.  Mellow

Not exactly.
Ifedi is better than Hart in the run game, and he gives up fewer sacks than Hart in the pass game usually.

With that said, Ifedi is not going to be some really big upgrade at RT.
He would be a pretty decent upgrade at RG compared to what the Bengals put out there last year.

He'd ideally be the weakest starter on the OL. And if your weakest starter on the OL is serviceable, that should be a pretty good OL.
If he ended up being the 2nd or 3rd best OL, that's probably not a good sign for your OL.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 06:18 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: A+

About 4 of those guys are projected within the first two rounds right now.
3 of those guys are projected to potentially go in the 1st (Linderbaum, Gordon, Raimann).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

LT-Williams

Not sure I have faith in this oline, its better than what we currently have. 

Im not impressed with Allen at all, more of a product of their system of very quick passes. Seen some film and the guy is not that great.

I like Glowinski, great run blocker but his knock is pass protection.

I like Ifedi as well and I think full time at tackle will help but again he is a better run blocker.  

I'd be ok with any one of these guys with 2 other solid pass protectors.

I'm glad you have Carmen on the left, he was multiple times better there than RG, but he only played 25% of his snaps on the left.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 04:07 PM)Tomcat Wrote: Did a PFN Mock and got this with one trade #63 for #68 & 121 and this draft would go a long way in helping the line. Only did 5 rounds and i would be very happy if this happened.

CIN

Tyler Linderbaum
OC Iowa
CIN

Kyler Gordon
CB Washington
trade icon
CIN

Bernhard Raimann
OT Central Michigan
CIN

James Cook
RB Georgia
trade icon
CIN

Jamaree Salyer
OG Georgia

That would be great, doesnt seem realistic. Salyer and Raimann are both projected 2nd round arent they?
Reply/Quote