Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
O-line prediction
(03-04-2022, 11:06 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Not sure I have faith in this oline, its better than what we currently have. 

Im not impressed with Allen at all, more of a product of their system of very quick passes. Seen some film and the guy is not that great.

I like Glowinski, great run blocker but his knock is pass protection.

I like Ifedi as well and I think full time at tackle will help but again he is a better run blocker.  

I'd be ok with any one of these guys with 2 other solid pass protectors.

I'm glad you have Carmen on the left, he was multiple times better there than RG, but he only played 25% of his snaps on the left.

I'd completely be ok with bringing in a new C, RG, and RT, then let Hopkins, Carman, and Smith battle it out for LG.

I gotta say though, I had no idea who Glowinski was when he was mentioned. Turns out that's probably for a reason.
Dude is just meh. Not worth $8 mill APY. He's more of a $5 mill APY kinda guy.

Ifedi I'd be ok with adding for ~$5 mill given he can play both RT and RG, but I'd probably look to have an early draft pick backing him up to develop. Ifedi wouldn't be any kind of long-term guy. Pure stopgap serviceable vet.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 10:59 AM)ochocincos Wrote: About 4 of those guys are projected within the first two rounds right now.
3 of those guys are projected to potentially go in the 1st (Linderbaum, Gordon, Raimann).

That’s why I graded it an A+ instead of an A. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 11:20 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd completely be ok with bringing in a new C, RG, and RT, then let Hopkins, Carman, and Smith battle it out for LG.

I gotta say though, I had no idea who Glowinski was when he was mentioned. Turns out that's probably for a reason.
Dude is just meh. Not worth $8 mill APY. He's more of a $5 mill APY kinda guy.

Ifedi I'd be ok with adding for ~$5 mill given he can play both RT and RG, but I'd probably look to have an early draft pick backing him up to develop. Ifedi wouldn't be any kind of long-term guy. Pure stopgap serviceable vet.

And that's just it. We might pay A LOT of money for lineman and they might come in and be mediocre.
Reply/Quote
Everyone here knows the Bengals are not going to give up on J Carmen, D. Smith, T. Hill or H. Adenji.
I don't know about OT Prince since we did not draft him but we still have him for 2 more years so they will probably want to keep him as well.
That would be 5 players plus Williams to make 6 guys that will be in the OL room next year. They like Spain & Reiff so I imagine they will stay for the right price. That brings us to 8. I think they like Hopkins but they know they need to upgrade there and they will not get rid of backup Hill.
With all the being said it feels like they will sign Ryan Jensen and either a Tackle or Guard.

I just hope they address the line in FA well enough so that we can take the best player available with our 31st pick.
We might be able to trade it for another player or to pick up 2 picks in the top 100.
Reply/Quote
Any option that doesn't have Jonah at LT is unrealistic and creates a problem we don't have. Why would we move a fine young cheap LT to just sign a high dollar option? We have the kid for good money for the next 2 years
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
My 2022 O-line prediction:

LT-  Jonah Williams
LG- Jackson Carman
 C-  Ryan Jensen
RG- James Daniels
RT- Abraham Lucas

They've talked about wanting to add toughness and talent to the line. Jensen is the alpha 'glass-eater' and Daniels brings the high-end talent. Both are excellent scheme fits...while Jensen already has experience in the AFC North and Daniels is entering what should be his prime years. 

Giving Carman a shot at LG seems like the most obvious move going forward, and I fill like he could could excel there if he gets himself in shape this shape off-season and realizes he can't survive on talent alone at this level. He's going to have to work his ass off as well. I think he'll come in with a better attitude/work ethic this year.

Lucas is a guy that is a natural RT, is steady, sound and should be plug-n-play day 1. 
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 09:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: My 2022 O-line prediction:

LT-  Jonah Williams
LG- Jackson Carman
 C-  Ryan Jensen
RG- James Daniels
RT- Abraham Lucas

They've talked about wanting to add toughness and talent to the line. Jensen is the alpha 'glass-eater' and Daniels brings the high-end talent. Both are excellent scheme fits...while Jensen already has experience in the AFC North and Daniels is entering what should be his prime years. 

Giving Carman a shot at LG seems like the most obvious move going forward, and I fill like he could could excel there if he gets himself in shape this shape off-season and realizes he can't survive on talent alone at this level. He's going to have to work his ass off as well. I think he'll come in with a better attitude/work ethic this year.

Lucas is a guy that is a natural RT, is steady, sound and should be plug-n-play day 1. 

I could see this or change Daniels to Corbett if Daniels can't make it out of Chicaca and would be happy with it. 

Lucas doesn't blow you away in anything he does but he is solid, good at what he does and that is enough.

I like him better than Raimann for this very reason. I don't think Lucas will be a bust. Raimann is high ceiling but could bust
just the same with his shorter arms and facing the great players of the NFL and the lack of experience could hurt him confidence
wise once he faces great Defensive Ends. Small school, lack of experience and short arms are not good signs of a solid OT pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 09:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I could see this or change Daniels to Corbett if Daniels can't make it out of Chicaca and would be happy with it. 

Lucas doesn't blow you away in anything he does but he is solid, good at what he does and that is enough.

I like him better than Raimann for this very reason. I don't think Lucas will be a bust. Raimann is high ceiling but could bust
just the same with his shorter arms and facing the great players of the NFL and the lack of experience could hurt him confidence
wise once he faces great Defensive Ends. Small school, lack of experience and short arms are not good signs of a solid OT pick.

Just my opinion, but I'm not nearly as high on Corbett as some are. Having said that, he'd still be an upgrade over what we had.

As far as Daniels, from everything I've heard and read so far, it sounds like he'll hit the market. Things can always change quickly though, so who the hell knows. Jerry
Reply/Quote
Jonah
Tomlinson
Jensen
Carman
Reiff/Petit-Frere

Reiff is insurance. Petit Frere is the one I keep coming back to in round 1. Great size, arm length and wide zone experience. Could be a left tackle in time. he's a really high ceiling pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 11:04 PM)samhain Wrote: Jonah
Tomlinson
Jensen
Carman
Reiff/Petit-Frere

Reiff is insurance.  Petit Frere is the one I keep coming back to in round 1.  Great size, arm length and wide zone experience.  Could be a left tackle in time.  he's a really high ceiling pick.

I know that you scout the player and not the school but honestly, when's the last time an tOSU OL came in and performed in the NFL? 

NPF could break the mold but I'm wary of trusting any tOSU players until one is proficient at the next level. Especially at the 1st round.
Reply/Quote
Tomlinson
Jensen
Carman
Reiff/Petit-Frere

Reiff is insurance. Petit Frere is the one I keep coming back to in round 1. Great size, arm length and wide zone experience. Could be a left tackle in time. he's a really high ceiling pick.

I dig it
Reply/Quote
Tomlinson
Jensen
Carman
Reiff/Petit-Frere

Reiff is insurance.  Petit Frere is the one I keep coming back to in round 1.  Great size, arm length and wide zone experience.  Could be a left tackle in time.  he's a really high ceiling pick.

Petit Frere is nowhere near a 1st round guy.....more like 3rd/4th and no more OSU OL.....Noooooo
Reply/Quote
I’ll put it here, no names on FA’s but what I think we end up doing.

LT-Jonah
LG- Carman/Smith
C- Trey/day 2 center (open competition)
RG- tier 2 FA ( Williams, Daniel’s, Corbett)
RT- (Moses/Brown) or (Reiff, stop gap with 1st/2nd rd tackle)

I think we look to get Carman back over to the left side for potentially a more easy transition inside. I don’t think we go all in on center as people have predicted for FA but rather see if Trey will take a pay cut to be a bridge to an earlyish center we take this year. The right side is up for grabs and will be based on market prices. I think they stay with tier 2 RG simply because the market is flush with them so prices should be manageable. RT is where I think market dictates our plan, if prices are reasonable I think a tier 2 guy like Moses or Brown are in play but if it gets wild look for a Reiff (if not retired), Snell, Kelly as a bridge to an early RT in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 11:48 PM)pulses Wrote: Petit Frere is nowhere near a 1st round guy.....more like 3rd/4th and no more OSU OL.....Noooooo

No way he lasts past the second.  Not unless he gets caught smoking crack from a gas mask or something.  I could care less where he went to school.  
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 10:02 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Just my opinion, but I'm not nearly as high on Corbett as some are. Having said that, he'd still be an upgrade over what we had.

As far as Daniels, from everything I've heard and read so far, it sounds like he'll hit the market. Things can always change quickly though, so who the hell knows. Jerry

I think if Daniels hits the market he is a Bengal. He is exactly what we need and he is young and extremely versatile.

James can play ALL of the interior positions well. A very valuable player.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 11:40 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I know that you scout the player and not the school but honestly, when's the last time an tOSU OL came in and performed in the NFL? 

NPF could break the mold but I'm wary of trusting any tOSU players until one is proficient at the next level. Especially at the 1st round.

We're picking late.  It's between him and some guys like Falele, Penning and Raimann who are projects/smaller school players.  I'll take the guy with all of the measureables from a top program all day.  It's a crapshoot either way with late first round tackles.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 11:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: I’ll put it here, no names on FA’s but what I think we end up doing.

LT-Jonah
LG- Carman/Smith
C- Trey/day 2 center (open competition)
RG- tier 2 FA ( Williams, Daniel’s, Corbett)
RT-  (Moses/Brown) or (Reiff, stop gap with 1st/2nd rd tackle)

I think we look to get Carman back over to the left side for potentially a more easy transition inside. I don’t think we go all in on center as people have predicted for FA but rather see if Trey will take a pay cut to be a bridge to an earlyish center we take this year. The right side is up for grabs and will be based on market prices. I think they stay with tier 2 RG simply because the market is flush with them so prices should be manageable. RT is where I think market dictates our plan, if prices are reasonable I think a tier 2 guy like Moses or Brown are in play but if it gets wild look for a Reiff (if not retired), Snell, Kelly as a bridge to an early RT in the draft.

You think Trey would be okay with taking a pay cut while we Draft his possible replacement? I don't.

I think we need to just get his replacement in FA and cut the guy so he can get his chance somewhere else.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 12:30 AM)samhain Wrote: We're picking late.  It's between him and some guys like Falele, Penning and Raimann who are projects/smaller school players.  I'll take the guy with all of the measureables from a top program all day.  It's a crapshoot either way with late first round tackles.

Penning fits us if he is around at 31. Mean, physical, glass eater type but I doubt he falls to us. Faalele needs to stay lower
or he won't amount to anything despite the hype. Raimann is raw with short arms and a lack of experience playing OT.

I like the Guards that should be available early if we are going OL and of course if Linderbaum is there I take him.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 12:34 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You think Trey would be okay with taking a pay cut while we Draft his possible replacement? I don't.

I think we need to just get his replacement in FA and cut the guy so he can get his chance somewhere else.

That’s fine if he’s not okay with it, you cut him but I am not sure the plan would change that drastically. I don’t see them paying 10+ million a year for a center and the group below those guys I’m not sure are really much of an upgrade from Hopkins. I think he would take it though if you guarantee a decent amount of what you reduce it to.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 12:37 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Penning fits us if he is around at 31. Mean, physical, glass eater type but I doubt he falls to us. Faalele needs to stay lower
or he won't amount to anything despite the hype. Raimann is raw with short arms and a lack of experience playing OT.

I like the Guards that should be available early if we are going OL and of course if Linderbaum is there I take him.

I want Salyer if we go guard, and he's a second/third round guy.  Everyone seems to love him.  If he's as good as people think, I don't see him having around that long.
Reply/Quote