Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
O-line prediction
(03-02-2022, 09:29 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Sucked for Patriots fans too when Belicheck started it, but multiple championships cured them right up.

No doubt, that is what I am after. 
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 08:57 PM)BengalsJA Wrote: This right here is what we need. I can’t believe people want Spain, Hopkins, and even Carmen out there. Also, people want a late first round draft pick starting. No way! Seen this way to many times. I want 4 new lineman & it can be done. Chiefs had no money last year & was still able to sign their own + get 4 new oline. It’s time to stop messing around or hoping on this or that. Joe needs it now. We can get Jensen/Bozeman C, Tomlinson/Norwell LG, Daniels/Corbett RG, & Brown/Moses RT. They all don’t have to be all pro or pro bowlers. They all just need to be solid. This would be my first priority before any thing else gets done. It is all possible & needs to happen.

You said no rookie starters, then use the Chiefs as an example of how to rebuild a line. Nervous
Reply/Quote
LT Tunsil
LG Spain
C Hopkins
RG Corbett
RT Jonah

I don't buy the rumors about us signing Jensen. Age is a factor which the Bengals don't really ever give out multi-year deals to older guys. And as much as I love me some Bozeman, not a scheme fit. I don't see Daniels escaping Chicago. I do picture us snatching Tunsil for some reason. We've traded for a starting OT before, he's 27(?) and Jonah shouldn't have an issue switching to RT.

Maybe by some miracle, Linderbaum falls to 31, BOOM!
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 09:25 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I would rather not resign Spain.  I admit he was good at times.  When it counted he struggled, he did not handle the Titans well at all.

But my biggest issue is the last play of the SB. And I know one play shouldnt have such a huge impact and I know it was Aaaron Donald. 

But on 4th down in the SB, the biggest play in Spain's life, he was not asked to beat Aaron Donald, he simply had to take one aggressive step to the left. All he had to do was give AD his inside. The line call was for Hopkins to help Spain and double team AD.  Watch the video and see Hopkins not have anyone to block because Spain lost his mind and went after space instead of positioning his body to his left. Ad could have split that doubleteam and still sacked Joe, at least they would have ran it correctly.  This brain lapse is inexcusable to me.

Just dont get beat outside...   Just dont get beat outside...   Just dont get beat outside...    Just dont get beat outside... 

Im in 100% agreement. Spain did well in regular season but in the playoffs against better competition he completely crumbled.  When we make it to the playoffs again next season, is this the type of LG we want on the O-line?  Post season PFF of 46.1 and if I remember right Super Bowl PFF of 25. We need better talent at LG

Im also with you on the last play of the Super Bowl.  You have a 4th and 1 and the Super Bowl is on the line and Spain completely blows it.  Horrible job by Spain.  It looks like Spain is thinking Donald wants to play patty cake with him the way he claps Donalds hand then lets Donald go by.   Its either patty cake or he is already giving Donald a hi five for winning the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 09:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: You said no rookie starters, then use the Chiefs as an example of how to rebuild a line. Nervous

Yeah, they started my main man Creed Humphrey as a rookie at Center. 

That doesn't happen often though where a rookie OL plays THAT good.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 10:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, they started my main man Creed Humphrey as a rookie at Center. 

That doesn't happen often though where a rookie OL plays THAT good.

They also started Trey Smith at G.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 09:44 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: LT Tunsil
LG Spain
C Hopkins
RG Corbett
RT Jonah

I don't buy the rumors about us signing Jensen. Age is a factor which the Bengals don't really ever give out multi-year deals to older guys. And as much as I love me some Bozeman, not a scheme fit. I don't see Daniels escaping Chicago. I do picture us snatching Tunsil for some reason. We've traded for a starting OT before, he's 27(?) and Jonah shouldn't have an issue switching to RT.

Just hope Spain gets his shit together after that postseason and SB or Carman takes his spot.

If this happens along with what you say here we be good. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 10:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: They also started Trey Smith at G.

Oh yeah, damn they nailed that Draft. 

I questioned the Trey Smith pick at the time with the health questions but it was the right pick evidently.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 09:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: You said no rookie starters, then use the Chiefs as an example of how to rebuild a line. Nervous
I did not say no rookie starters. If we had a higher draft pick like top 10 or so then sure, but I’m not counting on someone that’s picked late in the first. That’s where we always get into trouble. Hoping & wishing! Yes it did work out for the Chiefs, but you can’t count on that. Most need some time. I want proven players. We have the money to get it done. Way more than the Chiefs had last year. We don’t have to count on a draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 10:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Oh yeah, damn they nailed that Draft. 

I questioned the Trey Smith pick at the time with the health questions but it was the right pick evidently.

Trey was close to 1st Round talent and dropped solely due to health concerns, but he hadnt had issues in a couple of seasons. 6th round was insane.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 09:44 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: LT Tunsil
LG Spain
C Hopkins
RG Corbett
RT Jonah

Zero chance maybe -01 chance on Tunsil. They want no part of his history
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 10:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just hope Spain gets his shit together after that postseason and SB or Carman takes his spot.

If this happens along with what you say here we be good. Mellow

I agree and I just see Spain as a Bengal lifer. I'd much rather have someone else.

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 12:25 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Zero chance maybe -01 chance on Tunsil. They want no part of his history

You'll have to brush me up on this history you speak of. The bong/gas mask video?

Reply/Quote
Want:

LT  Williams
LG  Spain
C  Hopkins/Ben Jones
RG Scherff/Corbett
RT Moses

Predict:

LT  Wiliams
LG  Carman
C  Bozeman
RG  Daniels
RT  Prince/Reiff/Rookie

I don't really understand the need to keep spending on big ticket guys on defense.  No matter how much they spend, the days of assembling an 85 Bears type of defense are gone.  You need to keep your QB healthy and put up points to beat teams like KC and Buffalo.  Defense is where I'd like to see them use youth and bargain bin vets to round out the roster.  OL is where they need to step up to the plate and figure out how to give Burrow time to operate.  
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 10:03 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I don't really understand the need to keep spending on big ticket guys on defense.  

There will always be two sides to a football team.  It is just as important to stop (or slow down) the opponent's scoring as it is to score points. 
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 09:14 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: You'll have to brush me up on this history you speak of. The bong/gas mask video?

Domestic violence with his FIL. On twitter around the draft smoking marijuana with a bong. Bringing down Ole Miss by flashing money and insinuating he was paid money to attend there.He’s not bad he’s just at $22 million a year a huge risk.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 10:42 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Domestic violence with his FIL. On twitter around the draft smoking marijuana with a bong. Bringing down Ole Miss by flashing money and insinuating he was paid money to attend there.He’s not bad he’s just at $22 million a year a huge risk.

That's all unfortunate news and not very attractive. Appreciate you for that. 

Do you believe he's past these stages of his life/learned his lesson(s)? These issues didn't seem to have an effect on the trade value that Houston had to give up to get him from Miami. 

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 11:10 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: That's all unfortunate news and not very attractive. Appreciate you for that. 

Do you believe he's past these stages of his life/learned his lesson(s)? These issues didn't seem to have an effect on the trade value that Houston had to give up to get him from Miami. 

Doesn’t really matter even if his character was fine and no blemishes his 22 million price tag is a deal breaker
Reply/Quote
Hard to guess the whole line, but I do predict that they sign one of the bigger name centers and bring Hopkins back after cutting him as insurance at guard.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 11:10 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: That's all unfortunate news and not very attractive. Appreciate you for that. 

Going back on this trade proposal, everything i read is it would cost Cincy 2 1sts (since we pick so high) so no way we would get Linderbaum along with Tunsil.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote